4* Deadpool Announced

13»

Comments

• Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    I wouldn't mind these star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png releases if the said event allows us to earn them through progression as well as placement to speed up no. of covers.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I'm not bothered by the rate of 4* releases. I'm quite excited by the new Deadpool, and I'm digging Jean Grey too. If anything, my disappointment stems from the fact that it's going to be ages before I have either playable (since I've used my magical PvE newbie bracket card already for Thing's release icon_lol.gif )

I'm actually liking where we're at with the 4*s at the moment, where we're early enough in the fleshing out of the 4* roster that most people will only have some of them covered. That means we're going to see a really nice variety of the 4*s paired up at high scores in PvP, which makes for fun matches.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Okay, seriously, I'm fine with 4*s being the new normal but you have to start treating them like the new normal in prizes as well as releases. 3*s are workhorses now. They're not the big prize. DDQ and the PvP point spike and expanded token odds have all seen to that. So expand them past the top 2% on placement awards, and start giving them out for PvE progression too. That's the only possible way we're going to be able to keep up with this pace.

(Oh yeah, the character. He looks good! Fun abilities. I hope I'll be able to get him to a usable level at some point in my life.)

Exactly my thought. Considering progression rewards atm can be obtained quite "easily" so adding more layers & having a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png as the final reward would be more pleasant than those who just missed the cut off from placement.
  • Yay another 4* that'll take me months to build and another 360K ISO I need. They really need to find a way to release more 4* covers and to either reduce the cost of maxing covers or allow us to earn more iso.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    The 4 star rate is good and bad, but it is meant to slow down the collection of covers. It has only been a day after Jean was awarded and I already have seen her completely covered and maxed. How is anyone supposed to be able to carve out a slice of the pie if they have to compete with those levels? Boosting is okay, but not the real solution. I wish I could come up with the real solution, but I can't at the moment.

Now, all that was said to say this...I will probably still play to earn my one Deadpool cover and just keep on moving with life. I am not a whale and I have other obligations so It may be next year before I get a four star fully covered. That's just covered though. It may take me even longer before I get a 4 star max leveled. So, I just deal with it and suck up my losses like I did in the 2 star transition. If you weren't here for the start of the game it's just going to be harder to catch up to the people who were (those that play actively). Enjoy life outside of your device and treat the game as a game. This isn't a job for anyone other than the developers. I do think that new brackets will have to be made to accommodate the different levels of players soon though. Have a good Friday evening everyone.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    udonomefoo wrote:
    morph3us wrote:

Also, just a wild guess, but it seems to me that this spate of 4* releases is paving the way for 4* tournaments or events.

I believe you're right, I've believed that for a while now. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to announce it as such?

"Hey everybody, we know that there have been a lot of 4* releases lately, and we have even more coming. Bear with us while we get the 4* pool of characters up to a level where we can have events specifically for them, we can't do it too soon or it will be too easy to cover max the existing 4* characters."

How hard is that?
    Borderline impossible.

This is yet another unfortunate case of companies keeping things unnecessarily tight-lipped for whatever corporate/marketing reasons. We see this all the time in the game industry and there are very few exceptions. The fact that they had to remove the speculation thread speak volumes on this subject. I don't personally agree with it but it's not my call.

As hardcore fans of MPQ we just have to ride the wave and figure out what's happening based on patches and game changes. Much like how people didn't understand why nerfs/buff became rampant for several months only to realize that it was paving the way to enforcing a balanced and diversed roster in PvE/PvP.

The signs now are CLEARLY reflecting a shift towards making 4* tier it's own thing rather than just a bonus on top of 3*'s.
    - expect 4* new character relases to be at the frequency of the old 3*
    - expect 3* new character releases to be at the frequency of the old 2*
    - expect 4* focused events to see the light of day (we've already see it start in PvE but probably LR's and PvP season events
    - expect minor changes to the flow of ISO to partially help with leveling costs (we've already seen a significant increase in the flow of 4* covers through events, vault, shield sim and the like)
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I totally agree with Babinro. We're looking at the new norm and we will just have to adjust. That doesn't mean everything is okay, but it does seem to be the way it's going to be. I'll just add my voice to the chorus crying for more avenues to gain both 4* covers, more Iso to level these monsters, and diversity to events so that those of us without full-on 4* lineups won't have to fight with those that do.
  • babinro wrote:
    The signs now are CLEARLY reflecting a shift towards making 4* tier it's own thing rather than just a bonus on top of 3*'s.
    - expect 4* new character relases to be at the frequency of the old 3*
    - expect 3* new character releases to be at the frequency of the old 2*
    - expect 4* focused events to see the light of day (we've already see it start in PvE but probably LR's and PvP season events
    - expect minor changes to the flow of ISO to partially help with leveling costs (we've already seen a significant increase in the flow of 4* covers through events, vault, shield sim and the like)
    When can we expect real content as opposed to rehashed "PvE" grinding ad nauseum for 1/5 of a character we won't be able to fully utilize until 2017?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Never? lol

Bi-Yearly, more than likely.
  • XFDP looks interesting. Will using him accrue Deadpool points tho? They did say he's leaving his whales at *ahem* home...

If pairing him with XFW (XF Wolverine), I would actually use Purple into Green not into Black. Bring back the 8 green AP mega death for a 5 cover XFW. Purple into black is just overkill in almost all situations.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Deadpool XForce looks cool and all, but really? Another 4 star so soon? You're going to burn out your players.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    That'd be a nice bait and switch, since Deadpool's event starts the day of the F4 movie.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surprised no one has thought of this yet but maybe they're releasing a 4* DP because he's going to have his own DDQ that will reward 4*s!
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    1) yay more Deadpool icon_e_smile.gif

2) why does he still not have a gun power??????

3) WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO WIN 4*s EASIER!

Plug) add in a system where we get 1 hp reward for each different character used the previous day
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Plug) add in a system where we get 1 hp reward for each different character used the previous day
    that's an idea I could get behind, but could easily be exploited in prologue - for 65 hp/day, you bet I'm taking every dang one to an early node to check the box. if they also did a 10iso bonus/character that'd be nice too, but the hp would dang near end hp purchases from most all except the biggest of whales.