Anyone else sick of this company changing the rules in middl

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Middle of events. They should of waited until friday to bring out the 10 health packs. Now your force to grind like crazy to keep your ranking for the carnage events. First they have major crashes and now if your lucky to been able to play, unless you put in major time in the final day your not going to get your ranking.

the did this with season a few seasons back (boosted people in the final week) and now this.

stop making changes in the middle of events. Could of very easy added 10 pack in on the off season. no major time to grind today = no covers

Thanks again D3 i remember this the next time i ever think about giving real cash

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since you won't have time to grind, you will have time to accrue 10 Health Packs and use them all up when you do get down to grinding, making up for that lost grinding time by playing for a longer stretch. It's more of a help to you than a hindrance. It helps those that cannot play every three hours, and does nothing for those that can.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    1. There is no PvE offseason.

2. If your placement is in jeopardy in Carnage, the 10 health packs didn't change that. Phrased another way, if you were comfortable enough to coast on the final day, then you still are. There're only so many points available, it's not like the 10 health packs makes the sub worth 50k points instead of 20k. Yeah, it might mean a few more players can get a few more points, but so can you, obviously.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I can understand OP's pov to some extent, b/c if you're battling for top 50 then the ability to finish the hard nodes will be what determines placement, all other variations (time to grind for example) being equal. And usually it boils down to willingness to obtain heal packs to continue the grind. So the availability of 10 heals DO affect individual placement to some extent. That said, if your alliance is not comfortably in top 100, then your commanders need to consider making adjustments on the bottom.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dunno what you're talking about. I skipped a refresh last night and I only fell a few spots.

You know what I'm sick of? People who run out of space in the middle of the subje

ct and then continue somewhere else.

You keep doing this over and over. Seriously, can you please find a way to rephrase the thread titles?
  • slidecage

2. If your placement is in jeopardy in Carnage, the 10 health packs didn't change that. Phrased another way, if you were comfortable enough to coast on the final day, then you still are. There're only so many points available, it's not like the 10 health packs makes the sub worth 50k points instead of 20k. Yeah, it might mean a few more players can get a few more points, but so can you, obviously.

afraid so cause the team im in right now for the past 6 days AVG rank was 70 to 74. 10 health packs go into effect and boom we are now down to 94th

it will also effect single ranks. if i go into the last refresh and going 5 health packs will last me around an hour so i can do it , I now have to grind for 2+ hours cause everyone else is going to do it.

PVP point change = now your force to buy a shield or you have no chance at top
    PVE health change = now your Forced to grind the last hours or your going to fall big time

only the vets and people who dont have lives will not have a problem with this. I love how they changed the pts on vets a few seasons back and they all got mad.

just keep on putting those nails into the coffin, your around 4 feet down and only 2 to go
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

afraid so cause the team im in right now for the past 6 days AVG rank was 70 to 74. 10 health packs go into effect and boom we are now down to 94th

it will also effect single ranks. if i go into the last refresh and going 5 health packs will last me around an hour so i can do it , I now have to grind for 2+ hours cause everyone else is going to do it.

PVE health change = now your Forced to grind the last hours or your going to fall big time

just keep on putting those nails into the coffin, your around 4 feet down and only 2 to go

The additional health packs were the #2 thing people wanted (#1 being roster slots) in the Q&A.. they give it to us, and of course, as usual, everyone complains.. Maybe they should just ignore everything we ask for, because no matter what they do, or how they do it, so many people will complain, it probably isn't worth their time to even visit the boards anymore.
  • Anyone else sick of comp

laining just to h

ear th

emselves complain?

Seriously, I get it. Every single thing about MPQ is horrible.

DBC

P.S. Edit: Apologies to the forum for the sarcastic outburst, but dear God does this get old some days.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can see this having an effect on t10 pve (regular pves), t50 during **** releases (which happen to be now, but change is made for all, not some), and extending pvp initial pushes (which everyone can take advantage of and will benefit from - likely leading to even higher scoring than now making progressions even more attainable). outside of that (very small percentage of the players), it probably won't make much of a difference.

It does remind me of my fantasy leagues at work where they want to change rules after the draft (and sometimes into the season) - that is a huge pet peeve of mine...anyway...
  • slidecage
    Malcrof wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

The additional health packs were the #2 thing people wanted (#1 being roster slots) in the Q&A.. they give it to us, and of course, as usual, everyone complains.. Maybe they should just ignore everything we ask for, because no matter what they do, or how they do it, so many people will complain, it probably isn't worth their time to even visit the boards anymore.

yea we wanted it and they could of VERY easy stuck into the first round of the next PVE not the final round of a 4 star PVE. I just cant wait till monday when people Wake up and see that we will have 2 PVE running since they said they are going to do another carnage run starting JUNE 15 . First i thought it was going to be a PVP to give out covers but they never had a 4 star PVP.

from their post

Hey everyone,

We’ve had an issue causing the game to crash during matches. We recently resolved this for iOS and are actively working on a fix for Android.

For compensation for this outage, we’ll be giving everyone that played during the outage 250 Hero Points and 1500 Iso-8.

Also, some players were concerned that they weren’t able to compete for Carnage during the crashing issue, so we’re running Carnage as the prize for another PVE event, one that will run next week, around 6/15/15.

Thanks,

Kabir

So say hello to 2 PVE running at the same time and before you say.. WAIT they cant do that. yes they can, they did it with gaunlet
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Now your force to grind like crazy to keep your ranking for the carnage events.
    Unless you're in a noob bracket, you were going to have to grind like crazy anyway if you're rank was in jeopardy. This makes it easier.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    slidecage wrote:

I'm sure this was definitely the health pack change and not at all a whole lot of (multi-tier) alliances merging now that the Squirrel PvP is over, which oh yeah happened about the same time the change hit.
    slidecage wrote:

News flash, especially with a 4* reward, everyone is grinding the last 2 hours regardless of the change. Those that would buy the health packs now don't have to, but they're going to grind the end of the event.

And again, if you're in a position where 1 extra hour of grinding is going to cost you a spot, your spot was not safe. That's regardless of how many health packs people have to use.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    slidecage wrote:
    So say hello to 2 PVE running at the same time and before you say.. WAIT they cant do that. yes they can, they did it with gaunlet

Pretty sure they had 3 running toward the end of Ultron (end of the Heroic and beginning of the next event).

I said once that they could run 6 PvE at the same time with varying rarity rewards (based on where you are in the game), and there would be people complaining that they don't have the time to play all of them.

Welp.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs stated they are running the Carnage reward for another event. So if you don't win him this event, it's no big deal because the reward in Prodigal Sun is Beast.. definitely not worth the struggle especially since I hate that PVE event altogether.

Also, please change your subject, it's very ann
    oying to look at. Players won't take you seri
    ously if you write like a 2nd grader. The sub
    ject can simply be "Changing Rules during events"
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Every time slidecage posts I feel like he's talking about a completely different game from the one I'm playing. It's the last day of a seven day event. Placement is already pretty much determined. There's nothing I could do at this point to get top 10 placement, and there's nothing anyone else could do that would keep me from getting top 20.
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:

Pretty sure they had 3 running toward the end of Ultron (end of the Heroic and beginning of the next event).

I said once that they could run 6 PvE at the same time with varying rarity rewards (based on where you are in the game), and there would be people complaining that they don't have the time to play all of them.

Welp.

Just saying wait til monday when people will say. What the hell i spent all of this time grinding on sun just to be hit with another PVE. Again it will only pay out for the vets or whoever puts the most money into the game... who is going to have time to grind the final 3 days on SUN to keep their ranking Yet grinding like crazy to get the Carnage covers in the new PVE

but keep drinking that cool aid we all know how that ends up in the end dont we
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    yea we wanted it and they could of VERY easy stuck into the first round of the next PVE not the final round of a 4 star PVE.

They put it in just in time for Prodigal Sun.. some had already completed Iso-8

So they did exactly what you said they should do.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    slidecage wrote:
    Just saying wait til monday when people will say.

Don't need to wait, they'll complain.
    slidecage wrote:
    Again it will only pay out for the vets or whoever puts the most money into the game... who is going to have time to grind the final 3 days on SUN to keep their ranking Yet grinding like crazy to get the Carnage covers in the new PVE

Another news flash, this also has nothing to do with the number of health packs available. Yes, people will grind both. Yes, people who invest a ton of time in the game get more rewards. Where is the issue here? [/quote]
    slidecage wrote:
    but keep drinking that cool aid we all know how that ends up in the end dont we

First, it's Kool-Aid. Second, yes, it ends in nonsense complaining.
  • 1. There is no PvE offseason.

Not so. In my case 5 guys have been fighting over ranks 9 and 10 for the whole event, with the gaps above and below us huge. There may be a limited number of points, but I have never gotten even close to grinding all the available nodes down due to my guys dying. So the outcome of this event for us 5 at least is going to be based on who has the most time to grind. If I play at my usual pace and a couple other guys make use of all those health packs they'll earn way more points than me.

Either way, it's really ridiculous to make changes mid-event, especially during major events.

I'm in favor of more health packs so we can play on our own schedules, but with PVE events set up as they are, requiring a certain amount of playing at certain intervals, I think I'm done working very hard in PVE, because no matter how hard I work, I have a family and a job and a life and I will not be able to compete with people who don't. But I guess in that scenario I'm still the clear winner overall so I won't be too upset. =)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Not so. In my case 5 guys have been fighting over ranks 9 and 10 for the whole event, with the gaps above and below us huge. There may be a limited number of points, but I have never gotten even close to grinding all the available nodes down due to my guys dying. So the outcome of this event for us 5 at least is going to be based on who has the most time to grind. If I play at my usual pace and a couple other guys make use of all those health packs they'll earn way more points than me.

Either way, it's really ridiculous to make changes mid-event, especially during major events.

I'm in favor of more health packs so we can play on our own schedules, but with PVE events set up as they are, requiring a certain amount of playing at certain intervals, I think I'm done working very hard in PVE, because no matter how hard I work, I have a family and a job and a life and I will not be able to compete with people who don't. But I guess in that scenario I'm still the clear winner overall so I won't be too upset. =)

Emphasized your quote. Again, this isn't a health pack issue, it's a time commitment issue, with a minor in expense management. It's not like you or others don't have access to health packs in the old system if stuff goes bad, you're just getting an extra 5 'free' now.

If one of those guys has more time, and is willing to spend to 15-20-25 health packs, they would've spent to 10, and there's nothing you can do about that.

Some changes are very bad to make mid-event, this one is pretty tame, all things considered.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    but keep drinking that cool aid
    I know this is kinda like Keith Richards telling someone, "Dude, you need to start living healthier", but geez, complaining about THIS is way too much.