Noticed that I'm in the middle of a run [DDQ Musings]

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled Doc Ock greenflag.png from a standard token to go with the day's Vision redflag.png I really don't need too many more covers before everybody on the roster will be able to go to at least 104, and then I can start leveling them a level at a time, each, past that.
  • DFiPL
    icon_kamalakhan.pngyellowflag.png from PVP brings her to ten covers, and of course, icon_blackpanther.png moved from 10 to 11 with yesterday's DDQ.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL wrote:
    Iron Fist making a late bid to be my 14th 13-cover 3*! Be interested to see which of the current crop of 12's gets there first.

The black progression in the Heroic pushes Iron Fist across the line. The green placement reward might have done the same, had I been capable of sticking that little tinykitty landing spot between Captain Falcon and the TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY places for a 2*.

I get expanding the number of places that can earn the 4* reward. I just don't get why they do it at the expense of the 3* rather than the 2*.
  • DFiPL
    Colossus reaches my preferred 3/5/5 with a cover from a standard token tonight, and Quicksilver reaches 4/5/2. I honestly have no idea what I want to spec Quicksilver out as, because neither his black nor his green appear to change anything but damage with additional covers. No additional tile swaps for black, no additional critical tiles for green, no AP cost changes. Just...more damage. He might be a guy who, whatever his final 'natural' build ends up being, I'll just leave it be.
  • DFiPL
    5th red for Captain America gets him to 3/5/5. 3rd black for Luke Cage gets him to his 12th cover. Still undecided whether to go 5/4/4, which he's trending for, or 5/3/5.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    5th red for Captain America gets him to 3/5/5. 3rd black for Luke Cage gets him to his 12th cover. Still undecided whether to go 5/4/4, which he's trending for, or 5/3/5.

5/3/5 for cage is my preference, The AI is going to fire it off quite a bit on defense in PVP, so you want it to pack a punch.. and at 3 red, the shield still mitigates a good deal of match damage.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Iron Fist making a late bid to be my 14th 13-cover 3*! Be interested to see which of the current crop of 12's gets there first.

The black progression in the Heroic pushes Iron Fist across the line. The green placement reward might have done the same, had I been capable of sticking that little tinykitty landing spot between Captain Falcon and the TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY places for a 2*.

I get expanding the number of places that can earn the 4* reward. I just don't get why they do it at the expense of the 3* rather than the 2*.

Because the 2* playerbase is needing those covers more than you would at 3*, because the distinguishing line between 3 and 4 star is much more blurry, achievement wise, than 2*.

The worst thing that can happen when you're starting the 1-2 transition is to get a random 3 star. It throws your level scaling all out of wack, and can be difficult to recover from if it happens. Happened to me when I has a steve rogers3 drop way too early.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've suddenly hit a run of good luck. I got a purpleflag.pngicon_kingpin.png and greenflag.pngicon_jeangrey.png from two Heroic tokens and later got a yellowflag.pngicon_antman.png from the Kahn PvP progression and a greenflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png from the 10-pack from this season.

Shouldn't have mentioned this, really. Gonna jinx it now.
  • DFiPL
    Gamora becomes my 15th 13-cover 3*. She couldn't have used the upcoming blackflag.png anyway, since she's already 5 covers in that, so getting her greenflag.png from a token was nice.

Daredevil should move from 10 to 11 covers tomorrow, followed by She-Hulk's 7th the next day. Deadpool is still one cycle away from optimal covers.

Black Widow will get her 12th cover and 4th purpleflag.png in five days, the day after the aforementioned Gamora's blackflag.png comes up.

Barring somebody line-jumping via a token pull, Loki will be the next to get his 13th cover, doing so in six days.

Daken is already spec'ed how I want him.

The greenflag.png awaiting Squirrel Girl in 8 days will make her my 17th 13-cover character. Think I may want to respec her to 3/5/5, though, so she won't be 'done' yet.

Doom gets his 5th purpleflag.png in 9 days, and will be 12 covers then.

Mystique joins the 12-cover ranks in 10 days.

Hulk gets his 4th blackflag.png in 11 days, and will be my 6th straight (not counting Daken who doesn't need any covers) to reach either 12 or 13 covers from DDQ.

Falcon will get his 3rd purpleflag.png and reach 13 covers in 12 days. I want him to have 5 in that, though, so respec is a-comin'. Not sure to what, yet; maybe 4/4/5? That'll make 7 characters in an 8 day span to reach 12 or 13 covers.

Psylocke is in the same boat as Daken - 13 covers already and spec'ed how I want her.

Punisher is at 13 covers, but his next in DDQ is his redflag.png and I want that at 5 (currently at 3), so that'll be a respec. I think I'm going 4/4/5 there.

Exciting times in the next two weeks.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Beats mine icon_e_sad.gif

I'm the literal definition of a "transition" player.
    http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Blahahah/

I have enough to get by and basically body out enough to get about top 50 in my slices, give or take...
    But I don't have enough to actually be comparable to anyone on the site because most people have every 3* max covered and I'm not even optimal with my Thor lol icon_e_sad.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:

I have enough to get by and basically body out enough to get about top 50 in my slices, give or take...
    But I don't have enough to actually be comparable to anyone on the site because most people have every 3* max covered and I'm not even optimal with my Thor lol icon_e_sad.gif
    We're close but I have more 4 stars, and no 3 star with more then 5 covers.
  • DFiPL
    Blahahah wrote:

My Thor is 4/5/2. It hurts, because I wanna bring the pain with Call the Storm, but I can't. >.<
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL wrote:
    My Thor is 4/5/2. It hurts, because I wanna bring the pain with Call the Storm, but I can't. >.<

You'll get there! "Lord of Thunder" hasn't run in a while, hopefully the t100 and ally reward will both be green icon_e_biggrin.gif

Personally, I only need a blackflag.png Colossus and a few purpleflag.png Blade, both for respecs....and a couple dozen on dupes but who's counting those.

.... and 52 covers on 4*s. An optimist might hope to average 1 a week..... icon_cry.gif

I get my 4th icon_nickfury.png tomorrow.

Thor's next DDQ will be greenflag.png, so that helps.

and if I'd stop pulling 7+ 2* per 5-day taco cycle I might get a Thor. >:-(
  • DFiPL
    Black Widow gets her 12th cover via DDQ, and could get her 13th via progression reward in PVE this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Deadpool got the 5th red cover I've been jonesing for via daily reward, so he is now 5 red, 5 purple, 3 black.

Me gusta.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL wrote:
    Black Widow will get her 12th cover and 4th purpleflag.png in five days, the day after the aforementioned Gamora's blackflag.png comes up.

Barring somebody line-jumping via a token pull, Loki will be the next to get his 13th cover, doing so in six days.

LOLoki.

Widow got the purpleflag.png today, but today was also the day I reached 3000 points for the season to get her 4th greenflag.png.

Welcome to Thirteenlandia, Widow.

I'm either going to go 5/4/4 or 4/4/5. I haven't decided which.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Finally finished my Thor.

Now its just a matter of actually getting the characters to use with him :/
  • DFiPL
    Loki's ascension to 13 gives me 17 fully-covered 3*, only two of whom need a respec of any kind. I have 16 3* with 10-12 covers, and just 6 with fewer than 10.

Iron Man will probably never join this party without a serious rework of his powers.
  • DFiPL
    Updated the OP for spec musings and to add Squirrel Girl to the ranks of Thirteenlandia. Doom joins them tomorrow.
  • DFiPL
    tipping point has been reached. Doctor Doom is my 20th 3*, leaving 19 3* still chasing covers.

Of the 20 13-cover characters I have, I think 18 are spec'ed out how I want them.
  • DFiPL
    Falcon (DDQ) and Human Torch (PVP) join the 13-cover parade.

Up to, I think, 22 13-covered 3's and 17 12-or-fewer.