PVE: Simulator (July 2-6)

Options
13»

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Prof X/Scarlet Witch/Doom... Ha ha devs, very funny. Witch's CD tile going off pretty much assures a match 5 which sets off X's passive, also generating enough pink for Witch's AOE. So I'm dead by turn 4.

Any suggestions?

Punisher OBW Cage might work, their color coverage is poor and are relatively slow (and 2 of their 4 colors get doubled dipped by espionage).
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed it is a bit of a troll node. I did with the Hood, Loki and Magneto classic but that's me out now. Got a train to catch so won't be playing it all now. Will be interesting to see where I place missing the entire last day.

Anyway good luck with the rest of this.
  • mr_X
    Options
    Agreed it is a bit of a troll node. I did with the Hood, Loki and Magneto classic but that's me out now. Got a train to catch so won't be playing it all now. Will be interesting to see where I place missing the entire last day.

• mr_X
    Options

• mr_X
    Options

• RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Absolutely ridiculous node, gave it three attempts and wiped pretty quickly each time
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Prof X/Scarlet Witch/Doom... Ha ha devs, very funny. Witch's CD tile going off pretty much assures a match 5 which sets off X's passive, also generating enough pink for Witch's AOE. So I'm dead by turn 4.

Any suggestions?
    honestly I'd suggest NOT doing it - that node is ridic and I literally got so lucky I didn't take match damage and had 5-7 abilities built up to take their team down.

The kill order is Witch > Doom > X, but you're going to get hurt(or prof x will invis) by the end of the match

I took the opposite approach and targeted X > Doom > witch. Matched away witch's countdown or made sure it wasn't near purple. All 3 opponents are slow so as long as you avoid X triggering match 5 you have time to get your colours. I used 2* storm, mag, obw with little dmg several times.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually focused on Doom first thinking that his Purple would be a character-finisher without even considering Professor X's power triggering from a clump instead of a line. But it worked out, the only time I was not able to match away her countdown tile, I had maneuvered it to the bottom-right corner.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sirkatana wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Any suggestions?
    honestly I'd suggest NOT doing it - that node is ridic and I literally got so lucky I didn't take match damage and had 5-7 abilities built up to take their team down.

The kill order is Witch > Doom > X, but you're going to get hurt(or prof x will invis) by the end of the match

I took the opposite approach and targeted X > Doom > witch. Matched away witch's countdown or made sure it wasn't near purple. All 3 opponents are slow so as long as you avoid X triggering match 5 you have time to get your colours. I used 2* storm, mag, obw with little dmg several times.
    I just say Witch first because she's potentially more dangerous and what happens when you get the unmatchable cd tile?

And although Charles has pretty low HP, he doesn't do much until the match is actually over(because u got match 5'd on), and of course doom is slow but powerful.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I went xforce falcon hulk.Attack SW first, letting Doom match all the blue and giving me an endless supply of black. Matching Black got Hulkbombing going. Add in a Bird Strike or 2 and it went fairly easy. Maybe I was lucky too though. Scary node for sure.
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options

Any suggestions?

Well, I finally beat it on my... 8th try? 10th? I lost track... Anyway, I used Hulk/Thor/OBW. Got pretty lucky -- Witch's first couple of CD tiles were easily matched, and when one went off, it only set off a match-4.

My plan was to use Anger to feed CTS, and Widow to steal/heal. The board gave me enough yellow to make Thor happy, and Witch went down to CTS. Doom got his blue off, which made a black match-5, and cast his demons. Down goes Thor, but the demons set off Anger each turn, and the match was well in hand from there.

I got my 2K iso, but I won't be replaying that one.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not playing this for placement but decided to make one clear of the final sub just to see how this plays w/o community scaling.

I can't remember the last time I had essentials this low. Usually I start with 250+, with 330+ in the end - this time my Squirrel node is 159 which makes bringing 2* cap along bearable.

Of course this means the next PVE for real rewards will be a horrible grindfest, but for these optional PVEs it's fun to just grab the ISO.

For the record, my PX/SW/Doom node is 305.
  • Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Community scaling still seems to be on.
    My Sim 7 node went from lvl 230 to lvl 289 without me playing any sim at all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    OK, in keeping with my tradition of bashing the **** out of things I don't like, but being honest about things that work for me...

I think my personal scaling reacted to my series of wipe-outs, only with a long-ish delay.

I basically wrote off my essentials, and ended up going back to them out of boredom, thinking what the heck, maybe I'll throw a few bodies at them for fun...

Well, in the interim, my levels had dropped, like, PRECIPITOUSLY.

One node, previously marked at 154, had dropped below 100.

Weird, and I'm still flummoxed as to how they ended up so high to begin with, but wow, is THAT ever an individual reaction to my character usage and play style...

Good news was, I was able to play and beat it, so all's well that ends well. icon_e_wink.gificon_e_smile.gif

DBC
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Any suggestions?

Might not help you, but I've had great success with 240 Patch/Panther/CMags.

Boost +2 red/yellow and green/black. Get out Battle Plan strike tiles for increased match damage asap and use Polarising Force when you can. Save up green and black for BR plus RotP for ~ 8K to each character. I've done the node four times for the sweet points and only had bad luck once.
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Options
    Grinded Prof X/Scarlet Witch/Doom Node to 0 with Falcon/Patch/Loki and a +2 boost to purple and blue. Make 1 blue match so Falcon can eat up SW CD tile, and 1 purple match to activate Loki's Illusion in case there's a high chance of Match-5 happening. Other than that, just wait for Berserker Rage to over write Doom's traps and Trickery to win the game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Phew. What a ride.

Took 6th overall for my three covers & 100HP and a couple T50s in subs for a bit more of the gold stuff.

Sitting the next one out, but then, who am I kidding. Likely late-starting for T150...

Pssst... Hey you, 1-cover 2* CA. Yeah you. Thanks for helping me win CMarv. Sorry for dumping you less than 10 seconds after the event ended. It just wasn't working out, and I needed the slot... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ^^^ I've got a rotating slot for the junk 2* essential covers. They're always a pretty early progression reward, so if I don't pull one before an event (unlikely) I just wait until I reach that before starting on the nodes. Has never really affected my score that much.