Anyone else sick of this company changing the rules in middl

Comments

• Malcrof wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    yea we wanted it and they could of VERY easy stuck into the first round of the next PVE not the final round of a 4 star PVE.

They put it in just in time for Prodigal Sun.. some had already completed Iso-8

So they did exactly what you said they should do.

But with the overlap it would have made more sense to have it kick in on the second day of a **** event vs. the last day of a big event, right?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I forget if it was the middle of season 3 where I was with others, begging them to put big changes between seasons?

The rule change whenever, and often in the middle of events, has been long running. I've given up on this one.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I forget if it was the middle of season 3 where I was with others, begging them to put big changes between seasons?

The rule change whenever, and often in the middle of events, has been long running. I've given up on this one.

FWIW, most 'big' changes have happened between seasons. PvP scoring, MMR changes both waited. Shield Sim progression is waiting.

Boosted characters didn't, but there's no way to test that in the off-season given the specialty events. They did pull it and wait to reinstate the boosted change until the beginning of a season.

So they have been better about stuff like that. This one doesn't actually change gameplay in any way, it only changes players' potential engagement. So the impact on seasonal scoring is minimal, top end players aren't constrained by health packs during a hop.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, I'm used to the rules being changed during events because there is no off-season when nothing is running.

I _am_ getting sick of reading threads with horrible spelling and truncated thread titles because even after months on the forum you haven't learned to use whatever you're using to type your "ooooh, the sky is falling!" drivel properly.

Seriously, only because YOU discover for the first time that yes, higher points in PVP need to be protected with shields, doesn't mean that the guys who have been putting up 1K+ scores since before seasons haven't known that.

Instead of spending all your time complaining about stuff here which you only noticed now, you could spend that time playing the game some more.

You have no idea how lucky you are that downvotes were removed, else you couldn't even count the nails in _your_ metaphorical forum coffin anymore.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    If only this was on a LINE chat, I'd post the pic of the guy with the red/blue analog 3D glasses and the box of popcorn.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    If only this was on a LINE chat, I'd post the pic of the guy with the red/blue analog 3D glasses and the box of popcorn.

stephen-colbert-gifs.jpg
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    slidecage wrote:
    afraid so cause the team im in right now for the past 6 days AVG rank was 70 to 74. 10 health packs go into effect and boom we are now down to 94th

Alliances are shuffling around players/mercs to secure top 100. This is why your alliance fell, not the introduction of additional health packs.
  • Enoc99
    Enoc99 Posts: 141
    40ef40ba0b50.jpg
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Yes, because the option to buy those 5 health packs never existed before today...

Edit:

This all could have been resolved with the downvote.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    How can this possibly be anything but good for those who are casual like myself and those who want to play the meta?

I get home from work and have 10 health packs and can play for more than an hour if I so wish, those who wish to grind nodes and play to a strict schedule still can only now they don't have to purchase as many health packs. Seriously I sometimes complain for complaining sake but for players this is wi-
    n win.

If you are struggling for ranking be-
    fore you still will be. If it was easy go-
    ing before it will be just as easy.

Just think yourself lucky a new character release PvE event isn't end-
    ing at 5am like they used to.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    G40Xw83.png
  • OP, I haven't seen a single constructive post from you. Only endless complains.
    By now I am certain that the D3 main business goal is to make your life miserable. Making money is lower priority.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    slidecage wrote:
    Middle of events. They should of waited until friday to bring out the 10 health packs. Now your force to grind like crazy to keep your ranking for the carnage events. First they have major crashes and now if your lucky to been able to play, unless you put in major time in the final day your not going to get your ranking.

the did this with season a few seasons back (boosted people in the final week) and now this.

stop making changes in the middle of events. Could of very easy added 10 pack in on the off season. no major time to grind today = no covers

Thanks again D3 i remember this the next time i ever think about giving real cash

How long have you been on forum?

I cannot count how many times they've said this (and I'm too lazy to look it up).

There are always events going on with time slices. There is no way to institute a change between events because there is no between.

Fear not. Everyone in your slice is at the same advantage/disadvantage.
  • Or you could just play the game, like me, virtually commentless & Alliance-less & not care about the stress of the game, but rather, just have fun playing it. I grind & I'm OK if I don't get the top tier rewards all the time. Sure, I want them, but life is about more than that. So if it doesn't happen, ho hum.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    They only made this change to sell more health packs!

(Sarcasm)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can this thread go away now?
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    This thread is now the Slidecage Appreciation Thread icon_lol.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    evil panda wrote:
    This thread is now the Slidecage Depreciation Thread icon_lol.gif
    Fixed that for you buddy.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    I was trying to be positive! Don't you know that we're not allowed to be negative to special flowers in here? icon_e_wink.gif