Upcoming Price Adjustments

13»

Comments

• Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    Nivrax wrote:
    Poor Korea, according to chart it's 1000% increase, this has to sting.
    Korea pays in USD on iOS and in local currency on Google/Steam. So it's not quite that bad. icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah, a little something extra to back up this statement. The spreadsheet is a little unclear with the currency change, but 2,100 won (the unit of currency in Korea) is roughly around $2.10. It's actually a little less than that in USD, but you can do rough estimates this way. Regardless, it wouldn't be a 1000% increase anyway. The chart clearly shows the previously charged amount and the amount it increased to in the green column. Even the greatest fluctuation in the stark salary is about 24% increase in prices. It's not an insignificant amount (I think it still hurts them more than others), but still a far cry from 1000%.
  • theo199
    theo199 Posts: 79
    I do not know what to choose ; feeding my little family or feeding all those digital sharks.
    Mmh.
    Just give me 2 seconds icon_e_geek.gif
  • So something that was $170 (about the price of a PS3 brand new just released game) will go up to $300 here in Brazil. Way to go. -not
  • by IceIX » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:33 pm

Twombley wrote:
    Fine, add 20% of cost, but why not add 20% of product as well? That costs you nothing, other than your profit margin.

We may well do that. (Not an announcement) However, to say that it costs us nothing is a bit of a misnomer. True, it costs us nothing to create the currency. But changing HP/Iso inflow has ripple effects throughout the player economy. We don't make those sorts of changes lightly as a result.

Well this explains everything.....

Using misnomer the way you did is a real misnomer.
  • CoolB76 wrote:
    by IceIX » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:33 pm

Twombley wrote:
    Fine, add 20% of cost, but why not add 20% of product as well? That costs you nothing, other than your profit margin.

We may well do that. (Not an announcement) However, to say that it costs us nothing is a bit of a misnomer. True, it costs us nothing to create the currency. But changing HP/Iso inflow has ripple effects throughout the player economy. We don't make those sorts of changes lightly as a result.

Well this explains everything.....

Using misnomer the way you did is a real misnomer.

Misnomer: using a term or phrase incorrectly

The phrase in question is: "costs you nothing." It was followed up with the clause "other than your profit margin."

That sentence doesn't quite make sense in the context of a digitally based business in which profit margins are a reflection of the digital economy of the business, which is directly affected by content price fluctuation. Lowering the price/product ratio has the potential to create higher impulse, resulting in much greater entry level spending but such a business model does not generally lead to long-term player commitment. So in a sense, it could cost them everything!

Diction Nazis annoy me, cheers!
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    So any chance of a 1 day sale at least for us iOS users that have been paying more than Android or steam, in Canada and some other countries?

Help make up for the price difference other than giving people a warning the price is going up.
  • I've noticed that the iOS prices have gone up for AUD even though the spreadsheet published indicated no change. For instance, logans loonies has gone from AUD 24.99 to 30.99. Quite a big jump - could you please clarify why this is so?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    sa261275 wrote:
    I've noticed that the iOS prices have gone up for AUD even though the spreadsheet published indicated no change. For instance, logans loonies has gone from AUD 24.99 to 30.99. Quite a big jump - could you please clarify why this is so?

Likely an Apple adjustment. We set pricing tiers and Apple makes adjustments.