PVE Community Scaling Update

124»

Comments

• Wil88
    Wil88 Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Wil88 wrote:
    So if community scaling is turned off why did my Sim7 node go up 20 levels overnight?

There is still personal scaling. If you beat a node, and the computer determines you need more of a challenge, it raises the NPC levels for you. But, if I beat it easily, it doesn't raise your node levels, that is community scaling.

There should be no personal scaling as I played no nodes overnight. It went up without me playing any nodes in the simulator at all. In fact it has gone up another 7 levels since my initial post.

That would seem to me to be community scaling. Unless there is something else I'm missing.

I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing this in an event where community scaling is supposed to be turned off.
  • Wil88 wrote:
    So if community scaling is turned off why did my Sim7 node go up 20 levels overnight?
    ask D3, obviously community scaling is off at this point but they've been so mum about it....no one who's not D3 knows.

I know my Sim7 went up after I beat the rest of the nodes
  • I realy dont like this community / personal scalling , like it works in simulator now.

If I get it right, when I cleare simulation: sim1, sim2, sim3 easly... it may have impact, on how hard sim7 will be?

if it does, then something should be fixed...
  • I know one thing, after 4 different teams wiping (with boosts the last time icon_eek.gif ) on one of my essentials marked "trivial," whether or not community scaling is on or off, personal scaling is still terribly out of line with my reality...

On that note, it would be great if my roster could at least hope to attempt a match marked "normal." Facing enemies sometimes 100 levels above my best characters sure doesn't feel "normal."

I suspect it might have something to do with boosted characters? If that's the case, perhaps D3 needs to consider the relative value/power/sustainability of a level 100+ friendly with 1 cover? Here's a hint, there isn't much of any of the three afore-mentioned qualities.

If I'm taking a seriously **** 1-cover hero into a fight, he/she is essentially non-existent, and it would be great to not have my matches scaled to their level, considering the relative weakness of both the other two remaining characters.

DBC
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also noticed some nodes going up in difficulty overnight. Not as drastically as I've noticed previously with community scaling turned ON, which makes me wonder if there might be some kind of a timer - as the event progresses, it gets a little harder, but it's no longer being combined with the COMMUNITY JUST GROUND YOU OUT OF BEING ABLE TO PLAY HA HA HA nonsense that was going on before.

Some nodes have also dropped in difficulty at the same time, so...who knows.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    I hope folks don't think they are placing/doing well in the PVEs because community scaling is turned off. A lot of it has to do with the reward being garbage, so nobody is competing.

Everyone will get a taste of the real deal now it seems. Let's see how everyone likes it...

"the reward being garbage"? 3* Captain Marvel is not garbage for most players. Of course, for an elitist like yourself, maybe you all ready have her maxed. But the serfs like me are still building our roster... Which is what PvE is for.

"Nobody"? Really? I see plenty of full brackets, so there has to be someone else besides me and those in my alliance playing. If you're not, good for you. Enjoy whatever else you do to occupy your time, and let the rest of us play this game for fun.

Garbage was defining captain marvel as an old cover, so less people will be playing because they may already have her. There is a vast difference between these pves and ones for new characters, if you don't understand that then I don't know what to say.

I don't appreciate your personal attacks either. I could say your opinions and the tone you deliver them in make you a (childish name calling here) but I believe in manners on these forums.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Dauthi wrote:
    I don't appreciate your personal attacks either. I could say your opinions and the tone you deliver them in make you a (childish name calling here) but I believe in manners on these forums.

Sorry I hurt your feelings, Dauthi. I will try to be more sensitive in the future.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Top 25 should be impossible for those rosters now that 1k points sometimes doesn't even get you top 25. And yeah, forget about the 4* cover at 1k. Not to mention that once they go over 600, they will be seeing maxed teams with a Health pool of 30k+ that will be very hard to defeat and that will eat them back like candy. Not achieving high scores in PVP will also diminish their likelihood of being in a top 100 alliance, missing dozens of rewards.

Sacrificing PVP to PVE seems like a losing proposition to me; In PVE you can earn up to 5 covers (but more realistically 3-4) with 3/4/7 days of effort. If you have a competitive PVP team, on the other hand, you are likely to get 3-4 3* covers PLUS one 4* every 2.5 days.

You say that, but let me show you ICE-X's recent post and bracket.
    From
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31041

1LlnuPQ.png

So Like I said before these "FIXED at level 94" teams can make top 25 when they can't even be seen and touched by the higher ups. Look at that final bracket. Not one person even shielded. Look at the top 10 score. It is only 653 points. Do you really need more proof?
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Top 25 should be impossible for those rosters now that 1k points sometimes doesn't even get you top 25.
    You're assuming players with lv94 rosters are ending up in the same brackets as you. Bad assumption.

I seem to be stalling out in the 800s in PVP, while a member of my alliance, who is soft capping at 120 is tearing to 1k easily... so, small issue there.

Less of an issue is the actual scaling question.

I asked for advice, mainly because of that stall, on who to level to what, or if it was time to start bringing people to 166. So i started the leveling, now have 5 chars at 154 (need 30k iso each to bring to 166, waiting until i can bring 3)

Needless to say, my PVE's scaled much higher and i am in brackets with the likes of Puerto Rico etc...

But you know what? Currently sitting top 10 in Venom Heroic, whilst prior when i was in brackets with those who had soft capped at 100 or so, i struggled for top 50.

With community scaling off, it now makes even more sense to level and not soft cap your roster, at least in PVE. PVP just keeps getting harder.

I am getting the impression that people have no clue what community scaling is. It is NOT based on the levels of others. It is based on how many kill a certain NODE and how many points will be given for that node to other people who are LATE starters as well as the difficulty rating. Community scaling rewarded LATE starters.

Personal scaling is a different story all together. A fully covered three star or four star character fixed at level 94, tears through the PVE because the PVE is scaled down to the players levels. I have seen these "Fixed at level 94" teams WIN PVE brackets.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2015
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Top 25 should be impossible for those rosters now that 1k points sometimes doesn't even get you top 25. And yeah, forget about the 4* cover at 1k. Not to mention that once they go over 600, they will be seeing maxed teams with a Health pool of 30k+ that will be very hard to defeat and that will eat them back like candy. Not achieving high scores in PVP will also diminish their likelihood of being in a top 100 alliance, missing dozens of rewards.

Sacrificing PVP to PVE seems like a losing proposition to me; In PVE you can earn up to 5 covers (but more realistically 3-4) with 3/4/7 days of effort. If you have a competitive PVP team, on the other hand, you are likely to get 3-4 3* covers PLUS one 4* every 2.5 days.

From

1LlnuPQ.png

So Like I said before these "FIXED at level 94" teams can make top 25 when they can't even be seen and touched by the higher ups. Look at that final bracket. Not one person even shielded. Look at the top 10 score. It is only 653 points. Do you really need more proof?

IceX noted that the reason it was like this is it was a late bracket. He started (2 hours?) before the end. I have done the same, I call them "sprint brackets" if you are lucky enough to get them. Everyone starts late and gets as much points as possible in that small amount of time (kinda fun). Nobody needs shields for the same reason nobody ever needs shields at those point totals. You don't get attacked with such low points.
    Pylgrim wrote:

You would think, but it is still common practice in top PVE alliances. What does this prove? It is an advantage up until the point you gain enough ISO to push the best characters to 166. This doesn't mean everyone is smart enough to weigh the consequences and benefits.

It also proves that low level rosters have an advantage in PVE, which is pretty backwards in the grand scheme of things.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

From

1LlnuPQ.png

Come on.
    This was a late bracket in the final 90 minutes.
    That has nothing to do with people being protected from better rosters.
    Check out Ice's roster in Django - he does have a few 166, he doesn't have a newbie roster.

Anyone can snipe a fresh bracket in the end, and of course people won't shield if they're scrambling for points until the last minute.
  • And just as i said "Thank God, no nodes with goons feeding heroes their color powers"... Muscles feeding Hood yellow, who also steals. Yea, Hood is super squishy, but when that 17 AP Twin Pistols fired so early in that match when he also matched yellow, that felt absurdly cheap.

Thankfully, only happened once and didn't happened again, but damn, screw that.

One thing D3 should look into is the match length...some seemed to last forever when hero/goons have tons of health, not fun, even with community scaling off.