PVE: Simulator (July 2-6)

Options

Comments

• mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Marty17 wrote:
    How the heck do you beat icon_thing.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_hood.png ?
    Patch/Loki, and always target the opponent with the highest health.

That was my strategy first two refeshes. Loki , Patch and KK who is really good as malcrof noted in avoiding those pesky protect/black countdown tiles.

Away sunday/Monday so will just play up until then. Don't have a fully built marvel but not going to lose any sleep there.

Besides at this rate she will be back again before you know it.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:

I used xf, bp, cmag. The key is to trigger rage of panther as much as possible, and use battle plan to speed up the process. thus, bk and yel are your match priorities. Hit hood first, and thing second to avoid triggering his yel protect tile spam.

Add: When I first read Thing's yellow power, I knew we were going to see the jumping jack duo in simulator. I didn't think the devs would put them in for round 1 though. That is pure evil. icon_cry.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    stowaway wrote:
    That's what I used. And after firing off the green/black combo, I got a cascade that had Deadpool and Thing bouncing back and forth in front of each other like ping pong balls.
    Full disclosure, I had the same thing happen on my first attempt. So I smacked myself in the face and stuck to matches at the top of the board the next time through.
  • pelaospeed
    pelaospeed Posts: 16
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:

Hi men... I used Storm star.pngstar.pngstar.png , magneto star.pngstar.pngstar.png and falcon star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Very nice...
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:

I used icon_daken.pngicon_blade.pngicon_falcon.png

Can't rely on AP with Hood around. Had to sacrifice Falcon halfway through the match.
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:

I tried Patch/Loki with a few different thirds (LDaken, CMags, Spidey) yesterday along with a few runs of 2*Storm/MnMags/MHawkeye (they surprisingly came the closest) but I always lost Loki or Patch too early. A lot depends on the board, but the Patch/Loki combo was (as many have said) key...but you MUST start with match damage at Hood, then once you have enough green/black for Berzerker Rage/Trickery, target Deadpool to trigger Thing's yellow, then use Trickery to make his protects into Strikes...it's a tough @$$ node though...
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Round 2, not as bad, mainly essentials are a bit tricky now with icon_thing.pngicon_lukecage.pngicon_mystique.png
  • Minox
    Minox Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any ideas for OBW/cyclops/carnage node?

I have a 2* roster that is essentially maxed and limited 3* support.
    I take out OBW first then try to kill cyclips but he always takes me out first. Been trying Storm/Magneto/Cap Marvel all 2*...
    Also, shouldn't the level of the node go down as I wipe repeatedly?

Thanks for the help!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just finished up PVE Sim Subevent 1 in my stream. Black Panther + Iron Fist still works as well as it did last time Black Panther was powered up. Also powered up Patch. Also powered up Magneto. Praise Shuma Gorath y'all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Minox wrote:
    Any ideas for OBW/cyclops/carnage node?

I have a 2* roster that is essentially maxed and limited 3* support.
    I take out OBW first then try to kill cyclips but he always takes me out first. Been trying Storm/Magneto/Cap Marvel all 2*...
    Also, shouldn't the level of the node go down as I wipe repeatedly?

Thanks for the help!

Should? In theory, yes. In practice? 3 wipes later on my end, that's a no.

DBC
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Apologies for double post...

Anyone know if that opening node on the first/main/front page sticks around after the first sub ends?

Wondering if I should grind it out or leave it.

TIA!

Edit: nm, figured it out.

DBC
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Yawn, more Capt. Marvel rewards and more Falcon rewards as progression. Two PVE's will be sitting un-opened in my events queue I guess.

You have to bear in mind, what may be a "yawn" for some, the devs also have to appeal to an audience of game players in the 0-300 days stretch, who could very much USE the icon_caroldanvers.png and icon_falcon.png covers. The long-term players get to chase Carnage and Thing which is is yawn-inducing to newer players who aren't going to want to devote a roster slot to a 4-star character they have little to no chance of picking up a second or 3 rd cover for until months down the road.

I'm at day 342 and I really needed the last progression award, now I have Falcon fully covered! YES!

Captainmarvel, meh, I won't kick that cover out of bed for eating crackers but I don't really care.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Finished up Simulator Round 2 on my stream if anyone wants to see the lay of the land, Simulation 6 is much harder than 7(Gimmick Hulkbuster node)
  • Unknown
    Options
    OK, so 9 health packs later (anytime my scaling wants to drop...), I cannot figure out the Falcon essential in the second sub. I think it's Blade, Magneto, and Gamora? Yeah, that's it.

Help?

DBC
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OK, so 9 health packs later (anytime my scaling wants to drop...), I cannot figure out the Falcon essential in the second sub. I think it's Blade, Magneto, and Gamora? Yeah, that's it.

Help?

DBC
    I use Patch, Daken, Falcon. I take out Blade first primarily with match damage, maybe a Chemical Reaction and wait until I have enough to do Beserker Rage into Best There Is to take care of the other two. Priority is red/green > yellow > blue.
  • Unknown
    Options
    meekersX wrote:

Help?

DBC
    I use Patch, Daken, Falcon. I take out Blade first primarily with match damage, maybe a Chemical Reaction and wait until I have enough to do Beserker Rage into Best There Is to take care of the other two. Priority is red/green > yellow > blue.

Thanks for the response!

Yeah, I realized last night that I've got to remember that a boosted 3* with 2 covers is merely a **** character with more health.

Ended up using 2* Daken and Patch, as you suggested, and between the Strike & Protect Tiles it went pretty well...

"Trivial" though? Mmm, no.

DBC
  • winter37
    winter37 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    This was a rough one for transition players. I don't have any of the featured characters covered past more than 7 or so, and I can't remember wiping so much in an event. But I'm going to just barely get the Falcon cover, and I'm good with that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just finished up 3rd subevent in my stream, that last node is tough(and I got lucky finishing it without taking damage) and since I reached max prog, can now ignore this event icon_e_smile.gif.
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Prof X/Scarlet Witch/Doom... Ha ha devs, very funny. Witch's CD tile going off pretty much assures a match 5 which sets off X's passive, also generating enough pink for Witch's AOE. So I'm dead by turn 4.

Any suggestions?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Prof X/Scarlet Witch/Doom... Ha ha devs, very funny. Witch's CD tile going off pretty much assures a match 5 which sets off X's passive, also generating enough pink for Witch's AOE. So I'm dead by turn 4.

Any suggestions?
    honestly I'd suggest NOT doing it - that node is ridic and I literally got so lucky I didn't take match damage and had 5-7 abilities built up to take their team down.

The kill order is Witch > Doom > X, but you're going to get hurt(or prof x will invis) by the end of the match