MPQ Community Video - July, 2015

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello everyone! How goes your summer?

If you've got a few minutes to spare while out chasing butterflies and, um, playing Marvel Puzzle Quest on the subway - we've got a new Community Video ready for your viewing pleasure.

In the developer discussion below, Demiurge's Kabir Hemrajani, Casey Malone and Miles Benjamin discuss a variety of topics including; 20 Iso Rewards, one-button leveling, *4-Star release Events/Ant-Man, the possibility of new PVE stories, mechanics of The Vault, Hero Points and more.

MPQ_Demiurge_July_Community_Video_2015.JPG

As always, we hope you find the chat informative and we welcome your feedback!

You can access the video RIGHT HERE.

Thanks for watching!

Comments

• Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    Single push leveling. GkHkVKq.gif?1GkHkVKq.gif?1GkHkVKq.gif?1GkHkVKq.gif?1GkHkVKq.gif?1GkHkVKq.gif?1
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yeah... you guys basically answered nothing.
    we want to get to that but...
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

that's kind of how i took this one too, it's great they acknowledge some of the issues, but telling us it's on the queue, or moving up the queue doesn't excite me that it'll ever make it to the actively working list.

also disappointed to not hear anything, even an acknowledgement, about UI design changes, wasn't that upvoted heavily?
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They did answer one of the most asked questions on the forums. At 5:36 it's confirmed that PvE scaling is based on your roster. Most of us already knew that, but every now and then someone pulls that ridiculous thread back to life.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hopefully the 20 ISO nonsense really will be attended to quickly; I know day-to-day concerns and character design can take precedence but that would be a big quality of life improvement. Same with the "level up" button.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    I'm a bit disappointed in this Q&A, definitely felt more like a Question & Acknowledgement than a Question & Answer session. I like that you're thinking about these things, but it'd be nice to know about actual upcoming stuff in game to look forward to (especially now that the Spoiler Thread has gasped it's last breath).

Ah well, there's always August I guess, haha.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My 2 cents on The Vault: Independence Vault was awesome. You got 9 free pulls and 50 HP daily pulls if you wanted them of only 50 some odd things (can't remember the actual number, just that it was way less than 300). It spanned 3 different events and tied those together in a nice little celebratory manner. It was great.

Taco Vaults? Not exactly awesome. You are either A) using all 10 tokens you get every week and getting a 3.33% chance (10 in 300) at any particular reward which is most likely going to result in 2*s or Health Packs, or B) saving them up for THREE HUNDRED DAYS to completely empty the Taco Vault like a thief in the night. I understand that the 300 items exists to discourage exactly that, hoarding for 3 guarenteed 4*s, but still I think most of us are doing that. At least in my alliance they are. Taco Vaults definitely need looked at.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think he almost slipped and told us about a new char from the spider-verse coming soon...

To answer their question, what storylines?

Secret Wars / Battleworld

so many possibilites.. read the books, you can add 10 years worth of content from those.

Also, multiverse storylines... pit different versions of chars against their alternates. Xforce VS Patch, 3Thor vs Jane Foster etc..
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hate to say it:

I have no idea why they answered the question re: selling 3 and 4 star.png covers for coins. They removed that mechanic over a year ago. It used to be, in fact, that covers netted significant coin.

All they needed to say was, "we removed this. We found it was more viable to offer coins as a reward rather than a concession when your character is fully covered".
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Summary of the Q&A (to save yourself 12 minutes):
    "As people that play the game, we know the pain you're talking about. We want to do it, but we're doing something else right now. Go play Adventure Time Puzzle Quest."
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel like nothing was actually answered in this video.
    No talk about any form of interface problems. Nothing on PvE scoring problems. Nothing. Anything that was answered was done so cautiously. It was like they were avoiding the questions I felt.

And I know you guys play the game, but I don't understand to what extent anymore. I'm not trying to be rude (though I realise I probably am, and I apologise) but how can you honestly believe a one cover level 70 breaks the original story events. One covered 4*s are terrible. They can't do anything hah..

Idk man this Q&A lacked something. Probably actual answers but oh well.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    basically this. It's like you guys gave up and aren't even trying anymore.

Get. Stuff. Done.

Is this a game studio or a corporate enterprise that requires 5 meetings to get any project / task the green light? c'mon you guys
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I appreciate the effort and the quick turnaround on this months video, but as stated above, you didn't really answer much of anything. You talked about the 20 iso issue and basically said that while you want to fix it you don't know if you can/will. Um, ok.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I think most of the adding hero point questions would stop if you just got rid of the timer on covers in the reward pile. I'm pretty sure most players spend HP on roster slots and it's a drag having to scramble or sell covers just because they're about to run out. I understand it generates HP sales because some players will buy HP to add a roster slot for a cover before it runs out but is it worth it? You could just cap the amount of things you can have in the reward pile
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I have to admit this was a bit disappointing. In the last Q&A you had several concrete solutions to major issues in the game, but this time, as someone in my alliance nicely put it, it was more of a 'Questions and Acknowledgement.'

I think it was too broad to lump 4* releases, DDQ and Growth Indrustry together in one reply. We basically ended up with no new information about how the 4* transition will be handled in the future now that you are releasing a lot more of them.

Another major issue that hasn't been addressed is that the roster slot cap of 1000 HP is still perceived as too high (and rightly so).
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Come to the monthly video, where developers will read your questions. Answers? no way, we just like to read your questions.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cabol wrote:
    Summary of the Q&A (to save yourself 12 minutes):
    "As people that play the game, we know the pain you're talking about. We want to do it, but we're doing something else right now. Go play Adventure Time Puzzle Quest."

ATPQ is published by D3, not being developed by Demiurge. Those are Demiurge employees. They aren't working on ATPQ.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Yeah, I have to admit this was a bit disappointing. In the last Q&A you had several concrete solutions to major issues in the game, but this time, as someone in my alliance nicely put it, it was more of a 'Questions and Acknowledgement.'

To be fair Lex, I totally stole that from this guy.
    Scoregasms wrote:
    I'm a bit disappointed in this Q&A, definitely felt more like a Question & Acknowledgement than a Question & Answer session. I like that you're thinking about these things, but it'd be nice to know about actual upcoming stuff in game to look forward to (especially now that the Spoiler Thread has gasped it's last breath).

Ah well, there's always August I guess, haha.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I feel for the devs. They catch a lot of **** and people often request things that might be gaming breaking, but I'd rather they not say anything than pretend to say something. Feels like a waste of everyone's time.

On the upside, maybe some more Spidey characters. Though it'll probably be Spider-Gwen or Miles Morales, which isn't as exciting as Green Goblin or Eddie Brock Venom.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I respectfully ask that the devs please go back and answer more questions. This video was mostly a bust.