PVE Heroic: Venom (29 June - 3 July)

Options

Comments

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ok, folks: I'm bricking against the Daken/Cyclops/goon node. Suggestions based on my roster?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Ok, folks: I'm bricking against the Daken/Cyclops/goon node. Suggestions based on my roster?

MoStorm / DD / Falcon

DD can cancel out and do damage off dakens strikes, if you can get a hailstorm off, falcon will continue making things stronger each yellow match.

Go for black and red quickly, blue if you can

Keep Cyc stunned as much as possible with DD, deny black and use it with Storm to hail them, over and over if possible.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

MoStorm / DD / Falcon

DD can cancel out and do damage off dakens strikes, if you can get a hailstorm off, falcon will continue making things stronger each yellow match.

Go for black and red quickly, blue if you can

Keep Cyc stunned as much as possible with DD, deny black and use it with Storm to hail them, over and over if possible.

Falcon isn't available in the second sub. icon_e_sad.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    reading this just makes me more glad I decided to take this one off. could use a falcon purple and a spidey blue, but they aren't critical.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Went thru Venom Heroic: Sticky Situation on my stream,

it's weird how 3*Iron Man is only powered up like 10 levels? I swear that's a bug, not that it matters much

Sticky Situation is pretty fair without scaling, but loki being in all the nodes hurts your ability to outrace goons. Which you need to do vs muscles. Also, trying to do that Thing essential is a nightmare...
  • Unknown
    Options
    playing this one easy -- going for spidey and top 100, though even if i don't get top 100 i won't care that much.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    They have perfect rainbow coverage.
    I took in 2* Thor/2* Ms. Marvel/IM35 and wiped pretty quickly after failing to effectively deal with a countdown tile that was impossible to reach.
    Didn't down anyone as I ate rocket, Cyclops blasted Thor & Daken Chemical Reaction took out IM35 the next turn and then Cyclops took out Ms. Marvel with a Full Blast.
    All of this before I had enough AP to do anything since the AI always seemed to accumulate AP with miracle tile drops of the exact colors it needs to kill me.
    I thought I'd just play for only the progressions as I don't need the Falcon covers but even for casual play this Heroic's limited roster is utter garbage and highly frustrating.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Daken/Cyclops/Goon, you absolutely have to switch targets and focus down Cyclops ASAP. I made the mistake of taking in Ms Marvel the first time. Thought I'd use her yellow to create a bunch of TU tiles and then they'd cascade out. They created, made one match 3, then next turn Cyclops went "MUTANT REVOLUTION" and it was just tears.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Daken Cyclops goon node if you have a decent Hood you can just starve them of ap. But that is easier said if you don't.

Unless your lucky with the available selection of characters heroics can suck. Kinda pays to have a big roster with these.

Anyway hope OBW is back in next sub. With her being an expert goon fighter an all.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The Thing node in Rescue Mary Jane is brutal. Alien Instincts followed by Symbiote Scythes followed by Alien Instincts ad nauseum. I lasted barely a minute, got 1.7 goons and didn't make a dent in Carnage.

It's annoying that his Alien Instincts is triggered by Symbiote Scythes. My cat looked up at my cursing, and I'm sure that triggered Alien Instincts as well.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:

Try KK, DD/Cpt. Marvel, 2*Thor
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    mr_X wrote:

Unless your lucky with the available selection of characters heroics can suck. Kinda pays to have a big roster with these.

Yes it pays extremely well to have a big roster. Since I have every cover/color in the game, I can do fairly well in heroics. Cleared fully using just 3 heals.

For the normal nodes in sub 2, starting w/ cyclops, I used IM40, Kamala, Punisher. It has rainbow coverage, very high health characters, damage from bk, red, gr, and blue. Your pinks/yels are batteries. Awesome combo for sub 2.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    mr_X wrote:

Yes it pays extremely well to have a big roster. Since I have every cover/color in the game, I can do fairly well in heroics. Cleared fully using just 3 heals.

For the normal nodes in sub 2, starting w/ cyclops, I used IM40, Kamala, Punisher. It has rainbow coverage, very high health characters, damage from bk, red, gr, and blue. Your pinks/yels are batteries. Awesome combo for sub 2.
    Yeah. I tried that combo and wiped three times in a row & the node is rated "Easy". Utter **** with the AI accumulating all the AP it needs.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How on Earth do I beat The Odd Trio lvl224/225 icon_carnage.pngicon_venom.pngicon_doctoroctopus.png ?!
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Final Sub:

Thing Essential: Carnage Muscle Muscle
    Hard Node #2: Carnage Muscle Lieutenant
    Hard Node #3: Carnage Venom Doc Oc

Carnage is not a fun character and shouldn't be used so much, especially in a heroic. The fact that its in the final sub is even more ****. The stakes aren't too high in this PvE but doing this for a new character would be ****. It doesn't matter how well you play, it comes down to how much money you want to spend in the final sub since those points are significantly higher than the previous ones.
  • The Gunslinger
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Final Sub:
    It makes sense why Carnage would pop up in this PVE and with other Spidey villains, but why oh why did they feel the need to pair him with goons? Goons that can team heal and lay down monster strike tiles, nonetheless.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    those sound like gauntlet higher end nodes, not heroic nodes.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Final Sub:
    It makes sense why Carnage would pop up in this PVE and with other Spidey villains, but why oh why did they feel the need to pair him with goons? Goons that can team heal and lay down monster strike tiles, nonetheless.

This starts for me in 5 or so hours.. at least i can get ready for it. Doc Oc w/ carnage, looks like DD and his baton will have some stunning to do.. hood's black to make it sorta perma while gathering green and purple for Kamala.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    Final Sub:

He's only in the hard nodes, not in the easy ones. If he was in 1 easy and 1 hard that would be fine but putting him in the worst ones (especially against a low covered new 4*) is a **** move.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sub 3 is the devs' way of saying "Turn off your damn phone, and enjoy the weekend"