Options

Comments

• I can't get his purple cover to drop for me icon_e_sad.gif

It's breaking my heart.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    The only reason you can't use Goddess Thor and Odinson Thor at the same time is that there's only one (real) Mjolnir.
    If you guys ever get around to adding Beta Ray Bill, I hope you give him a power set that makes Thor/Ragnarok/Beta Ray Bill an interesting combo. Also, there should be a "Stop! Hammer Time!" easter egg if you use their powers in the right order.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    I can't get his purple cover to drop for me icon_e_sad.gif
    It's breaking my heart.

Do you do the Facebook reward share thing? I've received several purple covers for our new web shooter through friend "reinforcements" (and only purple, oddly enough). If you're on mobile it might be worth giving it a shot.
  • Had one drop over the weekend and shared it. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Im not really super impressed so far, but he needs levels and more covers.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bpcontra wrote:
    X
    Brochacho wrote:
    did anyone post about venom's instant kill? now THERE's a BoP team. Spidey and Venom. get 6 web tiles on the board....then 12 black AP for venom and boom: somebody dead

Exactly! That was my first thought too

It could be a fun/stupid way to take out the 395 Hulk in his PVE event. Maybe Daken/Spiderman/Venom, with Daken being there solely to take damage for the 1*'s. A 5/4 venom would even give two cheap, web-tile-producing stuns, to boot, at least as long as you're only worried about stunning a single character. Why, yes, I have probably put too much thought into this...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Have a 525 spidey and been running him/1*Venom(5/5) (both lvl1) and some lvl94 tank (Ares or Thor) in DDQ: Under the sea.

Spamming Spidey purple is awesome but keeping webtiles on the board long enough for devour is difficult with all the fireworks going off. Need more blue covers to make it easier.
  • Yeah Im pretty sure Spidey 3/5/5 and Venom 5/4 is the key point to getting off the one hit combo. That keeps venom's tile generator cost down, and reduces the cost on Spidey's Blue as well to spam out more web tiles, the purple is risky, but with this you'd just use the Venom purple anyway.

Use red when available. I still haven't gotten the combo working myself yet, but part of that is levels, and my spidey is currently 5/1/2 and venom is 5/5 icon_e_sad.gif
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is he worth keeping? I have IM35 (max cover/level), Storm (max cover/level), and Juggs (max cover/level 15). Don't really want to spend HP for a 71st slot for a 1*, but I could always delete of the others and keep 1* Spiderman. Any input?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You have 70 slots and still have Ironman and Storm??? I personally don't see a reason to keep 1* Spiderman if you're this far along, but if you wanted you could replace Ironman or Storm with him. 900hp to slot him is not worth imo.
  • Adrock1020
    Adrock1020 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I was contemplating the same thing until I noticed in today's 1* DDQ node I was unable to use Spider-Man at all. The other team had Bag-man, which unfortunately makes it so you can't use 1* Spider-Man. Thankfully I hadn't sold my Juggernaut like I was planning to do. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to do the node at all. So to answer your question: no...do not keep Spider-Man as your only 1*.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    he's better than 3* icon_spiderman.png
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    I like him and he would be unarguably better than 3* spidey if he were also 3*s. Aside from Juggarnaut, he's easily the best 1* character. I can't wait to use him in the balance of power versus.
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Options
    I got rid of my IM35 to roster him. Chiefly cuz I wanna use him at the next Balance of Power. I kept Storm over IM35 cuz she's great in that too plus she's a great tu to send to allies. Should I ever want IM35 back it would take less than a week to have him fully covered again. Keep Juggs regardless. He can solo DDQs first node if need be.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Yeah Im pretty sure Spidey 3/5/5 and Venom 5/4 is the key point to getting off the one hit combo. That keeps venom's tile generator cost down, and reduces the cost on Spidey's Blue as well to spam out more web tiles, the purple is risky, but with this you'd just use the Venom purple anyway.

Use red when available. I still haven't gotten the combo working myself yet, but part of that is levels, and my spidey is currently 5/1/2 and venom is 5/5 icon_e_sad.gif

I was screwing around and pulled it off a few times in the prologue fight against Ragnarok using 1* Spider Man (50-5/5/3), Venom (35-5/4) and 1* Storm (50-5/3/5). It wasn't too terribly difficult, although a single good cascade for Ragnarok can wipe you out. Storm is only there to generate AP and make sure Venom doesn't tank any colors until someone else dies. I had 5 red on Spidey solely due to a windfall of covers--the actual difference in damage is irrelevant here, although against a team of three opponents it could be more important, as the devour combo would be probably too difficult to pull off three times against a team you wouldn't mop the floor with anyway using a better 1* team, like mStorm plus any two of IM35/mBW/Spidey. I think the combo will always be more fun than actually good.
  • im so unused to this.....I have 13 covers and am looking at a 14th, normally it takes months to cover a characters....
    3/5/5 makes most sense i guess

*breaks down into sobbing*
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm keeping mine, but I also got a roster spot especially for him.

Now if only I'd stop pulling his red. I've pulled something like 22 Spidey (1) tokens.

He has 2 covers in blue and 3 in purple.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled two more reds as I was typing that.
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    Options
    Oddly enough, I have only pulled 5 Spiderman tokens thus far, but he is a pretty awesome character who has a slot on my roster just for fun.

He's obviously severely limited as a 1* character, but he will be awesome in balance of power. He will also likely be moderately boosted in certain events, maybe much the same way Juggs is from time to time. This won't mean much to well advanced players, but it could mean a lot to 2* and 2*-3* transitioners.

There may also be a usefulness in having him as a background support character. As long as you are not facing enemies that do AOE damage, he will very silently sit in the back of a team created crit tiles and stunning enemies.

He's one of the better character designs that has been released lately. Shame that he's not a re-tool of his 3* character, but you know, whatever.
  • DFiPL wrote:

Now if only I'd stop pulling his red. I've pulled something like 22 Spidey (1) tokens.

Well give me your reds, cause I keep pulling his purple. Not a single red yet!!! and I have his blue and purple maxed already! icon_e_sad.gif I was wondering if it was even possible to get his red as I've seen nothing but purples upon purples for him!
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:

Well give me your reds, cause I keep pulling his purple. Not a single red yet!!! and I have his blue and purple maxed already! icon_e_sad.gif I was wondering if it was even possible to get his red as I've seen nothing but purples upon purples for him!

Hang in there, they come in spurts usually.
    Had enough tokens recently to fully cover a spare if needed so just luck of the draw.
    He's a 1* so your back luck can't last forever..... or can it.