Inner Space Cadet

Options
DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, uh...anybody got tips for this one? I took out Deadpool in the first wave right before he had a chance to use Whales, which just meant that as soon as his turn came up in wave two, I got Whaled to death.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I did it with MsMarvel+Stormneto by the skin of my teeth
  • DFiPL
    Options
    shurak wrote:
    I did it with MsMarvel+Stormneto by the skin of my teeth

That was the first team I tried. I got **** up because Deadpool has 5 in red so hey cheap 65% health destruction.

Brought a 3* team the second time, focused on taking him out quick in the first round, but what inevitably happens - and this happened my second try as well - is that Widow gets Widow's Bite to proc, matches off some purple AP, and by the time I can finish her off, there's 14 AP just waiting for POWERSPAM GALORE in the 2nd wave, capping with Whales.

I have literally not done more than about 200 damage, cumulative, to the second wave because Whales is waiting there to ruin my whole day.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have bad news for you: there's a deadpool in EVERY wave. Stunners are probably your best bet here, and make sure to end each wave with a power so you get the first move of each new wave
  • Punatulkku
    Punatulkku Posts: 228
    Options
    this is impossible...
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    Options
    Used xforce, obw, and LThor. My XF is lvl 211 5/4/2. It wasn't that bad but I also had some good board luck. Just protected obw. I used +2 purple/blue and +2 all so I could start stealing and healing early. Took out DP first each wave.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Did it on my first try with only one character taking more than a couple hundred damage. Xforce loki and magneto.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did it first try with 3Thor, Punisher, OBW.

Steal all the AP, CTS on DP's puny behind, pun pun pow pow final person in the node in the face.. always had first move each wave..
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Went in with XF/HB/IF....should have taken Cage, IF bit the dust round two. HB almost died end of round 4 (edited, originally had 5 here).

Beat DP either completely or down most of the way right away at the top of each round. 2nd wave I killed DP down a bit until I could one-shot Thor. 4th wave was rough, since it opens and SG immediately throws out protect tiles - use an ability to kill off last character in wave 3 (in all waves, always a good idea), then try to kill DP before the protect tiles get down. You may not want many special tiles down either - SG will use the purple as soon as you kill DP.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Went in with XF/HB/IF....should have taken Cage, IF bit the dust round two. HB almost died end of round 5.

Beat DP either completely or down most of the way right away at the top of each round. 2nd wave I killed DP down a bit until I could one-shot Thor. 4th wave was rough, since it opens and SG immediately throws out protect tiles - use an ability to kill off last character in wave 3 (in all waves, always a good idea), then try to kill DP before the protect tiles get down. You may not want many special tiles down either - SG will use the purple as soon as you kill DP.

Inner Space Cadet is the 4 wave one.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Made it to wave 3 with a team of Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Storm. Took out Deadpool with Jab, Jab Cross and Ragnarok with match damage augmented by Iron Fist's strike tiles.

Thor managed to get off Thunder Strike when he was 400 HP from death. I could smell wave 4.

Then a yellow match-4 dropped from the heavens for him after he made another match.

WOO GREEN TILES EVERYWHERE

WOO GREEN CASCADE

WOO CALL THE STORM

wait what just happened
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Went in with XF/HB/IF....should have taken Cage, IF bit the dust round two. HB almost died end of round 5.

THERE'S A 5-WAVE?

oh hell no.

Sorry, Scott, would love to add you to the team, but I'm just not masochistic enough for that.

Good luck to everybody else.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

THERE'S A 5-WAVE?

oh hell no.

Sorry, Scott, would love to add you to the team, but I'm just not masochistic enough for that.

Yeah, started writing "five waves" and then edited paragraph but not first line.

Five wave one isn't only five waves - you MUST take in ant man (so, level 70 today). Yeah, I looked at it and thought it wouldn't be possible, but cleared it easier than the four wave one. Low level ant-man = bad mofo?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    After KK, Cyc, and HB just got destroyed in round two, I'm thinking I might need to just Master Rifle this node.

Of course, I've got 30 days to finish this, so maybe I won't cheap out on it and try a few more combinations before boosting or blasting.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    THERE'S A 5-WAVE?

oh hell no.

Don't worry. This one is much, much easier than the other survival node. One Hero/Villian and 2 goons per wave. Even with your team **** by a near useless lvl 70 ant man, this one is much more tolerable.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    THERE'S A 5-WAVE?

oh hell no.

Don't worry. This one is much, much easier than the other survival node. One Hero/Villian and 2 goons per wave. Even with your team **** by a near useless lvl 70 ant man, this one is much more tolerable.

On the 5 wave one.
    Bring Cap and Hood, make sure you end each wave with a red shield throw and then blue stun the 1 char who can move the board/use powers on the next wave.. it went easy.. especially once you really get cap going. hood for AP denial and CD timers when you need them., Ant-Man only ever used his purple.

Welcome Scott to my Roster!
  • MisanOne
    MisanOne Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    obw / xforce / lthor - A lot of it is just purple denial to prevent whales. Use the first round to build a decent amount of ap and always take out deadpool 1st.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wiped twice on the 4 wave node. Finally won with Patch+Mags+Loki. Lost Loki in the middle of wave three. SG took down Patch with her purple. Mags survived Devil Dino by casting yellow a few times. I was so close to wiping a third time, but luckily I had one last Patch tile helping me out. Phew!
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:

Ant-Man may only be lvl 70, but he is fully covered. He can definitely carry his own. I really enjoyed casting Patch's green when Ant-Man had his blue CD tile out.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I did it with Cage, IF, and R&G.... but it was hairy. IF bit it very early in the third round. Used a timely heal from R&G to hold off long enough to get to the 4th wave, where Cage's 30 blacktile.png made short work of things.

Would probably have been a little easier if R&G could have gotten off more Plans....
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used my standard survival node team on this. 3Thor / Dak3n / obw. Never felt threatened at all. Just make sure you grab purple to 1) prevent DP from whaling you and 2) prevent anyone else from putting too much of a hurt on you.