* Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers) *

Unknown
edited August 2015 in Character Details
icon_yelena.png Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers) - 1*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Lethal Recon
Power Cost - 13 purpletile.png

Yelena goes undercover to damage her opponents and undermines the enemy’s plans.

Power Level 1 - Steals 2 yellowtile.png, bluetile.png, redtile.png and greentile.png and deals 31 damage.
    Power Level 2 - Steals 3 yellowtile.png, bluetile.png, redtile.png and greentile.png. Costs 2 purpletile.png more.
    Power Level 3 - Also steals 3 blacktile.png. Costs 1 purpletile.png more.
    Power Level 4 - Steals 4 yellowtile.png, bluetile.png, redtile.png, greentile.png and blacktile.png. Costs 2 purpletile.png more.
    Power Level 5 - Also steals 4 purpletile.png. Costs 1 purpletile.png more.

Character Level 40:
      Power Level 5 - Steals 4 yellowtile.png, bluetile.png, redtile.png, greentile.png, blacktile.png and purpletile.png and deals 275 damage.

Payback Mission
      Power Cost - 13 blacktile.png

The enemy may have thought they were in control, but Yelena's plans for revenge have been put into motion.

Power Level 1 – Changes 1 enemy-owned special tiles into a whitecrit.png and deals 31 damage.
        Power Level 2 - 34 damage.
        Power Level 3 - 37 damage.
        Power Level 4 - 40 damage.
        Power Level 5 - 2 enemy-owned special tiles into whitecrit.png.

Character Level 40:
          Power Level 5 - Changes 2 enemy-owned special tiles into whitecrit.png and deals 358 damage.

Last Major Update: 2013

Original Post:
          [anchor=yelena1]Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers Widow)[/anchor]
          1 Star Rarity (Common) Discussion link
          At Max Level: HP: 1540 Tile damage: 6/7/19/25/7/22
            Lethal Recon - Purple 13 AP
            Yelena goes undercover to damage her opponents. She steals Yellow, Blue, Red, and Green AP, undermining the enemy's plans and doing 31 damage.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Steals 3 AP. Costs 2 AP more. Level 3: Also steals Black AP. Costs 1 AP more. Level 4: Steals 4 AP. Costs 2 AP more. Level 5: Also steals Purple AP. Costs 1 AP more.
            Max Level: 275 damage
              Payback Mission - Black 13 AP
              The enemy may have thought they were in control, but Yelena's plans for revenge have been put into motion. Turns one enemy-owned special tile into a Critical tile and hits the target for 31 damage.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: 34 damage. Level 3: 37 damage. Level 4: 40 damage. Level 5: Turns 2 tiles to Critical tiles.
              Max Level: 358 damage

Comments

• She was level ~110 in the Heroic event and still completely harmless. I think that's all you need to know about this character.

I actually like her black ability though.
              • Yeah, her black skill can be painful if you don't pay attention. I was playing against her once in SHIELD Training, she fired her skill on my Wolverine's strike tiles and suddenly I am hit with double crit icon_e_surprised.gif

As for the purple skill, the only difference from BW Modern is some puny damage at cost of 3AP. I would prefer no damage and less AP, I know it would both skills identical then, but currently Yelena really doesn't have anything good about her.
              • Haha I was just thinking of selling her this morning! All she does is collect dust in my precious cover slots!
              • She was level ~110 in the Heroic event and still completely harmless. I think that's all you need to know about this character.

Her level was 110 but did she actually have max skills? A lot of the villains in the Heroic Jug tourney did not have max skills (Ragnarock did not have 2AP Thunderclap for example even though he was level 100+). Not saying that Yelena is useful but max skills can make a big difference.
              • Bottom line, she's not good.

I would rather have level cap on pretty much any other character in the game than her. Even Bag-Man is gonna have higher match-3 damage...
              • Not sure if this is an oversight or by design, but I just realized during a pvp fight that payback mission, which is supposed to convert enemy special tiles to critical tiles, doesn't work against Venom's web tiles.
              • turul
                turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
                I think web tiles are considered neutral.
                Enemy created web tiles are counted too, if you use a related ability.
              • Dayv
                Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
                Web tiles *should* be neutral (they don't have an owning team and either team's abilities can benefit from them), but it's inconsistent. AI-controlled Moonstone will move web tiles, for example.
              • Unknown
                edited February 2014
                I'm guessing by the lack of discussion that I already have my answer, but I drew a cover of her from a token and I was wondering if it was worth opening a spot for her? (AKA has she been positively balanced since November? I only started playing a few weeks ago).
              • NorthernPolarity
                NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
                I'm guessing by the lack of discussion that I already have my answer, but I drew a cover of her from a token and I was wondering if it was worth opening a spot for her? (AKA has she been positively balance since November? I only started playing a few weeks ago).

She is pretty useless: get rid of her ASAP.
              • Does she ever show up in tournaments as a partner character? I might consider ditching Bagman for her, in that case.
              • NorthernPolarity
                NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
                Does she ever show up in tournaments as a partner character? I might consider ditching Bagman for her, in that case.

I've never seen her show up as one: Bagman's been buffed more than her.
              • Sadly she is not even 'good' enough for my tank team now, with it being a little more difficult to get them out there now she lost her spot to a level 15 Patch icon_lol.gif
              • hurcules
                hurcules Posts: 519
                There were Dark Avengers and No Man's Land tournaments where she could be used.
              • ...except one-one cares enough. You won't find any "Let's fix Yelena" threads here.

She is THE bottom character in the game. And nobody minds at all. After all, somebody has to be "The Worst" character. Might as well be her.
              • She did some damage to me in the PvP. Her Payback Mission can be deadly, but it was really more because I was playing sloppy. If her skills were just a little cheaper, I think she'd be more viable.
              • Arogntbastrd
                Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
                altlover85 wrote:
                She did some damage to me in the PvP. Her Payback Mission can be deadly, but it was really more because I was playing sloppy. If her skills were just a little cheaper, I think she'd be more viable.

I don't know about "deadly" annoying yes but you have to remember you can only lvl her up to 40 so those annoyances she was able to dish out in the venom heroic aren't what you'd be getting

I personally think you just want to team up yelena with that max mstorm you've sent after me. I know she's out there just waiting to find me in the desert one of these days...
              • I've had a traumatic experience in a venom heroic with a scaled yelena and the hammer goons when I first started playing the events tap- That made me think Yelena was actually a scary character, and I actually put a decent amount of ISO into her(like, 30-something levels) before I started reading the forums. Why was I so dumb, ugh
              • The definition of underwhelming this character is.
              • I think they buffed her for the Vengeful Halloween tournament (which I think was the first DA tournament, though I could be wrong about that). I don't now if I've seen anyone playing her since then.