Skip Tax - There Shouldn't Be One (Right Now)

Options

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    Marquoz wrote:
    No, I'll let it slide in hopes that your efforts are better spent elsewhere. Here's my number 1 concern, as I've said in another thread. The change to boosts is fine, and the apology for not communicating it and the rationale in advance is appreciated. HOWEVER, the last 2 PVE events have been impossible because the huge number of super high leveled enemies cannot be beaten without the same boosts that you're trying to reduce. You can't have it both ways. If boosts are being made more expensive, there have to be fewer missions with maxed out enemies. Not zero, but far less. Otherwise, the fun is gone.
    Agreed, and the last two PVE events have definitely been substandard. We've put changes into play in the Heroic event to fix things up a bit, but it's unfortunately not something we can do retroactively without an actual reset. And given that a number of players are able to progress at a decent rate it'd be unfair to a portion of our player-base to do so. What we can do is use the improved methods in the next PVE events and look into a re-run of Heroic Chapter 4 with a better start.

Alright, that's fair. I'll evaluate that better start when I see it. I hope it's very much improved. My play time over the past week is way, way down, and I've sworn not to spend more money on the game unless it gets better. I'm not a whale, but I've happily shelled out about as much for HP as I would have on a AAA console title. That's done unless the fun returns.
  • Any plan to inject more ISO in the game in general?
    Since maybe the first week I started, the limiting factor for levelling my chars has ALWAYS been ISO and never the covers.
    It should probably be the other way around? Also not helping us to try diffent playstiles, because you have to choose between power and variety in a really harsh way.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    Any plan to inject more ISO in the game in general?
    Paraphrased from another thread from me:
    IceIX wrote:
    PVP has stayed on course since launch with a PVP event running constantly for a source of 70/140 Iso battles. SHIELD Training has always existed for the same. Lightning Rounds are also a great source of weekly Iso. None of those have changed in their forms. We've also been rolling out PVE Events at an increased rate compared to a couple months back which all have the same Iso rewards (100/200 per first time mission completion, 100/500/Standard Token rewards). Our users are gaining more Iso per capita than they were this time last month, much less this time October.
  • Forge wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    As for where I've been all day, I've been in project planning/release meetings. Good stuff out of them in general, so time decently well spent (if meetings can ever be called good uses of time).
    Ever tempted to play MPQ under the table during a meeting? icon_e_wink.gif

Probably not recently, it's not "working as intended" ATM.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    PVP has stayed on course since launch with a PVP event running constantly for a source of 70/140 Iso battles. SHIELD Training has always existed for the same. Lightning Rounds are also a great source of weekly Iso. None of those have changed in their forms. We've also been rolling out PVE Events at an increased rate compared to a couple months back which all have the same Iso rewards (100/200 per first time mission completion, 100/500/Standard Token rewards). Our users are gaining more Iso per capita than they were this time last month, much less this time October.

Maybe you guys should change the 4 rotating rewards to include a boost against the current PvE content, not just the standard H.A.M.M.E.R. +20% damage boost. This current PvE would do well with a +20% Dark Avengers boost. My H.A.M.M.E.R. stockpile is full as i'm sure others are as well. Any thoughts?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Maybe you guys should change the 4 rotating rewards to include a boost against the current PvE content, not just the standard H.A.M.M.E.R. +20% damage boost. This current PvE would do well with a +20% Dark Avengers boost. My H.A.M.M.E.R. stockpile is full as i'm sure others are as well. Any thoughts?
    Tell me about it, I'm perpetually at 10. I'll bring it up just in case it's not in the event designers' minds, although I'm pretty sure it is.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2014
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

I feel like a big contribution to feeling like we're iso starved are because of how unfarmable the last two events were. I think the big issue that I'm facing is that there isn't really any incentive to grind missions beyond progression points (which may or may not be worth it) once you've exhausted the 4 rewards that you can get from missions (specifically the 500 iso reward). The missions in TaT's main event and Heroic Oscorp never reset, so I could never farm them for more iso, nor did I want to grind the missions over and over again. There needs to be more rewards for repeatedly grinding the same missions for days: either reset the rewards daily or just scrap main event missions until the final day and stick to subevents.
  • Regarding the increased ISO needs:

I'm all in favour of the Thorverine nerfs. I thought they were needed and carried out well (Wolverine's healing factor could've been restricted to >50% hp OR when you match yellow instead of both, but whatever, it's ok). But before this, Thor was tank of choice, it was a no-brainer. Since his nerf, Cap is starting to look better. Y'know, maybe on a certain fight I want the extra damage mitigation he can bring me, instead of the extra damage I'd get out of Thor. But I can't level Cap and keep Thor and level the guys I need for Lightning Rounds, for Patch tournies, and for special events.

It's always a choice which characters I level and which I don't, and that's great. But the Thorverine nerf has thrown one more option in, at a time when events are impossible, Shield training is useless and matches are longer. And if, as IceIX says, current PvE is an aberration that is having an unintended effect on our ISO gains...well...I can't do anything about that, but maybe you know someone who can?
  • It wouldn't make sense if you're not hurting for Iso 8, and if that was indeed the case people will just be saying 'how come every guy I fought is level 141' because that's what happens when nobody is hurting for Iso 8.

I think the mission rewards for the main brackets (Heroic Oscorp, TaT) should reset once every 3 days. If you do it every day you'll have people complaining that they got to do every missions 15 times a day to ensure they got all the rewards too, so might as well just save the trouble there.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It wouldn't make sense if you're not hurting for Iso 8, and if that was indeed the case people will just be saying 'how come every guy I fought is level 141' because that's what happens when nobody is hurting for Iso 8.

I think the mission rewards for the main brackets (Heroic Oscorp, TaT) should reset once every 3 days. If you do it every day you'll have people complaining that they got to do every missions 15 times a day to ensure they got all the rewards too, so might as well just save the trouble there.

When levels mean everything, it's going to be a point of contention when you can't level up. That being said, there is still no reason to NOT put in your fully leveled covers, and honestly, if you do much to the contrary, you've got a bad strategy. If everyone had all maxed out covers, it would be the same as nobody having maxed out covers, as everyone would be "equal" and diversity would be nonexistant. Why put in Hawkeye ever, when you have 4* and 3* maxed covers?
  • Skip tax sometimes creeps back into my game and then disappears after 1 match. very weird.
  • IceIX
    Options
    pulis wrote:
    Skip tax sometimes creeps back into my game and then disappears after 1 match. very weird.
    Definitely weird. One person in-house has seen it as well, the rest of us can't replicate it. Doesn't mean we won't track it down, but it's being stubborn.
  • Ice! You're here! Now, stop shooting us up with your rhetoric and acknowledging the most insignificant problems and tell us how you're fixing the problem. Oh, some people are receiving a glitch where the iso tax is already released. I call ****. How does something like that slip on unintentionally? That has to be programmed in because its completely new. And even if this was possible, how about telling us what you're doing right now to fix your broken pvp and pve, instead of ONLY answering complaints about losses of small amounts of iso
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SO mr IX, do you have an explanation as to why I'm seeing level 67~100+ level enemies in my fight pool when my highest level character of the ones you people allowed me to use is a whopping level 40 2*? I understand it must be hard to get to such "lowly" mid-levelers with all the boohooing of hi levelers and their 230 woes.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Ice! You're here! Now, stop shooting us up with your rhetoric and acknowledging the most insignificant problems and tell us how you're fixing the problem. Oh, some people are receiving a glitch where the iso tax is already released. I call ****. How does something like that slip on unintentionally? That has to be programmed in because its completely new. And even if this was possible, how about telling us what you're doing right now to fix your broken pvp and pve, instead of ONLY answering complaints about losses of small amounts of iso
    The Skip Tax was a part of R47, and was intended to be that way, which we pulled back due to user feedback. It's manually disabled in all Tournaments. Somehow it is appearing for some users. We will track down this bug and fix it. As for claims of broken PVP and PVE, I've commented in other threads on other issues. This topic is about the Skip Tax, so I am talking about that here.
  • IceIX
    Options
    SO mr IX, do you have an explanation as to why I'm seeing level 67~100+ level enemies in my fight pool when my highest level character of the ones you people allowed me to use is a whopping level 40 2*? I understand it must be hard to get to such "lowly" mid-levelers with all the boohooing of hi levelers and their 230 woes.
    Quite possible that you were hit with the same scaling issue we identified for other users that are seeing the 230s, just that it's somewhat equivalent for your situation. It's also possible that you rocked the snot out of other PVE matches and are being placed against those enemies because of that.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Typhon13 wrote:
    Ice! You're here! Now, stop shooting us up with your rhetoric and acknowledging the most insignificant problems and tell us how you're fixing the problem. Oh, some people are receiving a glitch where the iso tax is already released. I call ****. How does something like that slip on unintentionally? That has to be programmed in because its completely new. And even if this was possible, how about telling us what you're doing right now to fix your broken pvp and pve, instead of ONLY answering complaints about losses of small amounts of iso
    The Skip Tax was a part of R47, and was intended to be that way, which we pulled back due to user feedback. It's manually disabled in all Tournaments. Somehow it is appearing for some users. We will track down this bug and fix it. As for claims of broken PVP and PVE, I've commented in other threads on other issues. This topic is about the Skip Tax, so I am talking about that here.
    Ok, link me to where you said it was part of r47 and to HOW you said you are going to fix the events. It took a couple of days to ruin the game. There has to be something done in that amount of time to put it back. And how can you even think about charging us to skip, especially while matchmaking is so bad.
  • Phantron wrote:
    It wouldn't make sense if you're not hurting for Iso 8, and if that was indeed the case people will just be saying 'how come every guy I fought is level 141' because that's what happens when nobody is hurting for Iso 8.

When levels mean everything, it's going to be a point of contention when you can't level up. That being said, there is still no reason to NOT put in your fully leveled covers, and honestly, if you do much to the contrary, you've got a bad strategy. If everyone had all maxed out covers, it would be the same as nobody having maxed out covers, as everyone would be "equal" and diversity would be nonexistant. Why put in Hawkeye ever, when you have 4* and 3* maxed covers?

Putting all your iso8 into anyone besides Magneto and Spiderman (which has its own risk) is definitely a very bad strategy. If your covers are maxed, 2 level 100 heroes in general is a lot more useful than a single level 141 hero and probably costs less too. The way the game works now is definitely more matchup based. Unless your team is Magneto/Spiderman/whoever you definitely want to rotate guys around for certain matchups. For example fighting Hulk is not the same as fighting Patch, and fighting both of them at the same time requires yet another different team to deal with them effectively.

As an example, Patch, who is likely to remain top tier in the foreseeable future, matches up very poorly on defense against Thor, and you don't even need levels on Thor. All you need is a level 5 Thunder Strike which will almost certainly completely wipe away all his strike tiles and put the game away for 12y.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Typhon13 wrote:

I really don't understand why you couldn't have communicated this and the info released today earlier. I am glad you finally did but you could have avoided a whole lot of aggravation by communicating earlier.
  • Oh, so instead of answering our arguments Ice locks a different thread about the iso tax. Oh I don't have to listen or respond to your arguments, despite the fact that they are totally valid and they are being made by the paying customers that ensure i get a pay check, because I can stop you from making them!