Fix Incoming: Scarlet Witch's Hex Bolt (07/15/15) *Updated

Options

Comments

• CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Devs - this is ARBITRARY & WEAK!
    There are many other broken or nearly broken abilities, and you suddenly choose to fix this one?
    C'mon.
    This is so anti-communication. This issue has been known for a long time, and COINCIDENTALLY it comes up again in the last couple days then WHAM the nerf (er fixit) hammer strikes.
    If you want to tell us that you've been working on this fix for weeks and weeks then fine - tell us that. But in the absence of any communication other than "There is a bug and we are fixing it asap" then we are left with a VERY BAD TASTE in our mouth.

Or a hex bolt to the chest, as it were.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Options
    More importantly, is there going to be any compensation for those who have used hero points to max out the green ability?

It's quite annoying to nerf the green ability AFTER people have just sold away the purple cover from Deadpool Dailies. Now where are we supposed to find 2 purple covers to respec Scarlet Witch after she took a PhaserHex Bolt to the knee?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please also fix Arcane Intuition (5 covers). It says it creates 3 turn CD tiles at the beginning of turn.

Since beginning of turn is before any CD resolution, by description&game laws it should be 2-turns by the time the player can make his move.

This bug is observable since falsely 4-turn CD tiles are created.

Devs, please be accurate to ability descriptions and create a 3-turn CD tile at the beginning of the turn!
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    1/3* Storm generate 14 for 10, 2* Storm can generate 30 for 12. Squirrel Girl can theoretically do 12 for 11 but lets not talk about her. Kingpin converts 8 purple to 8 yellow and drains up to 6 AP at the same time. OBW/MBW/Yelena can do (OBW's most efficient so I'm using her numbers) 11 AP to generate/reduce your enemies AP by 24.

The fact that its semi random (and doesn't do damage) makes it balanced. The only issue would be interactions with charged tiles.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    PLEASE FIX HER BLUE!!!!!!

As soon as it freaking appears, it almost always IMMEDIATELY does a Match 3 to itself.

And if this happens with similar powers, fix ALL of them.

Thx.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    this is your legacy phaserhawk, congrats icon_lol.gif

Lol, I never once asked for a change, just clarifying because I love SW, and if that was permanent I would have to reevaluate my current build. But it was broken. Spend 8 AP to generate 9 is a tad broken.

For those asking for dmg first before stun. Careful what you wish for. That means marvels and hulks and carnages will all trigger first before they get stunned

No, Phaser, it is your legacy.
    No one was saying that you were asking for a change. We are just saying that you're that guy who could've asked around on Line, forum PM or whatever. I'm sure 99% of people invested in MPQ would've known about it be unintended, but would've cited the fight club (whut? I didn't say nuthin') rules about mentioning it out loud.

Your 'herp derp' moment caused her somewhat balanced (albeit unintended) skill to be nerfed. THAT is your legacy.

Please. Think before you post.

p.s. your "spend 8ap to gain 9ap" comment is invalid, because, 1. The colour of AP chosen is random; 2. You cannot target special tiles specifically to destroy, its also destroyed randomly around the selected tile; 3. if you choose a tile in the corner, sometimes it doesn't destroy the promised number of tiles, probably "destroying" tiles off-screen (oh wait...) so your AP gain isn't as promised.

I'll give you a pass for being kind of a ****. And if you know where to place you could be very accurate with what AP to get which is why the skill would have been broken. Sure storm can net better but it's completely random, not so for SW. Not to mention you are making a very large assumption the devs are too dumb to catch this mistake, which is condescending and arrogant. It's obvious it was a big since what it was doing didn't match the description. Your that kid who thought/thinks you're pulling one over on your parents when they know what you are doing the whole time. I asked if this was a bug before I committed cover switching which I'm sure others were wondering as well. So maybe take some of your own advice and Think about what you post icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    PLEASE FIX HER BLUE!!!!!!

As soon as it freaking appears, it almost always IMMEDIATELY does a Match 3 to itself.

And if this happens with similar powers, fix ALL of them.

Thx.
    Sorry you're getting 3 free blue AP?
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Please also fix Arcane Intuition (5 covers). It says it creates 3 turn CD tiles at the beginning of turn.

Since beginning of turn is before any CD resolution, by description&game laws it should be 2-turns by the time the player can make his move.

This bug is observable since falsely 4-turn CD tiles are created.

Devs, please be accurate to ability descriptions and create a 3-turn CD tile at the beginning of the turn!

It does now!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Lol, I never once asked for a change, just clarifying because I love SW, and if that was permanent I would have to reevaluate my current build. But it was broken. Spend 8 AP to generate 9 is a tad broken.

For those asking for dmg first before stun. Careful what you wish for. That means marvels and hulks and carnages will all trigger first before they get stunned

No, Phaser, it is your legacy.
    No one was saying that you were asking for a change. We are just saying that you're that guy who could've asked around on Line, forum PM or whatever. I'm sure 99% of people invested in MPQ would've known about it be unintended, but would've cited the fight club (whut? I didn't say nuthin') rules about mentioning it out loud.

Your 'herp derp' moment caused her somewhat balanced (albeit unintended) skill to be nerfed. THAT is your legacy.

Please. Think before you post.

p.s. your "spend 8ap to gain 9ap" comment is invalid, because, 1. The colour of AP chosen is random; 2. You cannot target special tiles specifically to destroy, its also destroyed randomly around the selected tile; 3. if you choose a tile in the corner, sometimes it doesn't destroy the promised number of tiles, probably "destroying" tiles off-screen (oh wait...) so your AP gain isn't as promised.

I'll give you a pass for being kind of a ****. And if you know where to place you could be very accurate with what AP to get which is why the skill would have been broken. Sure storm can net better but it's completely random, not so for SW. Not to mention you are making a very large assumption the devs are too dumb to catch this mistake, which is condescending and arrogant. It's obvious it was a big since what it was doing didn't match the description. Your that kid who thought/thinks you're pulling one over on your parents when they know what you are doing the whole time. I asked if this was a bug before I committed cover switching which I'm sure others were wondering as well. So maybe take some of your own advice and Think about what you post icon_rolleyes.gif

I see you can't refute my other points about why it's "balanced" even though you claim it isn't. It isn't broken. Would you like me to create a poll asking if people think it was broken?

Also I've never made the assumption that the devs are, in your own words, "too dumb". That's all you, bro. If it was so "obvious" as per your reply, why'd you have to ask in the first place? If you knew they would catch on eventually, then your whole thread is pointless, just respec her as you please and be on your way. Unless you have an agenda to posting it, i.e. expediting the process of nerf.

I'm the kid who knows my parents already know/found out about a loophole in the house-rules but live and let live, since nobody's complaining, and nobody was getting hurt. You're the kid who got the class open-book test which was, on paper supposed to be a closed-book test, closed because of your (weird) need to study harder/whatever reason anyone can think of to fit my analogy.

Your legacy is "Phaserbolt". Well done.

*edit: grammar
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    All he did was ask what should be a perfectly legitimate question, since the behavior was different from the ability description, not passive-aggressively attempt to call for a nerf.

Here's a question, lets say someone new to the game, who just finished cover maxing Scarlet Witch, suddenly noticed this, then posted and asked the same question? Would you tar and feather them? Curse them out? Because like it or not, sooner or later someone would have asked the question and this would have happened eventually regardless of who made the post. Let's not vilify someone for simply asking the question.
  • Unknown
    Options
    cyineedsn wrote:
    All he did was ask what should be a perfectly legitimate question, since the behavior was different from the ability description, not passive-aggressively attempt to call for a nerf.

Here's a question, lets say someone new to the game, who just finished cover maxing Scarlet Witch, suddenly noticed this, then posted and asked the same question? Would you tar and feather them? Curse them out? Because like it or not, sooner or later someone would have asked the question and this would have happened eventually regardless of who made the post. Let's not vilify someone for simply asking the question.

1. Was that post made by a someone new to the game?

2. Was anybody "cursed" out of the game?

3. I'm pointing out that he did have an agenda for posting it, based on his reply to my post, because he had many other avenues of enquiring without setting off any alarms. Unless it really was a herp derp moment, which deserves a face-palm and a "****, bro?!" response, anyway, which I may have gone overboard a little.

To be fair, I respecced my own SW from 5 green to 3 green much earlier this week, because her 5 turn stun is too awesome to miss out. I would know, after being on its receiving end all too often recently. But the point is if you know it's going to happen eventually, just be silent and enjoy the ride while it lasts. Her best skill is still her passive, anyhow.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I find it amazing that these things get fixed relatively quickly yet Iron Man model 40 is still so terribly bad to the point he is almost unplayable. Seriously let me remove his yellow covers back down to 2 already.

Recharge can be useful on pve nodes with multiple waves, such as The Big Enchilada in DDQ (My IM40 has 5 covers in yellow, btw). It's better to use during the all-goon waves so the tiles don't get destroyed. Then you can blast away at the following wave of real characters with all the ap you just got.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Deadpooool wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:

3. I'm pointing out that he did have an agenda for posting it, based on his reply to my post, because he had many other avenues of enquiring without setting off any alarms. Unless it really was a herp derp moment, which deserves a face-palm and a "****, bro?!" response, anyway, which I may have gone overboard a little.

To be fair, I respecced my own SW from 5 green to 3 green much earlier this week, because her 5 turn stun is too awesome to miss out. I would know, after being on its receiving end all too often recently. But the point is if you know it's going to happen eventually, just be silent and enjoy the ride while it lasts. Her best skill is still her passive, anyhow.

If you feel better cruicifing me on a forum have at it, you've obviously feel that I have the power to do say. Maybe if I point out bugs and flaws in other things I can get them changed too!!

You like most people give into your simplistic monkey primate emotions. You get angry for 2 reasons pain or loss. Suck it up. It wasn't intended yes I asked a question and got the answer. So I'll grab some nails and some wood. You bring your hammer and have at it
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:

If you feel better cruicifing me on a forum have at it, you've obviously feel that I have the power to do say. Maybe if I point out bugs and flaws in other things I can get them changed too!!

You like most people give into your simplistic monkey primate emotions. You get angry for 2 reasons pain or loss. Suck it up. It wasn't intended yes I asked a question and got the answer. So I'll grab some nails and some wood. You bring your hammer and have at it

Once again, you're not refuting my logical arguments, and victimising yourself now. Well done.

I'm only chastising you for not thinking it through before creating a topic about it if your intention was truly to find out if it was just a bug. Chastising, I repeat, not nailing you to some metaphorical cross, yeesh. If I see someone doing something idiotic that will affect a whole group of people, I would say: "Hey man, that's idiotic! ****, man?!". That's what I'm doing here.

Anyway I've already mentioned that I personally think, be it true or not, that you have an agenda for asking out loud. So whatevs, man. Phaserbolt FTW! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I don't get this. Doesn't OBW get up to 18 AP from an investment of 9 PLUS screwing up the opponent's reserves? Sure, if in some miracle board configuration, aided by luck you got back 8 or more green from that ability, you'd get to cast it again... but how many times is that going to happen?
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Deadpooool wrote:

1. Obviously phaserhawk is not new. So if phaserhawk was new, would you be chastising him, or would all be forgiven?

2. Yes in the other thread a mod did have to edit out a flaming/profanity post

3. My point was, does it matter if he had an agenda? It's a pretty legitimate question. Is it because veterans should really know better then to ask questions that might lead to nerfs?

Here's a question, maybe we should ask why is this game run in such a way that veteran players are apparently supposed to hide bugs/not bugs that are possibly unintentional/beneficial to players? Why is asking a question like "is this intentional" cause for being chastised in the first place? Because, it really seems like it should not be a problem in the first place..
  • Gordzilla
    Gordzilla Posts: 20
    Options
    It's been awhile. The forum is fun to read again icon_lol.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    cyineedsn wrote:

Once again, you're not refuting my logical arguments, and victimising yourself now. Well done.

I'm only chastising you for not thinking it through before creating a topic about it if your intention was truly to find out if it was just a bug. Chastising, I repeat, not nailing you to some metaphorical cross, yeesh. If I see someone doing something idiotic that will affect a whole group of people, I would say: "Hey man, that's idiotic! ****, man?!". That's what I'm doing here.

Anyway I've already mentioned that I personally think, be it true or not, that you have an agenda for asking out loud. So whatevs, man. Phaserbolt FTW! icon_e_biggrin.gif

*sigh* well thanks for proving me correct, I had hopes for you my young Padawan that you could rise above your emotions and passive aggressive comments but alas a Jedi you will not be.

Btw I do get the irony of doing the exact same thing I'm knocking, and everything I've written is no different when I mess with telemarketers and mindf#&k them. You do realize I don't care about you or anyone else and their opinion. I asked a question and got the answer. You are more than welcome to continue the charade I've baited you on already to continue to be that"hey don't talk about stuff man, it's cool to keep it on the D.L. yet turn around and then whine when it's taken away instead of the it's cool man. Very interesting psychological profile you've presented of yourself.
    Diagnosis
    "Narcissistic tendencies coupled with an interesting Ego/Id dilemma. You want to appear one way but have problems acting like the persona you want to project."
    The sooner you realize that you are projecting your anger on a person over the Internet to help deal with the fact that and for lack of a better example "you just got free HBO, and your friend, parent called the cable company to see if that was correct, and now you're mad you got something taken away you weren't supposed to have in the first place". Then per typical human behavior you find ways to justify and rationalize your own sense of loss either by blaming someone then getting pissy when they keep putting the ball back in your court. I could keep rambling but my thumb hurts.

In short we are two people out of 7 billion, having a pissing match over a game of bejeweled with super heroes, with one of us laughing thinking this is funny while the other is trying to lecture on how to "keep it cool man"

Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and get off the merry go round. The sooner you realize you are nothing but a minute dot in the history of existence and that God or not what we are doing here now doesn't matter for anything. The more enjoyable life will be for you

I bid you adieu Deadpooooooooool. May you have pleasant dreams as you debate wether or not to respond or keep chasing the red cape I'm dancing in front of you? Toro
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    *sigh* well thanks for proving me correct, I had hopes for you my young Padawan that you could rise above your emotions and passive aggressive comments but alas a Jedi you will not be.

Btw I do get the irony of doing the exact same thing I'm knocking, and everything I've written is no different when I mess with telemarketers and mindf#&k them. You do realize I don't care about you or anyone else and their opinion. I asked a question and got the answer. You are more than welcome to continue the charade I've baited you on already to continue to be that"hey don't talk about stuff man, it's cool to keep it on the D.L. yet turn around and then whine when it's taken away instead of the it's cool man. Very interesting psychological profile you've presented of yourself.
    Diagnosis
    "Narcissistic tendencies coupled with an interesting Ego/Id dilemma. You want to appear one way but have problems acting like the persona you want to project."
    The sooner you realize that you are projecting your anger on a person over the Internet to help deal with the fact that and for lack of a better example "you just got free HBO, and your friend, parent called the cable company to see if that was correct, and now you're mad you got something taken away you weren't supposed to have in the first place". Then per typical human behavior you find ways to justify and rationalize your own sense of loss either by blaming someone then getting pissy when they keep putting the ball back in your court. I could keep rambling but my thumb hurts.

In short we are two people out of 7 billion, having a pissing match over a game of bejeweled with super heroes, with one of us laughing thinking this is funny while the other is trying to lecture on how to "keep it cool man"

First off, congrats, you've proven my point that your action isn't a herp derp one, but a calculated move, based on your response to my posts.

Secondly, if you did read my post in it's entirety, you'd have seen that I respecced my SW earlier this week, before your thread surfaced, so it doesn't affect me per se. Which is why I'm not personally pissed in the slightest way. I'm only pointing out your (apparently faked) reaction to finding out about and posting it online schtick and pointing out how idiotic it was.
    As well as tearing down your weak argument about how it was unbalanced, which you've yet to refute.

Lastly, nice try trying to obscure my arguments by pointing out how tiny we are in this universe. If you found our back-and-forth so meaningless and pointless, you wouldn'tve participated in the first place. Since you need to justify how much you don't care about other people's opinions and such, I guess it's a pot kettle situation here. you're projecting the image you're trying to be by respond to me in the first place, so good luck with that.

I bid you Sayonara now, Phaserbolt. I might've been chasing the red cape, but at least proved you're nothing but a troll. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and get off the merry go round. The sooner you realize you are nothing but a minute dot in the history of existence and that God or not what we are doing here now doesn't matter for anything. The more enjoyable life will be for you

I bid you adieu Deadpooooooooool. May you have pleasant dreams as you debate wether or not to respond or keep chasing the red cape I'm dancing in front of you? Toro
    First off, congrats, you've proven my point that your action isn't a herp derp one, but a calculated move, based on your response to my posts.

Secondly, if you did read my post in it's entirety, you'd have seen that I respecced my SW earlier this week, before your thread surfaced, so it doesn't affect me per se. Which is why I'm not personally pissed in the slightest way. I'm only pointing out your (apparently faked) reaction to finding out about and posting it online schtick and pointing out how idiotic it was.
    As well as tearing down your weak argument about how it was unbalanced, which you've yet to refute.

Lastly, nice try trying to obscure my arguments by pointing out how tiny we are in this universe. If you found our back-and-forth so meaningless and pointless, you wouldn'tve participated in the first place. Since you need to justify how much you don't care about other people's opinions and such, I guess it's a pot kettle situation here. you're projecting the image you're trying to be by responding to me in the first place, so good luck with that.

I bid you Sayonara now, Phaserbolt. I might've been chasing the red cape, but at least proved you're nothing but a troll. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    cyineedsn wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:

1. Obviously phaserhawk is not new. So if phaserhawk was new, would you be chastising him, or would all be forgiven?

2. Yes in the other thread a mod did have to edit out a flaming/profanity post

3. My point was, does it matter if he had an agenda? It's a pretty legitimate question. Is it because veterans should really know better then to ask questions that might lead to nerfs?

Here's a question, maybe we should ask why is this game run in such a way that veteran players are apparently supposed to hide bugs/not bugs that are possibly unintentional/beneficial to players? Why is asking a question like "is this intentional" cause for being chastised in the first place? Because, it really seems like it should not be a problem in the first place..

1. I'd point out what an idi..err.. not very well thought out post it was, and hopefully the new guy would learn not to do so again. Of course my response would be different if it was a new guy to the game.

2. So was the OP of that thread thrown out off the game? your answer doesn't answer my question.

3. Yes it does matter! If he said "Hey, this skill is bugged, and it's unfair to me! I want it resolved!" compared to asking pretend-innocently, my response would've been completely different. And less snarky to boot.

For your last statement, I don't see why you need to segregate the vets and the not-so-vets. We're all in the same player-base, we all try to find an advantageous situation to benefit our gameplay. If the bug is there and causes an imbalance in the game, by all means, point it out and get it fixed. In this case, however, the bug made her skill barely balanced, based on all the points I listed previously that made her green skill not-so-nice. So the real question we should be asking is "Why can't the devs change the way her skill is described?" instead of fixing the bug. Hope this clarifies my stand on the matter.
This discussion has been closed.