Iron Fist Purple - Really RNG?

Options
notamutant
notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously, top 5 pvp for Iron Fist purple. Getting seriously fisted by D3 here with the supposed RNG. They need to fix this before it starts. Has there ever been a time purple was reasonably attainable?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    Options
    IF has only been awarded twice, his PVE introduction and his PVP introduction

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=24346
    purpleflag.png
    blackflag.png
    greenflag.png

March 3

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=24783
    purpleflag.png
    greenflag.png
    blackflag.png
    March 4
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The cake is a lie! icon_e_wink.gif
  • notamutant
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    IF has only been awarded twice, his PVE introduction and his PVP introduction

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=24346
    purpleflag.png
    greenflag.png
    blackflag.png
    March 3

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=20&t=24783
    purpleflag.png
    greenflag.png
    blackflag.png
    March 4

Thanks for gathering that together. Pretty damning evidence that D3 is not releasing one of the most powerful 3 stars with his best covers to make people pay for them.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Iron Fist has 4 covers in purpleflag.png and only one of those came from DDQ.

The rest came from tokens, I believe.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, so only two PVPs have rewarded him in the whole history of the character. How many Storm and Captain Marvels have been rewarded in the interim, I wonder. My Iron Fist has 4 purple covers and I bought 2.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've absolutely had it with this RNG nonsense and so has everyone else.

Fix this D3!
  • notamutant
    Options
    My IF has 4 green, 2 purple, and 5 black. I must've thrown away at least 3 blacks by now. IF purple, Black Panther black, and Bullseye black and purple are only 3 star covers I don't have yet at full.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rng is just stupid. Once I got his purple to 5, I just kept getting all the colours of his covers until I gave in and started a new IF. He's up to 1/3/1 now.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Strange, my IF's been ideally covered for a while, and I never bought a cover for him. Purple's must have come from tokens.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm another person stuck with only 2 purpleflag.png on my Iron Fist. It does seem unlikely for the cover awards to be the same order 3 events in a row; the chance would be only 1 in 216.

Still, the complaints here seem pretty pointless. First, they're not going to change the cover rewards. Second, whether or not the covers are RNG is irrelevant. If they are RNG, well then it's just bad luck. If they aren't RNG, well then it seems perfectly reasonable to me that they might award them in a way that drives revenue.

I'm just going to hope I get a cover from the event tokens. My Iron Fist is 5/2/5, so I don't even need to worry about placing! Maybe the purpleflag.png will be the 800 progression reward in the next event. And there's always August 19th in DDQ (I may have marked that on my calendar).
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mjh wrote:
    I've absolutely had it with this RNG nonsense and so has everyone else.

Fix this D3!

You have every thumb at my disposal up!
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Black was rare for me from pulls we all know that's random, but the last 2 covers I bought have been the pvp awards so at least that's working.

icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks Thor and if for keeping it real.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Eh. I'm not even mad. So I have to place top 5 for the pvp and get at least 800 for IFs pvp. No worries.

P.s. It hasn't been 3 events in a row with the same rewards. The black and green switched between events.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually bought an Iron Fist purple cover not too long ago since my Fist was 4/3/5 and I have sold some blacks. I don't particularly want to push for top 5 in Unholy Outlaw though, so I hope purple will be the progression in the Fist PvP.
    By the way... Fist and Cage are both boosted for that, and She-Hulk makes a full color rainbow. Could be a bit of a slog...
  • Unknown
    Options
    325 IF here. T25 is doable but T5 is a bit too much for me. They better make purple as 800 score reward on his own event.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I managed to get a 535 IF somehow, all via tokens, rewards, etc. I originally wanted 355, but after playing w/ 5 green I think I'll stay w/ 3 purple. While it's true that 5 pink spams out more blacks, I like the offensive kick (literally) from 5 green---more direct damage plus higher value strike tiles to go w/ the passive 5 black.

After using if/cage combo in the past 2 pves, I've come to appreciate their ying-yang synergy.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Might just be confirmation bias but I agree the RNG doesn't seem all that random.

Sorry to move the convo away from IF but two characters I have considered higher tier, Cyclops and KK are both sitting at 552 with 0 covers bought for hp. It can't be coincidence both of their most powerful and arguably best attacks are so much more scarce than the others. I have obtained 7 yellow KK covers since I got my last green.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sullstar wrote:
    Might just be confirmation bias but I agree the RNG doesn't seem all that random.

Sorry to move the convo away from IF but two characters I have considered higher tier, Cyclops and KK are both sitting at 552 with 0 covers bought for hp. It can't be coincidence both of their most powerful and arguably best attacks are so much more scarce than the others. I have obtained 7 yellow KK covers since I got my last green.
    I'm not 100% sure but I think green was her most distributed colors. I've managed to get 405 before I finally got a purple, which is now sitting at 3.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm sorry. This came up as soon as I said I hope that Purple is Top 5. I'm at 4 purple so I only need the one. You can blame me.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On the other hand, this is the second time in a row Hood's been given out with double blue. So at least that's happening.