Who thought a Falcon event would be fun?

Options

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dont really understand the Falcon hate, is it simply that he drags out matches? Sure, I hate it when fighting him and he gets off his Bird Strike, but when using him, having him strengthen my strike tiles while I collect yellow to fire Cage's uppercut is just superb. Redwing flying in and removing a countdown tile that I cant get to is equally as enjoyable.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When you have a board shaker and Cmags who can overwrite tiles with his yellowflag.png the bird barrage is not so bad.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dont really understand the Falcon hate, is it simply that he drags out matches?
    That is the main thing. I climbed a lot with a Storm/CMags team, and was having fun. But past 800, I would win a battle and have been hit twice. I jumped a few times to get to 1K, and was beaten back every time, because the matches were too slow. I was pretty pissed to be honest, then switched to the HulkFist combo, and got my pace up, so I could climb a bit better, and got my last Red Hulkbuster, and called it quits.

I love the Falcon as a game character, and have him at 166. I often put him in PVE with Iron Fist or LDaken, and he does the trick. In a PVP though, it is super slow, and makes high climbs way too much trouble. I wanna punch him in the back of the head like a sniper icon_e_geek.gif
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I made the mistake of picking special tile focused teams first, but since enemy Redwing gobbles those up quite often, that wasn't a good idea. So what I basically did was ignore the fact that it was a Falcon pvp and bring out buffed Prof X and his good friend gsbw instead. All those masterplan/sniper rifle combo's make for really quick matches.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dont really understand the Falcon hate, is it simply that he drags out matches?
    When you're hopping, or making a rush for 1k, that's a huge deal.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't been having that bad a time of it, though I will say that when a match against the Falcon goes south, it goes waaaay south. On the flip side, I don't need the HB cover, so I don't feel any real pressure.

I used Falc/CMags/Blade and did pretty well with it - Blade makes the strike tiles, Falcon enhances them, CMags gives a nice outlet for the yellow and some punch when I need it. I still took a lot of damage at times. In general, I find I'm able to make Blade work - Daken has been sitting unused and lonely for some time now. I generally only use him when I a) have an outlet for the green, and b) am not using someone who kills blue on the board.

I switched to HB and IF when I ran low on health packs, that worked pretty well too, but I do think I got lucky.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    I had a blast. Ran CMags, Falcon, Mohawk almost all the way through.

You and pretty much everyone else.

Mags with 12,000 health and doing nearly 8,000 damage with his blue was just so painful. If you didn't have protect tiles out, Storm was going to kill you with hail. If you manage to kill one of them, the other one is still going to hit you pretty hard.

Since my Mags doesn't have his third blue yet, I couldn't use him. My Mohawk is underleveled, so I wasn't using her.

Then there were the Patch/Mags combos. And for some reason it seems like everyone has a very high level 5/5/3 Falcon.

The event was super painful. And why are we repeating Top Gun and Fight Fly Win so close to the last time they were ran?
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I really like falcon in pve, but he's nightmare for pvp. While I did climb to 1k before using my first shield, it took me longer time than it takes with other featured character.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arctic_One wrote:
    The guy who watches water boil?
    The guy who watches paint dry?
    The guy who watches grass grow?
    OMG! this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow and tedious.

i loved it how can you call it slow.. Got 700 pts in 40 mins
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:

The event was super painful. And why are we repeating Top Gun and Fight Fly Win so close to the last time they were ran?

The same reason they have the Independence Vault, for independence day
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,313 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Last Spiderman's PVP was much more tedious. I rocked this one with Magneto and Blade. Blade's "inspired" strike and attack tiles don't give a **** about bird strikes.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had fun. Ran Falcon/Loki/Patch. Patch's extra enemy strike tiles were gobbled up by Redwing or turned into shields by Loki. Chewed through a lot of teams, then got hammered right back down. Ah well.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like everyone was either running Falcon/Mohawk/CMags or Falcon/Patch/Loki. I went after patch/loki before I'd go after mohawk/mags.

Had one bad start with Patch/Loki opponent. First move I get a giant cascade in my favor with match-5's and match-4's at least 4 of them during the cascade... yay? AI loki is half dead, but now there's a **** load of his mischief tiles out there and 1 turn to get rid of them all? I match away 2 next turn, and then AI gets a giant cascade after all the CD tiles resolve, and Patch gets to use both his powers, but AI didn't get enough black for Loki to flip them. I lost Falcon, but Storm and IF finish off loki, patch and Falcon. Rocky start, but Victory!

I did seem to have to use a health pack each fight though, minimum. So used to playing Groot, SW, IF, that I immediately matched blue in the first move, and forgot that I don't want any blue when playing against the AI Falcon... 5 blue covers and my Falcon is helping out the AI Falcon like they're brothers... let me get rid of that CD tile for you buddy so you can get rid another one of Storms Hailstorm Attack tiles or one of IF Strike tiles...
  • Unknown
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    Seems like everyone was either running Falcon/Mohawk/CMags or Falcon/Patch/Loki. I went after patch/loki before I'd go after mohawk/mags.

Personally, I enjoyed Mags/Panther combo and was clocking wins in less than 3 minutes on average. Plus picked up my 3rd elusive Red HB, so had a blast
  • Unknown
    Options
    I had a lot of fun with Squirrel Girl on my team. I let/encouraged the AI to get purple (after I had enough) so when Falcon threw down all those protect tiles, SG pounced, generally a 1-hit KO. Fun times icon_e_smile.gif
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't believe only one person in this thread used Panther.

I ran Patch/Panther. I did matches to get 12 Black, 9 yellow, 9 green and basically bombed the **** out of the other team, my ROTP would hit up to 9K on each team member. The matches went pretty fast. I think people forget just how powerful ROTP is when Panther is boosted.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Options
    I didn't totally hate the pvp, but the matches were pretty slow. I ran with Patch and Loki on the side which is great for when Bird Strike hits. Usually I allow the purple to falcon while collecting black/green and setting up match 4 for the enemy. Keeping Patch up front healing and when bird strike hits, drop Patch's Berserker Rage and then Loki's Trickery. After that, it was just about two moves to done.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't run panther much only because his black is most weakly covered for me.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Surprised there isn't more love for IF + Blade/Daken. Those matches could go exceptionally quickly. I only had to switch to cmags+mohawk like everyone else for defense eventually. Lots of hits this event for some reason.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It wasn't that bad.
    I ran with Mags and Panther, and probably 85% of my matches were over and done within 10 turns.
    I left Falcon to last quite regularly; even let him fire off Bird Strike occasionally. Magneto simply DGAF about birds.