Patch Notes - R79 (07/08/15)

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    How about that fix for Android that we've been waiting for, it's been a month now since we could play? I see there's nothing mentioned about that. Yippee for Ant-Man, though. Pfft.
    i can play on 2 androids just fine

I was under the impression the last patch fixed this issue. If you're still having issues, you should create a Customer Support ticket as soon as possible.
  • I was under the impression the last patch fixed this issue. If you're still having issues, you should create a Customer Support ticket as soon as possible.[/quote]

I've had a ticket in for quite a while now, I was asked not to reply to any more emails I've been sent. Waiting to see if R78.1 fixes this issue finally. I'm glad some players can play on multiple Android devices. I can't. Many other players are in the same boat. I think a month without a fix and barely any communication from the devs is a little much to ask from a company that claims to strive to provide the best gaming experience and support around, but that's just me, I guess.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    There are tonnnnns of Android players who haven't been able to play for weeks and weeks, now. And I'm sure many of them have tickets in.

Clearly, no one knows what's wrong or how to fix it.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    There are tonnnnns of Android players who haven't been able to play for weeks and weeks, now. And I'm sure many of them have tickets in.

Yes, despite beliefs to the contrary, I am not alone in this issue, though I know a few Android players who are unaffected. It's been over a month since I could play, I'm completely frustrated, and at this point, I'm wondering why I'm still waiting for a fix...chalk it up to not wanting to throw away all that work I did building my roster. As each day passes without the game being repaired, I see less and less reason to continue waiting.
  • TLCstormz wrote:

Yes, despite beliefs to the contrary, I am not alone in this issue, though I know a few Android players who are unaffected. It's been over a month since I could play, I'm completely frustrated, and at this point, I'm wondering why I'm still waiting for a fix...chalk it up to not wanting to throw away all that work I did building my roster. As each day passes without the game being repaired, I see less and less reason to continue waiting.
    U can play on Andy the android emulator, and also, if this is anything like the dreaded lollipop update where we had to wait for a fix for like 2 weeks, it might be a while
  • raisinbman wrote:
    U can play on Andy the android emulator, and also, if this is anything like the dreaded lollipop update where we had to wait for a fix for like 2 weeks, it might be a while[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion, but I really don't see myself installing another app just so I can play MPQ. The game worked just fine up to the minute I installed R77 and has not worked since. It isn't an issue on this end, it's something D3 did in one form or another. Today marks thirty days since I saw anything past the Hulkbuster/Vision loading screen.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    U can play on Andy the android emulator, and also, if this is anything like the dreaded lollipop update where we had to wait for a fix for like 2 weeks, it might be a while

Thanks for the suggestion, but I really don't see myself installing another app just so I can play MPQ. The game worked just fine up to the minute I installed R77 and has not worked since. It isn't an issue on this end, it's something D3 did in one form or another. Today marks thirty days since I saw anything past the Hulkbuster/Vision loading screen.[/quote]

30 days, huh?

Man, if I could put this game down for 30 days, I'd steel myself, delete it, and enjoy the rest of my life... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • raisinbman wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I really don't see myself installing another app just so I can play MPQ. The game worked just fine up to the minute I installed R77 and has not worked since. It isn't an issue on this end, it's something D3 did in one form or another. Today marks thirty days since I saw anything past the Hulkbuster/Vision loading screen.

30 days, huh?

Man, if I could put this game down for 30 days, I'd steel myself, delete it, and enjoy the rest of my life... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC[/quote]

You've got a good point, man. I know others have quit already. I'm seriously considering it myself, but I've got about six months into building my roster, and it's getting pretty good. That aside, I actually do still enjoy playing the game. I really don't want to quit, but at some point, I fear I'll have to face reality. That's sad.

• 30 days, huh?

DBC

You've got a good point, man. I know others have quit already. I'm seriously considering it myself, but I've got about six months into building my roster, and it's getting pretty good. That aside, I actually do still enjoy playing the game. I really don't want to quit, but at some point, I fear I'll have to face reality. That's sad.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore parts of MPQ (DDQ being one obvious example), but the grind gets crushing at times, to the point where I feel almost like I'm being punished for trying to enjoy playing with any kind of intent.

As for quitting, yeah. Whole T100 alliances are drying up, my alliance just lost THREE long-time (year+) commanders inside of a week, another T100 alliance I contemplated joining when I thought mine was dying vanished...

The bones of the game are just SOOO GOOD, but between the grind, the 20ISO rewards, the ridiculously low odds on Tokens, the roster slots being something you actually have to pay for, the scarcity of HP for anyone investing anything less than the workload of a second job, etc., etc... it gets tough sometimes.

I'm at roughly Day 615 and hoping to finally fully cover one of my 3*s in the upcoming months, so I'm in at least until then, and then I'll reevaluate.

Not sure if you've checked out Marvel Future Fight, but it is quite the breath of fresh air. Only real problem is it's not match 3.

Good luck!

DBC

• 30 days, huh?

DBC

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore parts of MPQ (DDQ being one obvious example), but the grind gets crushing at times, to the point where I feel almost like I'm being punished for trying to enjoy playing with any kind of intent.

As for quitting, yeah. Whole T100 alliances are drying up, my alliance just lost THREE long-time (year+) commanders inside of a week, another T100 alliance I contemplated joining when I thought mine was dying vanished...

The bones of the game are just SOOO GOOD, but between the grind, the 20ISO rewards, the ridiculously low odds on Tokens, the roster slots being something you actually have to pay for, the scarcity of HP for anyone investing anything less than the workload of a second job, etc., etc... it gets tough sometimes.

I'm at roughly Day 615 and hoping to finally fully cover one of my 3*s in the upcoming months, so I'm in at least until then, and then I'll reevaluate.

Not sure if you've checked out Marvel Future Fight, but it is quite the breath of fresh air. Only real problem is it's not match 3.

Good luck!

DBC
    Yes, I've looked into Future Fight as well as Conquest of Champions. FF isn't compatible with my device, nor is CoC. An upgrade is in order. Consequently, I'm relegated to playing Bejeweled Blitz in a sad attempt to satisfy my MPQ craving while I wait for a fix that didn't appear to be coming. =/
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tried installing the patch today, and the game just freezes on start-up every single time. It doesn't even get to the HB / Vision loading screen, it's just black.

Fortunately my phone is rooted and I rolled back to R78, and everything is fine again, but that probably won't last long.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Wasn't the update supposed to fix the "game inserts random characters, instead of ones previously used" bug?
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Wasn't the update supposed to fix the "game inserts random characters, instead of ones previously used" bug?

I still get Venom trying to take Juggs place in DPDQ. He isn't very sneaky about it though. Brazenly, front and center.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The update that went live yesterday is not R79. It's apparently a stability fix for some Android phones that have been unable to load the game, which is substantial but if you check your help section you'll see that the version number is still R78.
  • I am constantly getting disconnected since the patch. Sometimes I am unable to reconnect for several minutes. It just keeps saying "Check internet connection" when I have wifi and 4G and they are both working fine. Right now I've been unable to connect for about half an hour. Right in the middle of a tournament, yay! I had no problems before.

Edit: Make that an hour and a half...
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    The latest patched installed (automatically) a few hours ago and now I'm stuck at the CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION screen now!
    I was playing fine on my Note 3 Lollipop. Not cool.
  • I was finally able to connect after 8 hours. Yay, I missed the end of Top Gun! icon_neutral.gif
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    I just got the update for Android and now the game keeps telling me to get the update that I've already installed.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    I just got the update for Android and now the game keeps telling me to get the update that I've already installed.
    Same , forced update prompt, nothing available, can't bypass
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    fmftint wrote:
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    Same , forced update prompt, nothing available, can't bypass

I had the same problem. I went to 'play store' then 'my apps' and it appeared in the list of updates available. Had to do an 'update all' to install it.