So who is the most annoying defense deterrent?

Comments

• Yeah, the only deterrent is gonna be whoever a person think that they can't handle. You see a lot of IMHB and IF at the top level but those can be defeated easily as well.

How?

I would be interested to know what approach you take with this. I am just now starting to get deep enough with maxed 3*s to have viable boosted teams each week but I still have a long ways to go. I will take on teams with 4* thor and x-force no problem, but other 4*s I tend to shy away from. Not sure if thats me being a wimp or if I am not to that level yet. I would be interested to know how strong of a roster you need to take down IMHB and IF.
    can take down hulkbuster w/ my roster, so can pretty much take anyone
  • For annoyance? Carnage/Devil Dinosaur. Those tiny arms cause no end of frustration, and so cheaply too.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the only deterrent is gonna be whoever a person think that they can't handle. You see a lot of IMHB and IF at the top level but those can be defeated easily as well.

How?

I would be interested to know what approach you take with this. I am just now starting to get deep enough with maxed 3*s to have viable boosted teams each week but I still have a long ways to go. I will take on teams with 4* thor and x-force no problem, but other 4*s I tend to shy away from. Not sure if thats me being a wimp or if I am not to that level yet. I would be interested to know how strong of a roster you need to take down IMHB and IF.

IMHB and Iron Fist aren't impossible to tackle. You just need to make sure that IMHB doesn't get red and IF doesn't get purple (which he turns into black for IMHB to turn into red!) I would got for Iron First first as he will drop faster, and then you can can stop taking damage from that attack tile. And you need someone who can do lots of damage quickly so you don't have too much trouble dropping IMHB. It's not an easy team to face, but it is not impossible if you can fight thorverine (just be ready to retreat if a lucky cascade gives that team and of the colors it needs. retreating will hurt less than being dead)

Note that IMHB/IF gets much much scarier when the third wheel can be cyclops. Then red and black equal a dead character, and purple --> black and yellow + blue + black --> red. It's not a fun team to face.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I skip for 2 reasons
    1: you're worth less than 40 points
    2: I've already hit you in a session, I prefer not to hit the same player repeatedly
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    The only character I will skip 100% is a fully covered Carnage mainly because he is still boosted and deals an annoying amount of damage with his red and black. Luckily only the whales have a maxed Carnage at this point so I rarely see him come up even in high level pvp.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    I skip some teams on long climbs but not hopping of when I'm close to my goal with plenty of health packs left.

But if it comes down to it, ISO is cheap health packs not so.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Wonko33 wrote:

But if it comes down to it, ISO is cheap health packs not so.

Agreed. When I'm grinding the simulator pve event, I take into consideration my remaining heal packs in deciding whether to continue grinding or not. I'm only looking to place top 50 and get a red marvel cover to respec. And in the process I try to remain top 50 per sub to get the hp reward as well.

The remaining heals would be used for pvp events; after all, pve and pvp events are run concurrently and therefore I cannot ignore versus if I wish to remain in my top 100 alliance. icon_lol.gif
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I would imagine Devil Dinosaur and Vision would be a good team to skip. All the animations would take a good 10 minutes to wade through!

On a serious note surprised to not see She Hulk mentioned. She can be devastating.
  • Aidonis wrote:
    I would imagine Devil Dinosaur and Vision would be a good team to skip. All the animations would take a good 10 minutes to wade through!

On a serious note surprised to not see She Hulk mentioned. She can be devastating.
    I think shulkie is definite defensive character, but problem is, normally, the player can 80% beat the AI. Shulkie might increase that chance a bit with her green, but it's a random green and random + random isn't reliable. That being said my Luke Cage + Shulkie + Black panther team(or maybe it was thor instead of luke cage) netted a handful of wins in simulator PVP(not that retaliations matter anymore, yey +1 defensive win icon_rolleyes.gif !!!
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:
    For annoyance? Carnage/Devil Dinosaur. Those tiny arms cause no end of frustration, and so cheaply too.

You have persuaded me to try that out in the Falcon event. My DD is 5/5/3 175, Carnage is 3/1/3 152, so let's get some points on the board, leave that team there and see what happens.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    For annoyance? Carnage/Devil Dinosaur. Those tiny arms cause no end of frustration, and so cheaply too.

You have persuaded me to try that out in the Falcon event. My DD is 5/5/3 175, Carnage is 3/1/3 152, so let's get some points on the board, leave that team there and see what happens.

Let me know how it goes!
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    I've been running Pasodoble/Jazz Hands/Chin Pose in the Simulator just for pure annoyance..
  • If I'm close to 1k I will skil Devil Dino + Thing. The amount of time it takes to bust through that health pool is just stupid.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I'm close to 1k I will skil Devil Dino + Thing. The amount of time it takes to bust through that health pool is just stupid.

I think that IMHB would be better than Dino. IMHB has a much more intimidating set of powers than Dino, which more than makes up for the extra 1k+ of health that and lower cost abilities that dino brings to the table.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

Let me know how it goes!

I climbed and left it for the day at about 550. I have a maxed 5/5/3 Falcon, and in the last 3 hours have had only one attack, a loss, from someone with a maxed Professor X, so someone who wouldn't really care what I had.

For a bit of fun, for SHIELD simulator I busted out my 5/3/5 level 125 Doc Ock. I got some surprising wins, including one for 70 points against a maxed Cage / KK / Cyclops team. I did add a boost for purple, just to kick-start the match. I was thinking that maybe Doc would be better 3/5/5 in this team.

And it was fun.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Moon Roach wrote:

For a bit of fun, for SHIELD simulator I busted out my 5/3/5 level 125 Doc Ock. I got some surprising wins, including one for 70 points against a maxed Cage / KK / Cyclops team. I did add a boost for purple, just to kick-start the match. I was thinking that maybe Doc would be better 3/5/5 in this team.

And it was fun.

Ock is quite deadly against Carnage. I've been steadily adding levels to mine, and hopefully I can bust him out too against a max Carnage team, which I haven't been matched with yet in shield. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that i have an actual roster, Carnage is my only auto-skip.. but in my entire climb to 2k in the Shield Sim, never saw a single one.. have only seen him (outside of his pvp) in the Falcon PVP
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:

And it was fun.

I've been having a blast lately with my new favorite tinker team of Elektra/Patch/Doc Ock. Give that a whirl sometime, its a really fun team to play with icon_e_wink.gif
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    For me... its Professor X For high level PVP, time is critical on hops. I just made a mistake this past event where I fought a Px node and then he got his purple off and I couldnt match it for several turns, then what do you think he did when I matched it? Cast it again. If running a team of players all under 10K, Carnage is also someone I avoid if I can because I think the Red is too cheap and hits hard.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    +1 to skip PX... god forbide that blindspot gets stuck in a corner you can't clear when time is of the essence.