Upcoming Price Adjustments

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings everyone,

We wanted to give you advance notice that some price adjustments are coming in the near future. While players based in the US will not see any changes, players in other parts of the world may notice changes as adjustments are made to ensure regional and worldwide price alignments between iOS, Android and Steam.

You can see all of the upcoming changes by accessing THIS SPREADSHEET.

The plan is for the new prices to start going into effect approximately 7 to 10 days from today.

Thank you.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like time for a HP sale!
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I was excited by the subject line...then saw you aren't lowering US rates. Seriously sell more and get new people to open wallets when iso is actually reasonable. It costs $110 to bring a 120 to 166...not reasonable. People might drop 5 bucks to quickly bring a character up, but not 100.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Better buy now if your in Canada on steam or android.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Up to 20% increase for Poland...
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    nwman wrote:
    I've been buying on Android (and primarily playing on iOS) for months now because of the $99 vs $119 price difference. I've saved at least a whole Stark this way if not two. That said, a 20% price increase isn't going to make me want to spend more. Maybe if they increased the amount of HP given by 25%+ I'd spend more.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    nwman wrote:
    I've been buying on Android (and primarily playing on iOS) for months now because of the $99 vs $119 price difference. I've saved at least a whole Stark this way if not two. That said, a 20% price increase isn't going to make me want to spend more. Maybe if they increased the amount of HP given by 25%+ I'd spend more.

Thats even better than going down to costco and getting the iTunes $100 for $89.99
  • So the Nick Fury steam bundle costs $99 in the US.

Costs 599,999 in Indonesia.

Currency conversion rate is 1 US Dollar equals 13523.50 Indonesian Rupiah.

599,999 / 13523.50 = $44.36, so it costs you less in US dollars if you were to buy using Indonesian Rupiah, could buy 2x.

I am definitely not an accounting major so I could be wrong on this...
  • sagapo wrote:
    So the Nick Fury steam bundle costs $99 in the US.

Costs 599,999 in Indonesia.

Currency conversion rate is 1 US Dollar equals 13523.50 Indonesian Rupiah.

599,999 / 13523.50 = $44.36, so it costs you less in US dollars if you were to buy using Indonesian Rupiah, could buy 2x.

I am definitely not an accounting major so I could be wrong on this...

That's the old price. The new price is twice that. And still 11 dollars cheaper than American.

I'm glad I didn't have any money invested in rupiah, though. I mean, unless I really wanted to buy some MPQ credits. Now's the time.

(I am an accounting major)
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    WHY U NERF CURRENCY D3
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    $20 more for the same product? Check my sale history, same username as forum name. You lost a good customer.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Deadsider wrote:
    $20 more for the same product? Check my sale history, same username as forum name. You lost a good customer.
    It's simply a case of keeping everything in parity. Apple updates their pricing tiers and automatically implements them. So we have to then react on the other platforms to keep them even. I'm sorry that it has negatively affected your purchasing rates, but in order to keep everything on an even keel across all platforms, these updates are something that just need to be done.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Deadsider wrote:
    Some will quit, others will go free to play, and yet others will just adjust to the new pricing model.

That said I am VERY disappointed in how D3 is not taking advantage of all this pricing related work to finally adjust ISO values.

As a vet, I can effectively 'earn' $100.00 in ISO a week playing this game now. That same amount of effort might 'earn' me $10.00 in HP. It just doesn't add up.

The fact that these ISO values haven't adjusted with the times is even worse. They clearly reflect the early stages of this game where 3* tier was barely established. Now the game has shifted to a 4* tier focus, players probably earn ISO at twice the rate as then and yet the store doesn't change with the times.

Full Disclosure: Bought a Stark Salary today before the prices rise in my region. Well played D3....well played. icon_razz.gif
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Might want to have an ingame popup, not everyone reads these forums
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Sounds like time for a HP sale!

I second that - I don't think there's been a sale this whole year!

C'mon D3..Go..give us a sale!
  • Deadsider
    Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
    IceIX wrote:
    Deadsider wrote:
    It's simply a case of keeping everything in parity. Apple updates their pricing tiers and automatically implements them. So we have to then react on the other platforms to keep them even. I'm sorry that it has negatively affected your purchasing rates, but in order to keep everything on an even keel across all platforms, these updates are something that just need to be done.

I understand the reasoning, but I don't multiplatform this game. I see the price in the store to me and me alone, and its a $20 jump for the same product. If in this customers view, this is the only way I play or have available to me, I see a large rate hike and get zero in return. Do what you have to, but you will not see that kind of money without at least $20 more product in return.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I always thought I was just paying currency converted prices because I would look at the total and see that it was higher. Turns out it was higher because of sales taxes and not because of currency conversion. Huh, so I guess I learned something today.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Someone needs to proofread these things, so as to not subliminally tell people to Drop Dead (for 1200 ISO, even). icon_twisted.gif
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    No change for my region either, but after reading the responses, apparently that means I lucked out.

Actually, Blizzard lucked out, since the money I was going to spend on MPQ got diverted to Hearthstone instead. I "Pre-Ordered" the 50 booster bundle for the new expansion, so I'm guaranteed to be getting shiny new things. What's more, even if I get too many extras of the common cards, Hearthstone will let me break those down and craft the cards I do want. I just feel that there's a much more tangible value there.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Deadsider wrote:

Couldn't you perhaps drop the price on Apple instead? You must have some say on what you charge before Apple add their 97% fee for letting you sell things in their iStore, or whatever it's called.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, UK Android users are really getting the stiff one. A Stark Salary after conversion will cost nearly $124 US.