Best teams for Ultron event?

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 yellowflag.png Luke Cage + Groot is working out nicely for me so far. Add Black Panther to the mix and it's chaos.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nodes, i'm using SW & Hawkeye, triggering Quickshot a lot.

For Ultron, on level 5, he's hitting for 5500 with a bomb, and the high health guys aren't boosted this time like Hulk and Groot. So I've been using highest health boosted guys and my only maxed guy Groot... But he's not too useful if he cant get blue strike tiles out. Hit for 5500 takes him below 50% but not 25%... And another bomb kills him... And if you have Luke Cage in there, luke tanks yellow so groot won't heal.

Basically i'm not finding any group particularly helpful and have a bad feeling about him at levels 6-8 with this batch of boosted characters.

If only i had 5 red for Punisher.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm using $Required, Luke Cage and Kamala Khan.

Against Ultron I'm using 3* Cap, Hulk and GSBW. Cap can overwrite the tiles, GSBW can usually wipe a whole heap out with a few judiciously placed green, and Hulk to go in front if any bombs reach the bottom.

Dunno about Prime yet, I've barely managed any time to play since the event started. Why are there so many events running simultaneously, anyway?
  • DFiPL
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Why are there so many events running simultaneously, anyway?

One's ending, one has 8h cooldowns built in so unless you're in an active alliance pushing hard for rounds 6-8, you're gonna have downtime, and the third fills the downtime gap.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Cage + Khan for essentials. CMags, Cage, GSBW for Ultron. I really miss having Thor powered up.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    For essentials, it's Required/Panther/Patch. For Bombtron, it's LCap/Hulk/Captain Marvel - let Marvel take a bomb in the face for instant red battery bonus. For Ultron Prime, it's Patch/Panther/Cage.
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Had decent luck with patch,hulk,panther
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

One's ending, one has 8h cooldowns built in so unless you're in an active alliance pushing hard for rounds 6-8, you're gonna have downtime, and the third fills the downtime gap.

I was counting 4 active events, Unstable ISO-8 (which may have finished by now), Oscorp, Women, and Ultron.
  • DFiPL
    Moon Roach wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

I was counting 4 active events, Unstable ISO-8 (which may have finished by now), Oscorp, Women, and Ultron.

Women is PVP. I've never seen PVP put on hiatus for a PVE event, major or otherwise.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the boss node, I'm still sticking with 3Cap, GSBW, and Cap Marvel. With the boost to Marvel, she tanks black and red, which is handy when a bomb is about to hit the bottom. Yes, Ultron, I would like 5 red and 3 black AP. Thank you very much! I also sometimes stick 3Thor in there to have a better yellow outlet and some meat to get in the way, but honestly, he doesn't work so well.

For the sentry fights I stick with Cage and GSBW/Black Panther/Mags, depending on who the essential is. Cage's red makes those god damn attack tiles meaningless, which is super handy when you're stuck with Vision's useless **** on your team.

I haven't bothered with Ultron Prime yet, but I'll probably go with Cage, X-Force, and maybe Loki, 3Cap or Mags.
  • ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png, icon_hulk.png & icon_hawkeye.png .
    Cap is nice for bomb overwriting, Hulk for tanking, and buffed Hawkeye - for speedshots that I have a lot from anger or shields tosses.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    cage+fistbuster works pretty well, or patchloki but that's slow as molasses
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Luke Cage icon_lukecage.png and Iron Fist icon_ironfist.png can be grouped with the outside nodes for Avengers vs Ultron.

For the main node of Avengers vs Ultron against the solitary Ultron there is a fun team and the go to team
    The go to team is Ironman 40 icon_ironpatriot.png at a 5/5/2 set up with Cage icon_lukecage.png and Captain America. icon_captainamerica.png

Super awesome fun team is
    Professor X icon_professorx.png Invisible Woman icon_invisiblewoman.png and Grey Suit Black Widow icon_blackwidow.png .
    If invisible woman can put bubbles on the top row.. (all 8) bombs can not come down. Hurray. icon_lol.gif

For the Prime use Luke Cage icon_lukecage.png and Iron Fist icon_ironfist.png, and Disney Princess Thor icon_thor.png
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the sentry rounds icon_lukecage.png is almost a must, plus loki doesn't hurt.

3rd char is the required.

Cage can jab jab cross the 2nd wave to death, if anything is left, an uppercut takes care of it.

If he is the essential, i toss in IF.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Luke Cage is amazing for the Sentry nodes - it gets tedious but they rarely put any significant damage for you. I couple with him whomever works well with the required. Since I've just completed him, its often Hulkbuster.

For the Ultron node I'm using my old team of Lcap, GSBW, and Cyclops. Cyclops generates the red for cap to throw his shields, and Deceptive Tactics has saved my bacon from green bombs (or lining up four in a row,) several times. Trouble is, none of them are boosted this time around so they really can't take more than one hit. I've lost both Cyke and Natasha to a single bomb.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    I've been using Ms. Marvel and Wolverine 2* and Hawkeye 1*

Ms. Marvel's yellow is surprisingly effective at removing bombs, wolverine's slash and ms marvel's black are devastating, and hawkeye can eliminate tiles in an absolute emergency with red, and reasonably effectively with purple.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    on the big guy, Patch, Doom, Blade has been working for me (round 4)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was having fun with Scarlett-Fist-XForce. Create black, collect black, destroy black. Little dicey for later stages, but still fun.

Later I'll switch to Cap-Cyclops-and wish I had Kingpin to create yellow AP but I'll use IW or IMHB or something instead.
  • For Ultron himself, it's maxed Patch, Daken, and Punisher. Last time I switched Daken out for Steve around round 5, when Daken started getting one-shot by bombs. This time, I'm not sure who for, but I'll switch out once I complete round 5.

For the mooks, I use Patch/Daken/essential, and will likely continue to do so.
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    For Ultron, max Patch max Laken lvl 1 1* Hawkeye. Hawkeye is the MVP.