Noticed that I'm in the middle of a run [DDQ Musings]

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looking at the upcoming DDQs, the thread title is relevant again.

7 of the next 8 are characters who are not only 13-covers for me, but spec'ed how I want them. Bullseye is still growing, but he's already at green5, so the cover won't be useful to him. Likewise, Human Torch needs 2 reds, but the next DDQ is his green, which is already green5.

Colossus is spec'ed how I want him, which means 8 of the next 10 are "optimal" 13-covers for me; one is a 13 that can't go anywhere unless the tacos are kind; and the other is an 11-cover who likewise needs taco grace to grow.

Cyclops is Bullseye with laser vision - 11 covers, but black5 with his black coming up in DDQ, so he's got nowhere to go.

Once we get past Cyclops in 10 days, the pendulum swings. Hood and Doc Ock will both be able to use their covers, and then Thor gets a much-needed green. Captain Marvel gets a yellow, two days off for Iron Man (whom I don't have) and Iron Fist (spec'ed how I want him!) and then 5 characters in a row who really aren't in any shape to be picky about their covers.
  • DFiPL
    Started training my 3* to 114 (where possible). Not everybody who's gotten those trainings is at 13 covers yet, you'll notice. The characters at 114 are colorful.

Once my characters who can go that far have (and only four of my 3* are unable to train to at least 114), I'll re-evaluate.
  • DFiPL
    Updated for a coupla folks trained to 114 and Punisher getting his 5th redflag.png cover.
  • DFiPL
    Coming out of the woods. Hood got his 3rd cover today, Ock will get his 4th green tomorrow, and Thor will become a citizen of Thirteenlandia with his 3rd green the day after tomorrow.

Skipping Iron Man day because lol no, and Iron Fist is how I want him already, but Ragnarok will get his 7th cover and 4th blue in five days, enabling him to train to 104. Kamala Khan will get her 4th green the day after, giving her 11 covers. Quicksilver's greenflag.png in one week will give him 12 covers, Scarlet Witch's blueflag.png will get her to 10 covers, and Vision's yellowflag.png will get him to 11. Black Panther is maxed for yellow already, but Magneto will cheerfully take his 3rd blue and 12th cover overall.

The next four after that aren't useful, either because characters are at spec or maxed on the specific color on offer, but Daredevil will get his 4th purpleflag.png and 12th overall cover, and actually he's in a good spot because he'll be at spec when he gets his 13th cover about a month after that (sooner if he pulls a billy club cover before then).

She-Hulk is still in the "any cover helps" category. Then it's more or less back into the woods, as just two of the next twelve covers will be useful.

Still, harvest season is here for a week or two.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Man, you've been busy it looks like.

I just now finished covering my 2nd 3* (Thor came first, and got lucky with the doc draws and got my spec I wanted), and you're on like your 17th one.
  • DFiPL
    Blahahah wrote:
    Man, you've been busy it looks like.

I just now finished covering my 2nd 3* (Thor came first, and got lucky with the doc draws and got my spec I wanted), and you're on like your 17th one.

23 fully covered for me, actually, although a few of them still need respecs icon_e_biggrin.gif

As for being busy, kinda, kinda. I've made a ton of recent progress, for sure, courtesy of the most recent PVP season and spending ISO on standard tokens instead of training when I was waiting to be able to bring everybody to 104 at roughly the same time to keep my PVE scaling from going bonkers (but didn't want to amass so much ISO that I got sandboxed).

Most of the covers I've been adding have come from tacos and the Big Enchilada, but there have been more than a handful of useful covers from various non-taco tokens, for sure.
  • DFiPL
    Hood from a taco, Ock from the Big Enchilada, and with any luck, another Ock from Heroic placement tonight. Fingers crossed on the latter.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL wrote:
    Skipping Iron Man day because lol no, and Iron Fist is how I want him already, but Ragnarok will get his 7th cover and 4th blue in five days, enabling him to train to 104. Kamala Khan will get her 4th green the day after, giving her 11 covers.

The non-essential taco for Iron Man day yielded Kamala's greenflag.png, so she's actually going to have five tasty covers in green in a few days, and 12 covers overall.

Iron Man day was good for something after all!

(bonus: I pulled the same Kamala Khan greenflag.png on both mobile and Steam. Useful in both places.)
  • DFiPL
    Ragnarok's 8th cover makes him the 37th 3* character on my roster to reach level 104.

She-Hulk and The Hood are the only 3* below triple digits, now.
  • DFiPL
    redflag.png progression reward for She-Hulk gets her to 8 covers and 102 levels. Hood is the lone holdout below 100 levels, now.
  • DFiPL
    Quicksilver got his 12th cover. Nick Fury got his 5th, although the 4* covers aren't flowing quickly enough for me to start a thread for my 4*, or append them here. I just felt like mentioning that icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    Updated the main post to reflect that everybody who can train to 114 has. (Storm, Groot and Deadpool are all significantly above 114, so I didn't give them the colorful text; the four characters with fewer than 10 covers who cannot yet exceed 104 levels probably should get their own color to reflect that but I'm lazy and it's a situation which will be rectified reasonably soon anyway.

Deadpool, at 119, will soon join the rest of the squad in the upward climb. Storm and Groot are 133 and 141 respectively, and so will stay where they're at for a while longer.

Thinking I may pause at 114 to let Ock, Hood, Ragnarok and She-Hulk catch up.

Or, at least, Ock, Ragnarok and She-Hulk. Hood's far enough behind that he's another 4-5 covers from being able to reach 104, even.

Professor X and Fury are both at 104, but I may take the opportunity to get them to 114 with their 3* compatriots while we wait on more covers for Ock et al. She-Hulk should be able to reach 114 in a week or so, but the other three won't get another cover, barring favorable token pulls, for about a month.
  • DFiPL
    Vision to 11 covers, leaving his girlfriend Wanda behind at 10 covers. Professor X joins Fury at 114.

Everybody in 3* land is either at 114 (with the exception of Groot/Storm/Deadpool, who trained before I realized that personal scaling is a thing) or literally at their level cap (Ock, Ragnarok at 104; She-Hulk at 102; and Hood at 66).

All 4* are at their level cap. Bullseye and OBW are the only 2* who need levels at all. 1* Spidey is 9700 shy of level 50, apparently. Debating whether to train them while I wait for Ock, Rags and She-Hulk to catch up, or just stockpile the ISO to go on a major training spree in a month or two.
  • DFiPL
    Had to dig to page 10 to find my thread again, as it was buried by anniversary rage.

Ten pages of anniversary rage is...rageful.

She-Hulk's blue cover today took her level cap to exactly 114, so she joined the rest of the 114's. Ock, Ragnarok, and Hood are the only holdouts.

According to my DDQ tracker, 14 of the next 39 covers will be useful, but just two of the next 18 (both respecs of fully-covered characters). Cyclops will get his thirteenth cover (at my preferred spec) in three weeks. Hood will get his 5th, Doc Ock his 9th, Captain Marvel her 10th and Ragnarok his 9th in the subsequent week. After that, Kamala Khan gets her 13th (at preferred spec), Quicksilver his 13th (still don't know if I'm going to want a specific spec from him), Scarlet Witch her 11th, Vision his 12th, Black Panther his 13th (at preferred spec), Luke Cage his 13th (needs a respec), and Daredevil his 13th (at preferred spec). Which will then bring us back to where we are today.

So the next month'ish is going to be slow for progress, but six characters will reach 13 covers, and four of those will do so at their preferred loadout. So it'll be productive. Just slow.
  • DFiPL
    Couple updates here. A few characters who needed 2 covers for a respec have since gotten one of the needed covers, so I updated current/desired on those characters. Also, characters in blue are level 120, up from 114, while those in black are between 66 (Hood) and 117 (Ragnarok).

Ragnarok pulled his 4th green cover a few minutes ago, getting him to 9 covers. That means my 3* roster has an average cover level of 12+ covers, and that only two characters have fewer than 9 covers.

Bullseye doesn't get to benefit from tomorrow's DDQ, as he needs the next cover in the cycle.

The next 5 after Bullseye are at spec.

Torch will finally get his 4th red; Cyclops I think I'm going to keep at 4/4/5, but I'll keep his red cover in the queue for two weeks before I make a final decision. Ock and Hood can both use their covers, so in about two weeks, Hood will be my only 3* character with fewer than 9 covers.

Captain Marvel will reach 10 covers this cycle, and Ragnarok will join her at 10 covers (and finally train up to 120) a couple days later. Kamala Khan, Quicksilver and Vision will all earn their 13th covers this cycle. Scarlet Witch will reach her 12th. Luke Cage will get his 13th, but I think 5/4/4 will be a temporary build for him. Daredevil will also reach 13. Once that happens, I will have only 8 3* who will have yet to reach 13 covers.
  • DFiPL
    An unexpectedly strong PVP finish accelerates Vision's trip to Thirteenlandia (and his preferred 5/5/3 spec). 27 fully-covered 3*, now. A few in need of respec. Just 12 characters remaining at fewer than 13 covers.
  • DFiPL
    Pulled Ragnarok from a token earlier, and am now down to just three 3* who cannot train to 120 yet.
  • DFiPL
    The 3k PVP reward adds Daredevil to the Group of 13, bringing the class size to 29. Captain Marvel will hit 11 covers in a couple days, absent any fortuitous token pulls. Ragnarok will join her a few days after that.

Kamala Khan and Quicksilver are the next two in line to hit 13 covers, and right after them, Scarlet Witch will get her 12th.

Five days after her, Luke Cage will get his 13th, but he needs a respec.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    I believe in you. Go for the gold!
  • DFiPL
    Kamala Khan reaches 13 covers tomorrow and Quicksilver the day after. Exciting!