Does the stack contribute to grind burnout. Shorten it?

Options
13»

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    What you're not considering is, if it takes a **** roster 3-4 hours to grind everything down to 1, not everyone is going to be able to do that. So if you have a maxed roster and enough time, you can make up the speed disadvantage by grinding deeper than a lot of people. But if it only takes 90 minutes for a **** roster to clear the whole board, there's gonna be a TON of people who do that, and someone with a developed roster will have no chance to compete with that many people. You can't outclear them, and you can't go as fast.

I was considering the situation where you're applying equal effort, i.e both have the same amount of time available to clear.

Plus I've always assumed the ability to grind deep enough was always the underleveled's greatest advantage, for two reasons:

1) The devs absolutely look at time per match, so if the 2* rosters had that large a time advantage, personal scaling would've been adjusted. My 10 seconds example is what I would consider a worst case. Without evidence to the contrary, I don't think they'd have as much as 30-45 seconds advantage per battle.
    2) The lower scaling allows for 'easier' opponents, so less of the issue with bad boards and health pack suckage.

I don't think there are *that* many people that don't have 3 hours but do have 90-120 minutes daily, so I don't think the impact would be as great there either. Part of that group will have already fallen behind because they're not doing optimal clears prior to a final clear.

But I also think PvP is such a massive edge for a vet over a '****' that I don't completely mind if they have a small edge in story PvE. But I'm also so sick of competitive PvE that I don't really care either way. The argument just struck me as odd, so I questioned it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was just reading over the recruitment threads in the alliance chat.

It is amazing how many crews are now PVE optional. Most of the top 10 PVP crews went PVE optional a long time ago. But reading the recruitment threads, i'm seeing many top 25, top 50, hell even top 250 crews are PVE optional...it is really telling.

PVE is just too much of a grind. I know this isn't breaking news, but seeing so many more crews going PVE optional was a stark reminder for me of how draining it is.

I'd be all in favor of a non-competitive PVE option.

easy...marc
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was considering the situation where you're applying equal effort, i.e both have the same amount of time available to clear.
    Yes, in that case you'd be correct. But given that constraint, there's absolutely no way to compete with someone whose roster allows them to clear faster than you, so no matter how big the stack is, you'd always lose.