Need help, i want to hit 1k progression this season!

Options

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just hit 1k in a PVP for the very first time.. thank you to all who helped with advice!! IMHB is now 1/5/3

WHoZVF9.jpg
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Just hit 1k in a PVP for the very first time.. thank you to all who helped with advice!! IMHB is now 1/5/3
    congrats on the new bug mal. once I hit it once I started wanting to all the time. its something else to learn and there's a learning curve, even with all the info here in the forums, I still find myself figuring out new stuff all the time, but I'm hitting it on a much more consistent basis now. I think I only missed once so far this season. it has much more to do with being able to time the big push (600 to ~900) correctly with a few hops available if something goes wrong, than anything else.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    congrats on the new bug mal. once I hit it once I started wanting to all the time. its something else to learn and there's a learning curve, even with all the info here in the forums, I still find myself figuring out new stuff all the time, but I'm hitting it on a much more consistent basis now. I think I only missed once so far this season. it has much more to do with being able to time the big push (600 to ~900) correctly with a few hops available if something goes wrong, than anything else.

The advice on picking a time slice helped quite a bit.. i am no longer picking a slice with people playing at the same time as me.. i was hit so much less on this run, my push time is when many of them are sleeping.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

Grats malcrof! Don't underestimate the value of that 5th imhb black cover. Even with only 1 red, you might still find imhb useful to climb early in PvP or to grind out pve clears. Those strike tiles are very strong. And throw in cyclops or lazy cap and it won't matter than his red is undercovered.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm in the same boat here. 1000 pt reward seems the easiest to get at this point I'm in. 14 fully (optimally?) covered 3* characters, between levels 140-160. Should I just focus on levelling those (and a couple of 11-12 cover characters like Hood, IF and Blade) to 166 and think about my 4*s on next season? I've been trying to save hp for shields in case one of my few 4* characters becomes available as a reward, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

You couldn't be more right.

here is my 3rd time hitting it! (just now, on 3rd attempt lol)

bYekl6X.jpg
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm in the same boat here. 1000 pt reward seems the easiest to get at this point I'm in. 14 fully (optimally?) covered 3* characters, between levels 140-160. Should I just focus on levelling those (and a couple of 11-12 cover characters like Hood, IF and Blade) to 166 and think about my 4*s on next season? I've been trying to save hp for shields in case one of my few 4* characters becomes available as a reward, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.
    I'd focus on getting at least 2-3 good characters to 166 to start. Climbing is significantly easier with maxed characters, especially when they're boosted. It depends which characters you have well covered and who you enjoy playing too though. I don't think it's worth putting Iso-8 into 4 star.png until they have at least 10 covers. Your climbing to 1k will be dependent mainly on having a good core of 3 star.png and properly shield hopping when necessary.
  • Wintersmith
    Options
    I raised Patch to 166 after last post. Other 3* characters over level 150 are Doom 5/3/5), Magneto (3/5/5), Thor (3/5/5), Luke Cage (5/3/5), Rocket&Groot (3/5/5) and Loki (4/4/5). IF is at 12 covers (4/3/5) and getting 13th cover from DDQ next week. Patch and Loki are my favourite duo to bring on the field. Is there some obvious overpowered pair I'm not noticing for pvp? My Cyclops, Daken and BP are not playable, except maybe when boosted. Punisher, Gamora, HT, Falcon, Steve Rogers, Mohawk and DD are fully covered and lvl 140.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    I raised Patch to 166 after last post. Other 3* characters over level 150 are Doom 5/3/5), Magneto (3/5/5), Thor (3/5/5), Luke Cage (5/3/5), Rocket&Groot (3/5/5) and Loki (4/4/5). IF is at 12 covers (4/3/5) and getting 13th cover from DDQ next week. Patch and Loki are my favourite duo to bring on the field. Is there some obvious overpowered pair I'm not noticing for pvp? My Cyclops, Daken and BP are not playable, except maybe when boosted. Punisher, Gamora, HT, Falcon, Steve Rogers, Mohawk and DD are fully covered and lvl 140.

I am not missing many 3* covers, so my experience my differ slightly.

What you want to try to do, is get the weekly boosted to at least 140, that way they are boosted over 200 and the damage difference is extreme. Work very hard in the EoTS PVP coming up, make sure to get at least double progression, Cyclops rewards, especially with blackflag.png as the lowest and alliance reward, will help you quite a bit.
  • Wintersmith
    Options
    Problem with EotS pve is I just don't have time or interest to grind to better position than top100. And I'm fine with that. Furthermore, my alliance is casual, with a few friends, sometimes top1000, so no alliance covers. My Cyclops is now 5/2/2, after DDQ.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Problem with EotS pve is I just don't have time or interest to grind to better position than top100. And I'm fine with that. Furthermore, my alliance is casual, with a few friends, sometimes top1000, so no alliance covers. My Cyclops is now 5/2/2, after DDQ.

T150 won't be too hard to get, and that nets you a black cover. if you can score enough, you can merc for a 2nd. 5/2/4 is good enough to level him some!
  • meekersX
    Options
    Luke Cage + Iron Fist has served me well and are quite useful in PvE too. Both can do work even unboosted in PvP. I would not level Loki since he is just as useful unleveled in PvE, and isn't much of a deterrent in PvP. Doom, Magneto, Thor, and Rocket & Groot are all good, but will be inferior to max boosted characters. Thor will be boosted the week starting today, so that might affect your decision.
  • Wintersmith
    Options
    I checked about season scores in pvp. There are guys in season top10 alliances, with only around 600 points more than I have. I might have to switch alliance to more pvp oriented one. Might get better rewards than the top1500 of my current alliance...
  • Malcrof
    Options
    I checked about season scores in pvp. There are guys in season top10 alliances, with only around 600 points more than I have. I might have to switch alliance to more pvp oriented one. Might get better rewards than the top1500 of my current alliance...

good call, i am merc'ing for the remainder of the season, my first 8k+ season, and just hit 1k for PX in rags pvp.. hoping this is the norm now for me.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

The advice on picking a time slice helped quite a bit.. i am no longer picking a slice with people playing at the same time as me.. i was hit so much less on this run, my push time is when many of them are sleeping.

cliff notes pls
  • Wintersmith
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    This is my first event, where I'm pushing for 1000. For some reason, I'm nervous about this. And boy do I hate Jean Greys and Kamala Khans on the opposing team...

Edit: Ok, how the shields work? Do they make invisible to others or what? I get like 3 attacks during my 8 hour shield and 10 minutes after shield expires, I've lost like -200 points, even when winning matches meantime. What gives?

Yeah, you are invisible while shielded, meaning people will no longer find you during that time. However, once your shield expires you are visible again. If this is near the end of an event, it could mean that people who are sitting there refreshing and looking for easy targets before breaking their shield will cue you up if you are sitting on a lot of points with a team that isn't as scary as the other high point teams.

Since you are invisible to new PvP node refreshes while shielded, the only time you can be attacked while shielded is if people are retaliating against you or they had you cued up before you shielded. If they attack you during the time you were shielded, you will not lose any points (but they still gain them... win/win) and if you win you gain points.

Continued from another thread:
    Next question. Why I only get to choose from around 4 different teams, when queuing teams? No matter how much iso I pour into choosing my opponents? And if I have a retal team queued, I see a ~40 win and get 7 points from victory.
  • meekersX
    Options
    Continued from another thread:
    Next question. Why I only get to choose from around 4 different teams, when queuing teams? No matter how much iso I pour into choosing my opponents? And if I have a retal team queued, I see a ~40 win and get 7 points from victory.
    The client only checks the server periodically for possible matches. You can attempt to force it to see new matches by exiting/reentering the event, possibly restarting the game as well. Also keep in mind that towards the end of the event high score players will be shielded so you will be unable to queue them at all.

Scores that are listed for a match are calculated based on rating at the time that you queued them. If their score has gone down, or your score has gone up, the match can be worth significantly fewer points.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    meekersX wrote:
    You can attempt to force it to see new matches by exiting/reentering the event, possibly restarting the game as well.
    that is a great idea that I will def try next time it hits the 4 team cycle. hope it works, thanks.
  • Wintersmith
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and explanations for everybody.
  • boostedseo
    boostedseo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for the guide, just got my first 1k.