PVE Prodigal Sun - June 11-19

Options

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I need everyone to take the week off.. i only have 3 covers for Beast, and would like top 10, thank you in advance.

icon_e_biggrin.gif

Well, I do my part to assist icon_e_smile.gif
    (unfortunately, I only ever got one Top 10 ever, and it was for IM40, so I'm not sure it'll be helpful, as I probably wouldn't be a factor anyway)
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options
    Wow. With those progs and that reward list, this event is either Top 2 or GTFO.

Oh, and if U didn't get icon_carnage.png from the previous PvE, this event is either sacrifice those choice reserve goats when the event tokens come around or no Top 2 for you.

Good thing the upcoming round of DDQ has 3 target covers for me.... icon_e_confused.gif
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Per the announcement from Demiurge_Will over at Reddit this event will have no community scaling factor.

So wait, no one else finds it strange that MPQ has, u know, their own forum, but decides to put an announcement like this on Reddit instead of (maybe i'm being repetitive here but) their own forum? They even have an "News and Announcements" section for, well I thought it was for news and announcements....

I guess its crazy to think that you'd post info about your product on that products forum rather than a random discussion site... Demiurge_Will, y u no announce on slashdot?

/me continually amazed at the **** this company pulls...

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punisher - Muscle - Muscle.

Yikes. icon_eek.gif

I've tried that node 3 or 4 times and gotten nothing but spectacularly wrecked. If even one Threaten resolves, you may as well call it quits, because the match damage + Pun's cheap abilities will take it from there.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    Per the announcement from Demiurge_Will over at Reddit this event will have no community scaling factor.

So wait, no one else finds it strange that MPQ has, u know, their own forum, but decides to put an announcement like this on Reddit instead of (maybe i'm being repetitive here but) their own forum? They even have an "News and Announcements" section for, well I thought it was for news and announcements....

I guess its crazy to think that you'd post info about your product on that products forum rather than a random discussion site... Demiurge_Will, y u no announce on slashdot?

/me continually amazed at the tinykitty this company pulls...

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
    its actually in game...
    hidden in the help/news menu

next test is heroic oscorp on 6/22
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Punisher - Muscle - Muscle.

Yikes. icon_eek.gif

I've tried that node 3 or 4 times and gotten nothing but spectacularly wrecked. If even one Threaten resolves, you may as well call it quits, because the match damage + Pun's cheap abilities will take it from there.
    I did that one with Lthor/Lcap/loki. you could go red, blue, or black, but preferably red or blue first. its a race to get a shield ready before a cd goes off. I made it, but it was painful because I left green for pun to use.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

/me continually amazed at the tinykitty this company pulls...

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
    its actually in game...

this game has a help/news menu?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    I did that one with Lthor/Lcap/loki. you could go red, blue, or black, but preferably red or blue first. its a race to get a shield ready before a cd goes off. I made it, but it was painful because I left green for pun to use.
    My Lthor/Lcap/Loki would get creamed; 2/4/1, 0/2/1, and 3/3/1, respectively. Oh well, it's the only non-essential node I can't clear, and I have both CMags & Bullseye, though the latter is a quick junk build just to get my foot in the door (2/4/1, something like that).

I just really want that CMags red progression. A Beast would be a bonus. Not much of a bonus, but a bonus.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    My Lthor/Lcap/Loki would get creamed; 2/4/1, 0/2/1, and 3/3/1, respectively. Oh well, it's the only non-essential node I can't clear, and I have both CMags & Bullseye, though the latter is a quick junk build just to get my foot in the door (2/4/1, something like that).

I just really want that CMags red progression. A Beast would be a bonus. Not much of a bonus, but a bonus.
    don't sweat the progression. if you're playing today and doing all but one or 2 nodes, should take you 4 days or less to get there just playing casually. I made the im40 progression last pve in 2 days, but was doing 4 full clears/sub since I joined so late. don't stress about the progression - it doesn't look like it will be hard to hit.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't think the lack of community scaling has had any impact. Race is kinda close. Results after sub 1, for slice 1. I joined within 2 hrs of the end of the sub. I was 73rd, so not sure how much of a time lead the 72 before me had, but I would say we all had at least 2 hrs to play.

#1 6172 lukewin
    #2 5926 K8ee
    #3 5710 goalbound
    #4 5674 kamikaz22
    #5 5264 MPQ Scruffy
    #6 5032 Mrsinque
    #7 4846 ryltpmff
    #8 4543 XmenOrigin
    #9 4349 Pongie
    #10 3820 Lejon87
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    its actually in game...

Its actually not. Not on the steam version anyway... there's a help button (accessed via the 'Options' button), but that just takes you to the email address for logging a support ticket. There's also a "Reset Hints", "Skip Tutorials", "View Privacy Policy" and "Credits" button, but no, nothing relating to "News" in way shape or form.

Guess its silly to think a single piece of software would be the same across platforms... though I am happy about this given all the issues the IOS/Android versions have had recently.

Of course, if someone has managed to find the elusive "News" button (on the steam version), would love to know how to get at it and happy to be proven wrong.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just finished Manhattan sub on my stream, should be in the archives by now - pretty fair nodes all around - if you have a high 3*cap/Patch you should be able to do the majority of nodes

also:

icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gifNO SCALING IS AWESOME WHOOOOO:mrgreen:icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif NO SCALING IS AWESOME WHOOOOO:D icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif NO SCALING IS AWESOME WHOOOOO:mrgreen:icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif NO SCALING IS AWESOME WHOOOOO:mrgreen:icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif NO SCALING IS AWESOME WHOOOOO:D icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif NO SCALING IS AWESOME WHOOOOO:mrgreen:icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif NO SCALING IS AWESOME WHOOOOO:D icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif NO SCALING IS AWESOME WHOOOOO
    icon_mrgreen.gif
  • fmftint
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Mobile does

Gears/Help/News
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Mobile does

Gears/Help/News
    not on android I guess, just checked
  • fmftint
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Mobile does

Gears/Help/News

Android
    uL6eyWA.png
    u3afwf5.png
    zWIG67r.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Mobile does

Gears/Help/News

Android
    uL6eyWA.png
    u3afwf5.png
    zWIG67r.png
    Holy **** you're totally right. My brain somehow didn't see that button.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think folks are really taking this one easy. I'm part of the 11 AM CDT slice, and was down in the upper 100s (ie, near 200) when I went to bed last night. I was at about 110 last I looked, and the top scorer in my bracket has snagged the hero points but not the next ISO award at that time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just finished Prodigal: China on my stream if anyone wants to see matches/teams/etc.

I'm really loving this no scaling thing. All of the nodes seem pretty fair, even nonthreatening(2*Mag is a joke!)
  • Seantw05
    Seantw05 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I need everyone to take the week off.. i only have 3 covers for Beast, and would like top 10, thank you in advance.

icon_e_biggrin.gif

There was a ton more competition that second sub. The amount of grind you did today was good enough for 2nd for me yesterday. Let's hope it doesn't keep up like that! I need beast covers too. Did you manage top 10? You were there most of my grind and I just squeezed in at the end
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am noticing that many nodes do not have goons feeding enemies colors they need for their skills. Unless it was always like this in Prodigal Sun?