Patch Notes - R79 (07/08/15)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
A thief redeemed.

What's Happening:
- Assemble your favorite team and battle in a special event to win the newest Super Hero... Ant-Man!
- Versus action featuring Captain Marvel and Thing!

What Got Better:
- Fixed a bug where the game was not remembering the last character selection after using characters that were given to the player.
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to leave the mission menu if they left their device idle for more than 5 minutes.
- Fixed a bug where Vision’s Density: Light and Density: Heavy tiles were not being destroyed correctly when locked.
- Fixed a bug where tiles had erroneous numbers after Countdown tiles were being shuffled on the board.
- Deadpool’s Life of the Party and The Thing’s Rock Solid ability can now be activated off the single target damage of Thor’s Call the Storm ability.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Hey, whoa, no. Life of the Party on Call the Storm? Nonononononono.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gambit? star.pngstar.pngstar.png
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi there, Mr. Lang!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gambit? star.pngstar.pngstar.png

Ant-Man in the movie is a thief instead of a scientist like in the comics, I believe.
  • binarypillbug
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    Ant-Man in the movie is a thief instead of a scientist like in the comics, I believe.

One of the Ant-Men in the comics started as a thief.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:

Indeed
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello MPQ fans - it's time to take a look at what's planned for the R79 Update!
    (As always, anything listed below is subject to change before release.)

A thief redeemed.

What's Happening:
    - Versus action featuring Captain Marvel and Thing!

What Got Better:
    - Deadpool’s Life of the Party and The Thing’s Rock Solid ability can now be activated off the single target damage of Thor’s Call the Storm Ability.

So, if you don't target Deadpool or Thing with Call the Storm, they will jump in front to tank it because it does a single damage and then an AoE? Are there any other abilities like that?

"A thief redeemed"... if only there were some obvious release that everyone already knew about that explained this clue... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Deadpool jumps in front whenever Ms. Marvel does Bring out the Best
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

He does? Why?
  • saintsomebody
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

He does? Why?

He thinks he's the best, obviously. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:

So, if you don't target Deadpool or Thing with Call the Storm, they will jump in front to tank it because it does a single damage and then an AoE? Are there any other abilities like that?

Carnage is a similar case, I think. The wording might be different, but I feel that Thor and Carnage should behave the same way here.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is seriously too bad that in the comics, Scott Lang, starting in October, is going to be a Super-Villain, and not a temporary for this one story type thing.. he is going back to being a thief, and from the preview, some collateral damage sends him on a much darker path.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How about that fix for Android that we've been waiting for, it's been a month now since we could play? I see there's nothing mentioned about that. Yippee for Ant-Man, though. Pfft.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Indeed

In fact two of them did, but Eric O'Grady isn't a "redeemed" anything. It's right in the title of his comic!
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

Indeed

In fact two of them did, but Eric O'Grady isn't a "redeemed" anything. It's right in the title of his comic!

Well, scott is right there with him now.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2015/06/scott-lang-to-lead-all-new-all-different-ant-man.html
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

That cover makes me think he's going "Thunderbolts" with this, and we're going to see him trying to reform a group of D-list villains.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

That cover makes me think he's going "Thunderbolts" with this, and we're going to see him trying to reform a group of D-list villains.

well the spoiler was "paved with best intentions"

hoping he goes darkside.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like you're overlooking the fingers crossed thing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How about that fix for Android that we've been waiting for, it's been a month now since we could play? I see there's nothing mentioned about that. Yippee for Ant-Man, though. Pfft.
    i can play on 2 androids just fine
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:

Carnage is a similar case, I think. The wording might be different, but I feel that Thor and Carnage should behave the same way here.

I can confirm that DP is already jumping in front on Carnage.