4* Deadpool Announced

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
http://marvel.com/news/video_games/24951/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_deadpool_uncanny_x-force

announcement made.

And it looks like Deadpool VS MPQ starting 08/6 for the release event.

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!! leave on vacation the 7th. that bites. got a feeling he'll be good. oh well.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    His purple with Surgical strike behind it will do ~13830 for the first 6 tiles and the 781 per for the rest. So Purple/Black combo that basically kills anyone.
  • Malcrof
    His purple with Surgical strike behind it will do ~13830 for the first 6 tiles and the 781 per for the rest. So Purple/Black combo that basically kills anyone.

AND we get to find out which is the strongest color without guessing!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    icon_cry.gif Another 4*. Seriously?

Unless he comes with 4* getting put in DDQ or overhauling PvE rewards, I don't care. This is a game, not the 80 hour per week job required to get 4*s now.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I guess that makes up for Deadpool not having his whales! How many days does DP vs MPQ run again? I PRAY it's not seven!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    How will they attract new players when there's zero chance they can ever catch up
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    rawfsu wrote:
    Well, I guess that makes up for Deadpool not having his whales! How many days does DP vs MPQ run again? I PRAY it's not seven!

4 days, two 48 hr subs, I believe.
  • As fun/powerful as the character may be...seriously?

They are gonna have to make a DDQ for 4*s, like Antman (not requiring already having a cover) even if it is just one cover per week, or two weeks.

And not to mention improvements to ISO gains...right, mister RNG 20 ISO?

I can totally understand the sense of progression in the game, but one thing is progressing overnight, another thing is progressing "overyears".
    Especially when they expect us to play the same events and enemies over and over for months/years, only for the chance to use a character we like, maybe one year later. Maybe.

I don't think even vanilla WoW was like this.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Horray, another 4*! So you can try to get a couple by grinding the event or go in last day and get one.

Of course, you have to buy the rest - you'll get him covered approximately May 2018.

Also: once again, "announced" not here apparently? I'm sure we'll get an official link eventually - would be nice if we get an official "3*'s will never be released again".....
  • Malcrof
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Horray, another 4*! So you can try to get a couple by grinding the event or go in last day and get one.

Of course, you have to buy the rest - you'll get him covered approximately May 2018.

Also: once again, "announced" not here apparently? I'm sure we'll get an official link eventually - would be nice if we get an official "3*'s will never be released again".....

Actually, Marvel's site is about official as anything can get. I trust them over Fox News 200x over.

It would go, Marvel's Site, D3/Demiurge Site, Marvel Forum, then here. We are already playing, they want to attract new players, and they are fully aware that anything that pops up, we will post here anyway.. so , yah, it would never be here first, unless it was a chance to the existing game.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im sure they will expand this to a 7 day event. I dont think they EVER gave away a 4 star in less then 7 day event - the rerun of carnage.

they are just killing the game

4 star every 2 weeks .... Sorry but that is something i have no interest in keeping up with.

BRING BACK ULTRON FOR 4 STARS

What it took me min to get Jean

1 hour at start of event
    Might log back on for 30 mins (130)
    2 to 3 hour of grinding at end 4 to 5 hours x 7

that is 28 to 35 hours just to get a 4 star

yes if i was a newbie and needed the ISO or HP maybe but its no longer worth it when you have 500,000 ISO and 7000 HP and nothing to use the on
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Countdown for what"? more like "I played for what?". This rapid release of powerful 4* characters really makes me question why I spent the last year playing hard to max cover a solid 3* roster.

"Pay hard for what"
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    So thats what we must expect now? 7 days pve every 2 weeks for 4 covers? 28h (4h each day) to stay competitive? Mpq is becoming my full time job as i must keep scheduling around this game.. Once every 2 months was sustainable.. Not every 2 weeks.. Where is the smooth transition they announced? They have to launch 4* pvp now to let us another chance to get covers..
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same Deadpool roster-pose makes me sad!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Im sure they will expand this to a 7 day event. I dont think they EVER gave away a 4 star in less then 7 day event - the rerun of carnage.

4 star every 2 weeks .... Sorry but that is something i have no interest in keeping up with.

BRING BACK ULTRON FOR 4 STARS

What it took me min to get Jean

1 hour at start of event
    Might log back on for 30 mins (130)
    2 to 3 hour of grinding at end 4 to 5 hours x 7

that is 28 to 35 hours just to get a 4 star

yes if i was a newbie and needed the ISO or HP maybe but its no longer worth it when you have 500,000 ISO and 7000 HP and nothing to use the on
    Thing was a 4 day event
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Thing's PvE release event was 4 days. I don't expect them to lengthen DPvsMPQ to seven days for this release.

Also, just a wild guess, but it seems to me that this spate of 4* releases is paving the way for 4* tournaments or events.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:

Forumites have been saying that practically since day one.

And here we are.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like everything about this except that he's yet another 4* coming out not even two weeks after Jean.

Good work on the design, guys, but seriously. Lay off!
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    This is utter b***s***.

I love this game but the constant releasing of characters is ridiculous. i spend nearly 1k in hp just for a roster spot at this point, as I'm sure most vets do. Probably not an issue for a handful of people but those with developing characters who want to stay competitive... well it can be a lot if you're not paying a crazy amount monthly. As echoed in previous posts, I feel like this is becoming my job. I schedule other stuff around this game and a game shouldn't ever do that.

And if they lengthen the normal 4 day event to 7 days, forget about it.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:

Also, just a wild guess, but it seems to me that this spate of 4* releases is paving the way for 4* tournaments or events.

I believe you're right, I've believed that for a while now. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to announce it as such?

"Hey everybody, we know that there have been a lot of 4* releases lately, and we have even more coming. Bear with us while we get the 4* pool of characters up to a level where we can have events specifically for them, we can't do it too soon or it will be too easy to cover max the existing 4* characters."

How hard is that?