The Hunt (Jun.25th-Jun.29th, 2015)

Options

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not a fan of 2 essential nodes being invisible until the first is played. If you don't have OBW, you're **** out of luck.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I'm not a fan of 2 essential nodes being invisible until the first is played. If you don't have OBW, you're tinykitty out of luck.
    Having OBW isn't a problem but the game has constantly been putting in my level 15 version instead of my maxed one.
    I've played about 80% of the time with the wrong OBW. Super annoying.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If anyone is mercing/looking to join a guild for this event, please let me know
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I'm not a fan of 2 essential nodes being invisible until the first is played. If you don't have OBW, you're tinykitty out of luck.
    Having OBW isn't a problem but the game has constantly been putting in my level 15 version instead of my maxed one.
    I've played about 80% of the time with the wrong OBW. Super annoying.

Comment / upvote viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30947, most people don't seem to care.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Florida is my least favourite level of any game ever, and I've been playing games since they were **** invented.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I actually managed to beat Jump Jet 2 this time around... and best yet, I did it the first time around. I was SO anticipating getting squashed like a little gnat, but I got a lot of favorable tiles and managed to keep stunning Venom through the very end. So, there's that. I was glad because I lost SO many health packs through the rest of Florida.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I hadn't allocated enough time for the grind down for the first sub and finished it in ~11-12th place. So for the second sub, I opened up the HP floodgates and managed to win it (not that I got anything out of my tokens) and pulled into #2 overall. Plan on doing the same tonight, so if you're in my bracket and trying to pass me for top two, be forwarned: because I'm going to buy that second yellow if I don't earn it in the PVE, it's worth 2500 HP to me. Therefor, I'm willing to spend 2500 HP to get it, and that's more than twice what I needed to do to secure Florida. Chances are, 1000 HP should get it, and I probably won't need that much, since I was coming from behind last time and will be working from ahead here. In other words:

N7D6OWU.jpg?1
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After being totally underwhelmed with my 5/3/2 Gamora's performance in this event, I completely slacked off on the weekend. I won't come close to that red Gamora progression and don't seem to care. She's going to be a bench-warmer for a long time, and likely won't get finished until a few DDQ cycles go by.

Her green outright sucks, especially in comparison to 2* Storm's blue. More expensive, less damage, less useful stun. Despite being a higher * character and over 50 levels higher! Maybe Wind Storm is OP, I don't know, but the gap between the two skills is so huge that it's frankly hard to believe.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Glad I'm not in slice 4 icon_razz.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    spectator wrote:

Am in a slice with loads of whales.. at least i got to look at Puerto Rico's roster! 50k points and not even in top 20, working it though.. looking to merc, t20 in current sub, #32 overall for event..
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    spectator wrote:
    learned months ago that slice 4 is very tough after finishing t10 once there. its is by far the best slice for most US players and while I can score more points by making my 4 clears plus grind, I find other slices much better for placement, even if you aren't playing optimally. progressions matter in pvp. not in pve and unless you're in a top pve alliance where you're pressured to maximize your pts, I'd stay away from slice 4.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    spectator wrote:

Am in a slice with loads of whales.. at least i got to look at Puerto Rico's roster! 50k points and not even in top 20, working it though.. looking to merc, t20 in current sub, #32 overall for event..

I'm in slice 4 and saw Ben Grimm's ascent through the rankings and knew that this bracket would be brutal - not that I would've even gotten close to top 10.
    Currently trying to battle for top 20 though the weekend was difficult having been on the road for most of it and tried to time my stops with node refreshes just so I could get them in before getting back on the roadways.
    After hearing a few long time vets spending HP for healthpack.png to climb in the standings, I don't feel too bad about my current and tenuous 20th placement.
  • Unknown
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    spectator wrote:
    learned months ago that slice 4 is very tough after finishing t10 once there. its is by far the best slice for most US players and while I can score more points by making my 4 clears plus grind, I find other slices much better for placement, even if you aren't playing optimally. progressions matter in pvp. not in pve and unless you're in a top pve alliance where you're pressured to maximize your pts, I'd stay away from slice 4.

They really need to add a slice between slice 3 and 4, around 8 pm eastern. It would give Eastern Time players a decent end time, which we don't really have, and divide up the US players a bit more. Part of why Slice 4 is so bad is that there's literally no other option for players in Eastern Time with work or school unless you're willing to set an alarm to play in the morning, and even slice 1 (7 am) isn't great if you're willing to do that. The other three slices are all varying degrees of awful.
  • The Gunslinger
    Options
    After being totally underwhelmed with my 5/3/2 Gamora's performance in this event, I completely slacked off on the weekend. I won't come close to that red Gamora progression and don't seem to care. She's going to be a bench-warmer for a long time, and likely won't get finished until a few DDQ cycles go by.

Her green outright sucks, especially in comparison to 2* Storm's blue. More expensive, less damage, less useful stun. Despite being a higher * character and over 50 levels higher! Maybe Wind Storm is OP, I don't know, but the gap between the two skills is so huge that it's frankly hard to believe.
    Gamora needs to be 3/5/5 to be any sort of usable. I've relied on her, Kamala, and Hood for my higher level nodes (300ish). She luckily tanks all her colors for me so Bad Reputation is a game-ender, and it makes her red really, really good for just 5 AP. But yeah, I think a Gamora built any other way is just wasted potential.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    uEpHtuPLXsdyZZoWz2_eQJnUTIkAum4hR21KI-RQ-iU=w508-h904-no

21-50 is green only now.

I can't believe there isn't more rage about this change. When I started the event top 50 was going to get me 2 covers. I've been playing for 3.5 days under that assumption.

How are there not more threads demanding this be put back to the way it was when we started? Its one thing to admit it was an error and say it won't be so generous next time, but don't revise rewards to be lesser.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    After hearing a few long time vets spending HP for healthpack.png to climb in the standings, I don't feel too bad about my current and tenuous 20th placement.
    We don't, really.

I made T10 and bought 1 5-pack which guaranteed me T10 in Florida, so I made a net profit of 50 HP on the sub with the 250 HP earned.

It's a special case for Ben since it's Thing's release PVE, I think 98% of us don't buy health in PVE, let alone 1000 HP worth of health.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:
    We don't, really.

I made T10 and bought 1 5-pack which guaranteed me T10 in Florida, so I made a net profit of 50 HP on the sub with the 250 HP earned.

It's a special case for Ben since it's Thing's release PVE, I think 98% of us don't buy health in PVE, let alone 1000 HP worth of health.

Yup. I think I had bought Health packs maybe twice, ever, before this, and never more than once per event. I'm basically making a one-time exception for this release, since this is essentially what I've been saving all that HP for.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:
    We don't, really.

Yup. I think I had bought Health packs maybe twice, ever, before this, and never more than once per event. I'm basically making a one-time exception for this release, since this is essentially what I've been saving all that HP for.

Remember that deadpool tacos have a 14% chance at giving you 5 packs, I'm saving mine for a time when I need them. Managed to clear Florida (essentials and easy ones x6, other three x5 - would've done the not Daken/Ares ones again if I had time) on 8 kits (5 regenerated during the grind down, had 7 going into next sub) using only 8 of my 30 stockpiled all boosts. Probably didn't need them but didn't want to risk wasting time.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:
    We don't, really.

Oh I don't doubt it.
    I just made the statement based on what Ben & some other players on Line said.
    I've bought a 5-pack only twice early on in my MPQ life and vowed never again...which is funny since I'm now mostly casual and that HP balance just sits and accumulates until I decide to roster someone.
  • Unknown
    Options
    uEpHtuPLXsdyZZoWz2_eQJnUTIkAum4hR21KI-RQ-iU=w508-h904-no

21-50 is green only now.

I can't believe there isn't more rage about this change. When I started the event top 50 was going to get me 2 covers. I've been playing for 3.5 days under that assumption.

How are there not more threads demanding this be put back to the way it was when we started? Its one thing to admit it was an error and say it won't be so generous next time, but don't revise rewards to be lesser.
    last time someting similiar happened they let us "earn" a free 3*torch, so I guess when its an old trash character they dont care as much

wind storm is pretty amazing, but its more gamora sucking than anything. She's a failed icon_wolverine.png