Inner Space Cadet

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I beat the node on the first try with 4hor, XF, KP (355 build). I took Deadpool out first in each wave.

Everyone survived. I almost lost 4hor.

Once KP's countdown's got rolling, it was Bye Bye AI.

good luck to everyone grinding this thing down.

easy...marc
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wiped the first time, had Cap/Blade/Storm. Beat it with Daredevil/She-hulk/Hood on second try.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Easy beat it with Mnmag/CStorm/BP ( usually i'm use this team in deadpool daily) AI just can't do nothing icon_lol.gif
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like Ares/Daken/OBW for any kind of wave that doesn't involve level 100+ characters. But OBW was crucial here: first, you want to grab all the pink you can get. Second, every time you grab it, she steals one of theirs. I got through 4 Deadpools without a single whales because I never let them get enough. Also, Ares/Daken just killed the **** out of everything else.

tl;dr: OBW
  • Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Managed it with Stormneto and Modern Hawkeye, Devil Dinosaur and Whales nailed me on the first attempt but I managed it on the second with some extra Blue and Purple AP/Match damage and critical boosts. Just had to keep Deadpool and stunned and I was really lucky to be able to match away the purple before they got it themselves.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Any recommendation for doing this with only a 2 star roster? I have all the 2 stars at 94, but haven't found a combo that doesn't get rofl stomped yet.

Ares is pretty awful because he feeds so much green, that once 3* Thor hits, he just obliterates me with Call of the Storm. He does 3k damage with it, which makes it almost impossible to recover from.

Tried other combos too, and I can make it to the final wave, but then I have so little health Devil Dino just chomps and one shots anyone.
  • Tagstar87
    Tagstar87 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I used my standard DDQ team all 3* (Hulk, Cap, Thor). There is a lot of double powers, nothing close to rainbow coverage but this team always wins due to brute strength. I've never lost a DDQ with this set-up and, while they took a ton of damage, all three made it through the 4-wave Deadpool fight.

That final 5-wave required a little bit more finesse icon_e_wink.gif
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SirLanik wrote:
    Any recommendation for doing this with only a 2 star roster? I have all the 2 stars at 94, but haven't found a combo that doesn't get rofl stomped yet.

Ares is pretty awful because he feeds so much green, that once 3* Thor hits, he just obliterates me with Call of the Storm. He does 3k damage with it, which makes it almost impossible to recover from.

Tried other combos too, and I can make it to the final wave, but then I have so little health Devil Dino just chomps and one shots anyone.
    I used 2* team of Thor/Storm/Bullseye with team ups. It's only tricky early on, first wave or two. By then you are either dead or Storm has reached enough green to keep going. icon_e_smile.gif Also, if the board is good, it can be more useful to use Bullseye's green early. Especially if it can speed up some crucial color or two. Better chance for a big cascade too than using Storm's green at 12-14 AP.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used my standard survival node team on this. 3Thor / Dak3n / obw. Never felt threatened at all. Just make sure you grab purple to 1) prevent DP from whaling you and 2) prevent anyone else from putting too much of a hurt on you.

Tried that team, although my Widow (2) is only at 60.

Got obliterated in the 3rd wave even though I took out Deadpool first. Ragnarok and Thor just went wham-bam-boom in the middle of the wave and everybody fell over and died.

Yeah this clearly isn't happening for me.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Finished this one with my standard DDQ Big Enchilada team of Grocket/LCap/Hood. Steve took about 4K damage over the four waves, and that was about that. Used an ability to end each wave to maintain priority, kept DP stunned with Peacemaker until downed, and Hood kept their AP suppressed. The only surprise hit was a Nuts from Above from Squirrel Girl in the final wave - I think I had 5 or 6 protect tiles out, as well as Grocket's strike tiles, so it hurt a teensy bit.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    Finished this one with my standard DDQ Big Enchilada team of Grocket/LCap/Hood. Steve took about 4K damage over the four waves, and that was about that. Used an ability to end each wave to maintain priority, kept DP stunned with Peacemaker until downed, and Hood kept their AP suppressed. The only surprise hit was a Nuts from Above from Squirrel Girl in the final wave - I think I had 5 or 6 protect tiles out, as well as Grocket's strike tiles, so it hurt a teensy bit.

My standard BE team is Marvel (2), Storm (2) and Magneto (2) and they've been unsuccessful so far. Meh.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Cage/CMags/OBW Purple to deny whales and stop other powers from building. All the while building up Cages blackflag.png and yellowflag.png CMags redflag.png and blueflag.png

Then went to town on the last 2 waves by unleashing stored AP.

Good times!
  • Unknown
    Options
    my tips are watch my stream archive and use cap/hood
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LCap, KK, Hood.

Start with all AP boosts and watch your health meter never go down.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    My fifth effort saw a team of icon_rocket.png , icon_lukecage.png and icon_blade.png .

I'm not gonna say it was EASY, but Blade's thirst and Groot's plan combined with Righteous Uppercut knocking Deadpool the tinykitty out whenever he poked his head in got the job done.

God I hope the 5 wave is easier than that.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wiped on my first go with my usual DDQ team of Xforce, Iron Fist and Lazy Cap, but pretty much steamrolled the node the second time with a team of Prof X, Grey Widow and Scarlet Witch. They had only taken about 1000 damage each (GSBW took a little more) by the time the fifth wave was done.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I wiped on my first go with my usual DDQ team of Xforce, Iron Fist and Lazy Cap, but pretty much steamrolled the node the second time with a team of Prof X, Grey Widow and Scarlet Witch. They had only taken about 1000 damage each (GSBW took a little more) by the time the fifth wave was done.

If I had the covers, I'd love to have taken in a team of MMN/GSBW, Professor X and Hawkeye (2). No idea if it would have "steamrolled" anything but I feel like that could have been lulzy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    LCap/MNM/Groot got this done for me. Groot healed 3 times, and I used LCap's yellowflag.png 3 times by the end. Team stun lock.

I considered after the fact if She Hulk wouldn't have been better than Groot, use 18 AP to just wipe out their entire reserves. But then, Groot healed 3 times so...
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

If I had the covers, I'd love to have taken in a team of MMN/GSBW, Professor X and Hawkeye (2). No idea if it would have "steamrolled" anything but I feel like that could have been lulzy.

Thanks for reminding me I still need to take that team into a match sometime. icon_mrgreen.gif

For a survival node like this, SW was a better choice than Hawkeye, though. Her purple generation keeps the Decisive Tactics going, with the added bonus of providing the occasional additional Master Plan when the countdown tile resolves.
  • evildead666
    Options
    I did it w Lthor steve and obw only had probs when they used L thor steve and hulk beat it with all other tanks boosted and after that was gravy