Best teams for Ultron event?

Clamoe100
Clamoe100 Posts: 53
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
What's your go to team for this event? I use Patch, Daken, Loki.

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I'm going to see how far Vision, Quicksilver, and Yelena Belova can get me and then stop there.
  • Clamoe100 wrote:
    What's your go to team for this event? I use Patch, Daken, Loki.

It'll vary based on who you have levelled I guess, I'm using R&G to tank/heal, Daken for strike tiles, and Luke Cage to use his black & yellow.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    round 1, Carol Danvers herself is working out nicely. Boosted her black is doing over 3k and is a cheap power, her red is doing only 1300 (3/5/5) so bring Gamora if you have her red at 5, and he goes down easily.. Mind you, it is only round 1
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Malcrof wrote:
    round 1, Carol Danvers herself is working out nicely. Boosted her black is doing over 3k and is a cheap power, her red is doing only 1300 (3/5/5) so bring Gamora if you have her red at 5, and he goes down easily.. Mind you, it is only round 1

This is also the level where Ultron's bombs aren't even enough to make Hulk angry. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Buret0 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

This is also the level where Ultron's bombs aren't even enough to make Hulk angry. icon_e_smile.gif

But they ARE enough to set off energy absorbtion.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    First 3 rounds it's been R&G, IM40 & Steve.
    Lots of health between R&G and IM40 being boosted.
    Might have to be more careful in later rounds especially with "I am Groot" possibly going off at the wrong time.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    My go-to team against Ultron himself last time was Cage, Steve, and GSBW.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    vs ultron - I just barely limped through round 4 with cage, grey suit and 2* cap (my steve is 5/3/3)

I really don't know who I'll use as this gets harder.

vs goons - cap marvel, patch & loki is killing it so far. No blue coverage, but loki only tanks purple.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    I went in without issue every round with cage, cap, iw. Gave me a reason to level my 2/5/5 iw for the first time ever, lol.

Cap and iw delayed enough to either get a force crush or righteous uppercut off to end the match.

Though, ultron burned me out. Gave up pve after that event. No thank you for another go. Gl to those that play.
  • Malcrof
    On the Vision nodes i bring OBW, heals and steals. Wish she was buffed for this event, but then she would tank colors and is squishy..
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Been using Patch/loki + the required character on goon nodes and patch/loki/Cmags on the ultron stuff, if I ever get 14 red TBTI on patch pretty much one shots or brings ultron to near death since its rank 5.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    I have been using 3*Thor, GSBW, Steve Rodgers for Ultron with p/b, r/y boost. I use patch/loki/required for the others. Been working out ok except when tetris gets drop 5 from the top or the board just sucks and a bomb slips through.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Into round 5 now and I have no idea how I'm going to do this without Steve (5/3/3) being able to overwrite bombs. 2* cap can't take one bomb, it's insta-kill. My black panther is only 2/2/1 and my Luke cage is 2/3/3. Even boosted my cap marvel and patch can only take one hit each, the second one kills.

ps: Redwing can't overwrite bomb tiles, so don't try taking falcon like I did. icon_e_wink.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    cmags/loki/anyone works very well against the goon nodes. they have a tendency to make lots of match-4s and that turns into lots of ap. loki can flip protects/strikes. mags yellow has a pretty good function of protection for this team and add damage and board shake - they work very well. I wish I had more useful essentials - all of them are insufficient to play around much with the rest of the teams. the last ultron I had some mainstay characters for essentials like thor, cap, I even enjoyed running hawk with cstorm and mnmags last event. this one my most useful guy is panther at 3/4/1. vision, useless, im40, useless, marvel, ok at 4/3/2, but not the type to build a team around. looking through my roster I've used 18 characters so far, but feel like there's a ton I'm not utilizing because I feel like pulling punisher or mostorm is too risky. gotta figure out how to use falcon. if we had a wolverine essential, I'd try him, but not with im40 or vision.

bomb dropper I have 2 main teams. team A is Lthor/cap/mnmags. team B is Lthor/gsbw/quicksilver.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Boss: Hulk + LThor + GSBW greentile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    Sentries: Patch + Loki + feat.
    Prime: Patch + Loki + Cage
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Against prime I've been using cage, kamala, 2* wolf. Very solid offense/defense/heals

I've also been putting cage/kamala on double duty in the essential nodes.

Against the reward prime nodes, I've ran ock/cage/2* wolf. If you have doctor ock at 553, his blue works fast to eliminate those pesky enemy tiles plus big damage to sentry minions. Matching away those enemy tiles generate bk attack tiles to whittle away at the enemy as well.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    IW with five in blue, 'nuff said.
  • I'm using the same team I used last time which is
    Cage+Steve+essential for the 5 nodes
    cage+XF+Steve for the Ultron node and Prime nodes.

If my R&G was playable I would use them, but sadly they are only 2/2/1
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using 2* icon_ms_marvel.png / 2* icon_hawkeye.png / icon_punisher.png

ms marvels yellow @ 5 gives a lot of crits which triggers hawkeye purple. All this leads to Punisher finishing him off with his red. Working very nicely up to round 6.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Since my IW is only 0/1/5 and Steve Rogers is missing a blue at 3/5/4, my Ultron team is:
    *GSBW, Captain America, Punisher*

Punisher redflag.png lets me finish the match after 60% done only if I haven't had to spend the red. Punisher's blackflag.pnggreenflag.png are near worthless and only use in a pinch/last ditch effort. Most of the time, I end up doing 80+% damage before being able to use Punisher redflag.png.
    GSBW 4/4/5 is ideal for Ultron which I had last time, but day-to-day 5/3/5 is after getting the last green cover.
    I've started to build a second GSBW. Maybe I'll make her 4/4/5, but that only makes sense for Ultron.

I tried out GSBW, SW, PX before, but SW CDs either fall off the end, get stuck on the side, or the CD creation or execution makes an automatic bad random match to allow for bomb drop. It's not their place.

You guys are crazy with Loki against Ultron. That's asking for more hurt than gain with both purpleflag.pnggreenflag.png.