Which Goon ability do you hate the most?

Options

Comments

• rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I followed the rules by only choosing two (Caltrops and Turn To Smoke), but I basically hate EVERY ability of The Hand Goons. Caltrops because they are traps and are guaranteed to go off anytime you match 4 or more, usually resulting in MULTIPLE trips. Turn to Smoke because the attack tiles ALWAYS end of in out-of-reach places, like the corners or places where no other tile of that color is around. Strength in Numbers because even if you don't match red, the goons can cast it anyways. Meteor Hammer because, if I remember right it heals, but at least the other take damage. That's probably the most balanced attack of The Hand enclave. I always have to take a DEEP breath whenever this mob pops up, just lost my first DDQ for Quiksilver thanks to what happened in Wave 1 with The Hand mobs. I HATE THE HAND icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    this is a bad poll where's "feed juggernaut" goon ability? or the team heal one? or ultron goon abilities?

I chose caltrops but caltrops is pretty fair in terms of "dealing damage to you without feeling unfair or overwhelming".

Threaten is just plain OP....and they're often paired with other yellow producers. Threaten IMO should be switched to attack tiles or just toned down.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This poll is indirectly telling the devs "Put Caltrops in DDQ." I could only imagine hitting wave 3 and there is 2 of those jerks icon_redface.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    This poll is indirectly telling the devs "Put Caltrops in DDQ." I could only imagine hitting wave 3 and there is 2 of those jerks icon_redface.gif

Kishu's Caltrops wouldn't really be a problem in DDQ. The scaling is so low that Caltrops really wouldn't deal much damage.

Caltrops are a much bigger issue in Enemy of the State when I'm fighting level 200+ Kishu's, where even protect tiles can't really mitigate the damage.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:

Kishu's Caltrops wouldn't really be a problem in DDQ. The scaling is so low that Caltrops really wouldn't deal much damage.

Caltrops are a much bigger issue in Enemy of the State when I'm fighting level 200+ Kishu's, where even protect tiles can't really mitigate the damage.
    true for a *** roster - will be a much bigger issue for those who still tackle that with **s. level 120 caltrops will mess cstorm up good.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

true for a *** roster - will be a much bigger issue for those who still tackle that with **s. level 120 caltrops will mess cstorm up good.

Maybe... I used to run Storm/Mags/Hood (replace Hood with Bullseye going back to before he was covered) before I started playing with my level 140+ heavy hitters.

I don't think that low level caltrops will cause Storm any real issues, even if they are higher level in the third round. Mostly, you've had enough time to build up her blue and green (though Blue will have been depleted in the previous round). You'll probably have magneto's purple and red's ready to fire. If you have a decent Bullseye, those caltrops probably will barely penetrate your protect tiles. If you are using something else (Thor or Torch to use the Yellow/Green or Black/Green), you may have saved enough AP to knock a Kishu out pretty quickly while still saving up Storm's blue for round 4.
  • Epok
    Epok Posts: 41
    Options
    Curse Ninjas!

Caltrops go off at random and are AOE damage
    Turn to Smoke always finds ways to make attack tiles hide, so it's no longer safe to match with your weakest hero
    Strength in Numbers can find a lucky board to hide in too easily, and often times once the first one pops others happen every turn.

I hate everything about ninjas, I'd rather face REAL heroes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Epok wrote:
    Curse Ninjas!

Caltrops go off at random and are AOE damage
    Turn to Smoke always finds ways to make attack tiles hide, so it's no longer safe to match with your weakest hero
    Strength in Numbers can find a lucky board to hide in too easily, and often times once the first one pops others happen every turn.

I hate everything about ninjas, I'd rather face REAL heroes.
    caltrops isn't random, it doesn't hit teamup tiles icon_e_wink.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Caltrops are not on:

Team-up tiles
    Tiles with a countdown (*)
    Strike tiles, defence tiles, etc. (*)
    New tiles just added from above (*)

You can avoid them, mostly.

(*) I've never triggered caltrops from one of these, but that might have been luck.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I know Caltrops isn't exactly a fun ability to play against, but I can't believe it's crushing Threaten here. Those enemystrike.png are ridiculous

Threaten is a lot easier to deal with than caltrops because they spam them so fast and you find yourself just trying to play the top of the board and praying you don't trigger a cascade. You can't overwrite what you can't see.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still talking about caltrops, I'd rather the Kishu fired off Caltrops than eat an Adamantium Slash or Debilitating Slash in the Human Torch essential node in Hell's Kitchen.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Caltrops are not on:

Team-up tiles
    Tiles with a countdown (*)
    Strike tiles, defence tiles, etc. (*)
    New tiles just added from above (*)

You can avoid them, mostly.

(*) I've never triggered caltrops from one of these, but that might have been luck.

Caltrops are traps and can't be placed on those with *s. 3* Storm black / cmag yellow and Falcon purple are good counters. Storm to overwrite, cmag/Falcon to overwrite and provide enough protection to nullify them.

Flamethrower should definitely be on the list, with double green feeder they will drop one every round and 4 turn CDs are hard to stop when there are that many of them (all the green will eventually disappear locking a CD in an unmatchable corner). Rocket isn't as bad because its a 6 turn CD.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Predictably, Caltrops and TTS. Caltrops costs way, way too little. It either must be single target for that unfair price, or be slower. We should also have a way of knowing which Kishu deployed traps/has deployed more traps.
    TTS is not harmful but is EXTREMELY annoying.
    Flamethrower/Threaten/whatever aren't annoying, they are fair(er) and easy to counter (GSBW/Kamala/Thor/Elektra/Moonstone/Shulk/etc).
    The only other skills I would love to vote for are Suppressing Fire and whatever skill from Mutant goons that destroys your purple/blue/black AP.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What really burns my gears is when I take down the wrong goon only to have a deadly countdown go off right after. Let me know who set which trap devs.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Breezy wrote:
    What really burns my gears is when I take down the wrong goon only to have a deadly countdown go off right after. Let me know who set which trap devs.
    When you switch goons that place regular CDs, around, their CDs currently present on the board are highlighted. Not so for traps like Caltrops.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Frigging caltrops. Prevented me from getting a top 50 last night on the previous sub. Was clearing the final node while ranked 51st, and had to make 1 blue match to get wind storm ready to take out the goon team with 2 mins left in the event. The blue match triggers a 4-step cascade tripping 3 caltrops traps, taking out Storm (not to mention delaying the match since the caltrops animation takes a year to resolve). Still won the game but 1 minute too late. ):
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Lieutenant's Morale Boost. Especially when he also feeds Venom purple to stun you while staring at his CDs resolve. Throw in Bullseye for more annoyance. Yes that node from Hunt first map.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Caltrops? Really? I just discovered that Cage + Falcon = Laughing at the Hand. Seriously, the only Hand ninja you need to worry about is the fat guy with that Meteor Hammer. Two yellow matches, and everything else is doing one-damage tickles.

I voted Tommy Gun and Pistol. Pistol...holy ****, Pistol sucks.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just a suggestion for those who have trouble, in 2* or 3* land with ninja nodes in DDQ (especially Ninja + Muscle)

Submit team up requests to your alliance, ask for DD. Get some radar sense team ups.. they can save you.

I am building a 2nd DD with 5/0/0 right now, just to send team ups for people in my alliance struggling with ninja nodes in DDQ.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Caltrops.
    There is absolutely NO in game counter for this kind of ability.

My personal scaling is at a point where trying to bring in **mags as a support engine for LCAP will often lead to his death from this ability alone. Twice in this PvE my luck was so bad that Caltrops even downed LCap before he could get red or blue online without actually taking a hit from any match damage or CD tile ability.

This ability has no puzzle element to it or skill associated with it.
    Until we get a character who can spot or disable traps I think it's best this skill mark the tiles.