Server Outage (07/08/15) *Updated

Comments

• lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    it didn't really affect my top gun, but I was locked out the last two hours of luck be a lady (part of R&G) from 5AM - 7AM and I was completely unable to do anything for it (usually I am able to, I get up and grind for an hour before work), as a result got a much **** reward and it affected my overall R&G score. I submitted a ticket/email in the game the moment I was able to log in, but was thinking I wouldnt' see anything, this leaves me thinking maybe I will. That would ease some of the burn.
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Still can't log on. It says there is an update available, but I already updated it. It forces me to go to the Google Play store, but there's no update so I click open and the cycle repeats. I can't get in.
  • So this morning I updated the game. every time I open game it says to update but playstore says no updates available. I un-installed game, reinstalled game same problem. any answers or help?
  • wuweird
    wuweird Posts: 75 Match Maker
    We are unable to process individual compensation requests when so many were affected and all players were affected for the same length of time.
    Except this isn't really true.

I only get a chance to play the DDQ in the last few hours of each day, so that put me at a distinct disadvantage to those who're in timezones that allowed them to finish it earlier.

Similarly, only the final time slot of the Falcon PVP hadn't completed, so those who had picked earlier slots weren't affected in the same way. "Length of time" means nothing when players are on different schedules.

Once again, I'm down sizable rewards and - if it's anything like past issues - compensation will most likely be a bunch of **** tokens which net me nothing close to the equivalent of the covers I missed out on, let alone the HP & ISO rewards. Treating it as if everyone was impacted to the same degree is just hand-waving away the issue.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Server outrage.
  • Antman all around! Or better yet Tacos all around! Correct me if I'm wrong but they've never given away Tacos have they? Its always been heroic tokens, ISO and HP.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    dathremar wrote:
    Antman all around! Or better yet Tacos all around! Correct me if I'm wrong but they've never given away Tacos have they? Its always been heroic tokens, ISO and HP.

Or event tokens, and specific covers in the case of the Ultron event.
  • Saw "those effected" and "engaged" and read, "not you, again (Yes, YOU.), for some arbitrarily esoteric reason." lol

Meh. Whatever. Good luck to everyone. Hope at least some of us get treated somewhat fairly.

As always, good or bad, I'll post my results.

DBC
  • mr_adam67
    mr_adam67 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I personally did feel like I was hindered in the Ratchet and Groot event.
    It finished while the servers were down.
    Those that had a chance to grind in the event prior to them going down had a distinct advantage over myself as I wasn't able to catch up in my time zone while they were sleeping.
    I've invested alot of time in this event and I'm really pissed off about this as it's gonna be hard to catch up on the top 10 placing.
    If it hadn't gone down I would have hit top 10 with no dramas.
  • loose5682
    loose5682 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    So I'm getting the error when I load the game of "a new update is available!" and it then sends me to the Google Play store to download the update, but there's no update :-/ it only gives me the choice to Open or Uninstall so when I open I get the "a new update is available!" and then my phone gets thrown lol

Is this part of the same issue or is it something completely different? And how many Venom covers should I be expecting as compensation? icon_e_wink.gif
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    loose5682 wrote:
    So I'm getting the error when I load the game of "a new update is available!" and it then sends me to the Google Play store to download the update, but there's no update :-/ it only gives me the choice to Open or Uninstall so when I open I get the "a new update is available!" and then my phone gets thrown lol

Is this part of the same issue or is it something completely different? And how many Venom covers should I be expecting as compensation? icon_e_wink.gif

Different issue. Try rebooting your device. That usually refreshes the Play Store to show you the new update. If that doesn't work, you can try clearing your Play Store app cache to force the refresh instead.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Servers went down between 1:57 and 2 AM, not 3:30. I was prepping for my PvE rotation and it crashed after I started the first node but before I completed it.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    mr_adam67 wrote:

That's Ratchet and Clank, surely.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]All who were affected will receive the mass compensation. We are unable to process individual compensation requests when so many were affected and all players were affected for the same length of time.

Yes, all players were affected for the same amount of time. But, that does NOT mean it affected every player equally. MPQ is set up, by design, to be played at certain intervals.

In PvE, nodes are refreshed every 8 hours. To maximize your score, you must play every 8 hours. Playing early or missing a refresh will result in less than optimal points, meaning others can pass you.

In PvP, shields refresh on an 8 hour cooldowns. To maximize your score, you need to use all 3 shields in an 8 hour period.

If you were fortunate, you made your PvE clear and/or PvP shield hops before the server outage. If you were unfortunate, your PvE refreshes or PvP hops fell during the server outage.

Traditionally, compensation has been handled with a token or two or some ISO/HP. The majority of the tokens will amount to 250 ISO, meaning many will be compensated with maybe 1000 ISO and 100 HP. This pales in comparison to the value of what people missed attaining. Top Gun rewards included Kingpin and Hulkbuster (2500 HP each) and Captain Marvel (1250 HP).

This will probably fall on deaf ears given all of the past compensation, but please consider rethinking how you compensate loyal players.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    PvP i join in the last few hours, usually the dead hours as that's the only time i can play (timezone). As this coincided with my PvP run it pretty much meant no play and no points. So nothing from the event itself which means tokens, placement, HP.

Even worse it's affected my season placement, the guys above got their pts on the board and put a sizeable gap in. Yes it wasn't guaranteed and perhaps i can make it up but this is the difference between an extra 10 pack or not and those are not easy to come by.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    mr_adam67 wrote:

That's Ratchet and Clank, surely.
    this game just got alot better if there's ratchet and clank lol
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    My save file is corrupt error started just when the server outage happened. I was at 964 in pvp.

Ive lost that hb red, hp, iso, daily rwds, daily tacos, and tokens hp iso from the rocket groot event.

As of now im still unable to return to my last saved status in the game. I had 9000 of hp, a stah of iso , heroic tokens n vault tokens. Not to mention my roster.

I will not be happy with 4 tokens or 100 hp for this.
  • Thanks for the compensation, it's going to help towards a new slot.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand why you did blanket compensation instead of individual compensation. Support would be overwhelmed trying to process the requests, but still... I was not affected by the server outage at all-- my PvP slice had already ended and I wasn't playing PvE -- and I got the same compensation as someone who wasn't able to do a final hop to get the Hulkbuster cover, or someone who couldn't complete DDQ, or who missed a refresh in PvE. That's a problem. I honestly don't know what you could do differently, but maybe there's a way to do some additional targeted compensation for people in specific PvP slices or something the next time something like this happens.
  • Sherlock1
    Sherlock1 Posts: 81 Match Maker
    edited July 2015
    I rarely complain about this game, but about this compensation, I am pissed!
    Everyone getting 2500 ISO and 250 HP? Fine, everyone was perhaps wanting to play during these 4,5 hours, it s nice to give them something.
    But what about those seriously impacted by this incident?????

I was one one those playing in shard 3 of the pvp, and i usually finish my climbing in the last hours of the event, as i don t use shields, and as i know that my team will be weak enough to be targeted by strong or medium rosters to climb: i usually make to 1k this way. Because of this outage, i remained stuck to 620, missed the 1k progression reward (and those before), ended out of top 100 (last it happened was monthes ago).
    I also lost all possibilities getting top 2 in the pve (i was in shard 3 and of course i was supposed to do one clear on all nodes when i woke up, which i did 5 hours later).

And for all of that, i get same compensation than others? I can understand that pve doesn t count (i don t care of it, i played this pve just for some ISO/HP), i can understand how 2500 ISO and 250 HP can be a nice compensation for all rewards missed in the pvp (not including 1K and 1,3k progression rewards), but I cannot understand why those who were in my situation cannot receive something more.
    Because, even if i am more than angry, i know my situation is more enviable than other players, those who were also needing Captain marvel covers, for instance.
    When i sent an email to the custom service, they told me they cannot give individualized compensation: i think, if they wanted to be more honest, they should have written that they don t want to, because they re lacking of time.
    Of course, searching those who were seriously impacted would have been using time, and there will always have some players who would have be forgotten, but at least it would have been a gesture!
    For instance, they could have identified in their database those who were playing in shard 2 and 3, compare to the players who usually make it to 1K or 1,3K, add those who were close to 1K or 1,3K and grant them special rewards.
    Or they could have given extra compensation added to the general one to all players who were in these shards and who didn t received any 1K and/or 1.3K progression rewards...

I can understand issues occuring in the game and i won t be upset because of that, be i am extremely desappointed by such attitude, such lack of consideration...

Sorry, i am pissed!
This discussion has been closed.