Fix Incoming: Scarlet Witch's Hex Bolt (07/15/15) *Updated

Options

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't think anyone considers Shield Of Liberty a good ability.

I find it amazing that these things get fixed relatively quickly yet Iron Man model 40 is still so terribly bad to the point he is almost unplayable. Seriously let me remove his yellow covers back down to 2 already.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Please stop. Don't change her. We like her as is. Well most of us do.
  • Unknown
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    about a 4/5 chance to destroy a targeted tile at max covers.
    Fuzzy math isn't helping your argument.
    4/5 turns out to be quite close to the actual number, but we can work it out too. Assuming level 5 Hex Bolt and only one special tile on the board (i.e. you can always target a favorable neighboring tile), then...
    • There is a 100% chance to destroy any specific tile directly adjacent to a corner. 12/64 tiles fall in this category.
    • There is an 80% chance to destroy any specific tile within 2 tiles of the border. Excluding the previous case, 36/64 tiles are in this category.
    • There is a 50% chance to destroy any specific tile in the 4x4 center of the board, accounting for the remaining 16/64 tiles.
    The average destruction chance is thus 76.25%.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ultron sentries were triggering Core Meltdown @7 special tiles when the tool tip read more than 7
    Fix: reword the description
    Anti player

SW green generates 2x ap
    Fix: remove the extra ap
    Anti player

Can the player get a bone, one time?
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Ultron sentries were triggering Core Meltdown @7 special tiles when the tool tip read more than 7
    Anti player

SW green generates 2x ap
    Anti player

maybe put it in Q&A as well
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Anti player

SW green generates 2x ap
    Anti player

Be careful of your wording, you didn't specify where that bone is going.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vynyv wrote:
    [*]There is an 80% chance to destroy any specific tile within 2 tiles of the border.
    I'm not seeing how it's 80% for tiles TWO away from a border.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Re: People pointing this out on the forum:
    tumblr_m1mnp2MLDA1qz5qmbo1_500.jpg

(Also, the fix for SW's blue was pro-player, as was making MNMags' purple no longer overwrite existing blues - it's not completely one-sided)
  • Unknown
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    I'm not seeing how it's 80% for tiles TWO away from a border.
    That's why I wrote "within 2 tiles" instead, but I agree the text can still be confusing. So here's mockup of the 8x8 game board, with each tile labeled by its destruction chance:

PQYQOur.png?1
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Boooooooo!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    How exactly was this a bug? In what world does an ability that trades 8 AP to get back 4 or 5 make any sense? Why can't we say the description is wrong and the game code is right?
    Semi-targeting + cascade possibility -> about a 4/5 chance to destroy a targeted tile at max covers. It's cheaper than Cap, but I think it's expensive relative to other skills. Her Blue passive more than makes up for it though. Double AP for Hex Bolt makes her too good of a character, arguably, especially with charged tile generators.

Right, but Cap can not only overwrite a special tile, he also does incredible damage or causes a stun AND his shields return a bunch of AP when done.

Hexbolt ONLY made sense as a power when it actually gathered as much random AP as it cost to cast.

Can you at least make it so that the tile you select gives you 2 AP and the others only give 1?
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    Options
    I wonder if this would have been found much earlier if you could actually see the AP gain like you used to.
  • theshadeofopal
    theshadeofopal Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    At least we don't have to worry about how to spec her anymore.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Options
    And, of course, SW Green is the bottom tier 3* reward for Thick as Thieves. If there is an RNGesus, he is laughing his backside off right about now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This feels more like a nerf... a lot of people were asking about the ability long time ago and no answer, so some people thought it was working as intended, and now the ability is bad... And guess what, next PvE event is giving the greenflag.png cover at top 150! -.- Really? ...

I usually play PvE, but the other day I spent HP in PvP to get the greenflag.png cover (800 points progression reward), and now... Am i getting the HP back after this??? No... I feel bad for people that spent HP to max the ability.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, it is a skill that generates half the ap required to use the skill?

014397cd-bf63-4f52-bea1-92f8695c8f0d.png
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know it's been a while, but: This too shall pass.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    this is your legacy phaserhawk, congrats icon_lol.gif

Lol, I never once asked for a change, just clarifying because I love SW, and if that was permanent I would have to reevaluate my current build. But it was broken. Spend 8 AP to generate 9 is a tad broken.

For those asking for dmg first before stun. Careful what you wish for. That means marvels and hulks and carnages will all trigger first before they get stunned
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Lol, I never once asked for a change, just clarifying because I love SW, and if that was permanent I would have to reevaluate my current build. But it was broken. Spend 8 AP to generate 9 is a tad broken.

For those asking for dmg first before stun. Careful what you wish for. That means marvels and hulks and carnages will all trigger first before they get stunned

1/3* Storm generate 14 for 10, 2* Storm can generate 30 for 12. Squirrel Girl can theoretically do 12 for 11 but lets not talk about her. Kingpin converts 8 purple to 8 yellow and drains up to 6 AP at the same time. OBW/MBW/Yelena can do (OBW's most efficient so I'm using her numbers) 11 AP to generate/reduce your enemies AP by 24.

The fact that its semi random (and doesn't do damage) makes it balanced. The only issue would be interactions with charged tiles.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:

No, Phaser, it is your legacy.
    No one was saying that you were asking for a change. We are just saying that you're that guy who could've asked around on Line, forum PM or whatever. I'm sure 99% of people invested in MPQ would've known about it be unintended, but would've cited the fight club (whut? I didn't say nuthin') rules about mentioning it out loud.

Your 'herp derp' moment caused her somewhat balanced (albeit unintended) skill to be nerfed. THAT is your legacy.

Please. Think before you post.

p.s. your "spend 8ap to gain 9ap" comment is invalid, because, 1. The colour of AP chosen is random; 2. You cannot target special tiles specifically to destroy, its also destroyed randomly around the selected tile; 3. if you choose a tile in the corner, sometimes it doesn't destroy the promised number of tiles, probably "destroying" tiles off-screen (oh wait...) so your AP gain isn't as promised.
This discussion has been closed.