Who thought a Falcon event would be fun?

Options
13»

Comments

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just was checking in here to make sure the title was rhetorical.

Honestly, there are several that aren't much fun. D tiles (Cage, maybe Cmags) aren't fun. D tiles with healing and forced mirrors (Spidey) aren't much fun. Team healing almost every turn (KK) is not much fun (and perhaps why we haven't seen may of these). AP steal all the time (hood) is not much fun. Avoiding match 4's all the time (Loki) is not much fun.

Lots of the forced mirrors of bad characters that have high health (Sentry, Rags, Colossus) aren't much fun.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    pmorcs wrote:
    Last time Top Gun ran, I had a 37-minute match against Viral Core. During a hop. Luckily the shard was pretty dead.

I am now .. much more careful about leaving falcon for last.

I don't ever leave Falcon for last. Not even in PVE. Bird Strike is such a middle finger that I want him gone before he has a chance to deploy it.

Wisdom.

That match was the ultimate degenerate case for a Falcon match: last chars standing on both sides were Falcon... Falcon v Falcon.

We both had thousands of health left, shield tiles everywhere, and zero dps capabilities. It was a game of -1, -1, -1,
    -1, -1 attrition, try to wipe out the other guy's shield tiles before he made more, KEEP HIM FROM GETTING PURPLE AT ALL COSTS. 37 minutes of that.
  • metabelian
    metabelian Posts: 67
    Options
    :/ I only had to shield hop once to get my HB. Nothing like good ol' SexMagnet to get things done. 75 HP for a 4* isn't bad.

Same here. Good synergy and fairly quick matches.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    On the other side in the PVE Falcon/Marvel event last weekend no one played in my time slot apparently. I started 2 days late and after 2 missions was in top 100. Ended up number 8.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Honestly, there are several that aren't much fun. D tiles (Cage, maybe Cmags) aren't fun. D tiles with healing and forced mirrors (Spidey) aren't much fun. Team healing almost every turn (KK) is not much fun (and perhaps why we haven't seen may of these). AP steal all the time (hood) is not much fun. Avoiding match 4's all the time (Loki) is not much fun.

There's the Blade PvP too. I saw someone describe it once as two guys playing hot potato with a hand grenade. I suspect that's why we don't see much of High Stakes either.
  • Unknown
    Options
    morph3us wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:

There's the Blade PvP too. I saw someone describe it once as two guys playing hot potato with a hand grenade. I suspect that's why we don't see much of High Stakes either.
    blade PVP is great, no one krutacks with me there, fast matches, big money