Please remove the 10 health packs

13»

Comments

• Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Oh yeah? How many points? How late did you start and when did you shield? What team? Hm?
    877 Agents of SMASH + Blade
    Ok, great for you, but that could mean you just dropped in 500 and called it a day for all I know.

Let me assure you, up near the 1000 range, that is absolutely not happening for most people.

I don't get what the big deal is, but you cited PERSONAL evidence of lower points, and the previous person put PERSONAL evidence of "more attacks" I am just simply putting out there my experience.

Which was neither of the two.

As always, it's on my stream if you're that curious about it.
  • That means Hulk and She-Hulk I take it? Well, yep, that is a good team and I can see why you got skipped, but for the rest of us poor saps that didn't max them or for all the times when they're not going to be boosted, it's not gonna be so attackless.
  • That means Hulk and She-Hulk I take it? Well, yep, that is a good team and I can see why you got skipped, but for the rest of us poor saps that didn't max them or for all the times when they're not going to be boosted, it's not gonna be so attackless.
    that's the ebb and flow of PVP nowadays
  • Exactly. Remember that when it's your turn to ebb and you see how many more attacks you get than usual. That's all. It's an important distinction.
  • Exactly. Remember that when it's your turn to ebb and you see how many more attacks you get than usual. That's all. It's an important distinction.
    No need to be rude about it.

if that's your attitude I'll just ignore you.

But I'm not gonna stand for people claiming there are more "attacks" and "less points to earn" when that's simply not true.
  • raisinbman wrote:

But I'm not gonna stand for people claiming there are more "attacks" and "less points to earn" when that's simply not true.

That's odd, because a minute ago you were getting snappy with me about how no one person's experience represents everyone's experience, but now you're saying it's impossible that other people are having a different experience than you did when you happened to have your favorite characters buffed this week? Make up your mind buddy.

raisinbman wrote:
    Exactly. Remember that when it's your turn to ebb and you see how many more attacks you get than usual. That's all. It's an important distinction.
    No need to be rude about it.

if that's your attitude I'll just ignore you.

There was nothing even remotely rude about that post, but ok, go for it. I'll try not to lose any sleep over it.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    simonsez wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Then why not, as the OP suggests, wait til after the first no community scaling PVE to implement the 10 HPs? Say, run a 3 day with a break to implement it followed by another 3 day to keep them on schedule? Plus, it would have avoided overlapping with the end of a 7 day for a new 4*.....
    You're still not giving a reason why it was a bad idea to implement it now. We've already established that it will have no impact on the scaling vs. no-scaling test, and overlapping PvE is the norm now and has nothing to do with this. Sounds like maybe you had a lead in ISO Brotherhood, and you didn't like the idea of the people behind you being able to grind longer.

Actually, I didnt play the event at all. Well, I might have mistakenly played a node or two (I dont recall) but that would have been it.

And we have NOT established it will have no impact on the test. We actually did quite the opposite: they will now have to unnecessarily run several extra events with scaling to get a control data set, which is the definition of impact when the goal is to minimize the time needed to analyze data and get the desired "solution" implemented. That has been explained multiple times, multiple ways and if you cant see that as the reason it was a f-up to implement it.....I dont know how to convince you it was just plain stupid.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarvelMan wrote:
    And we have NOT established it will have no impact on the test.
    Yes we did, because the Carnage PvE wasn't part of the test. And no, it didn't create the need for future testing because anything run under 5 max health packs is no longer relevant, since 10 is the new reality.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Yes we did, because the Carnage PvE wasn't part of the test. And no, it didn't create the need for future testing because anything run under 5 max health packs is no longer relevant, since 10 is the new reality.
    Then they need to make sure they are only comparing data gathered in the new reality. Any comparison to data from older realities will give incomplete results.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Shouldn't this thread be on like page 12 by now?
  • MarvelMan
    simonsez wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Then they need to make sure they are only comparing data gathered in the new reality. Any comparison to data from older realities will give incomplete results.

Exactly. They could have done apples to apples if they had waited until after the two (plus?) PVEs run without comm scaling. Would have been faster to obtain the data for analysis.

Note that Im not arguing against 10 health packs, or that its not possible to obtain similar data by running a set of control PVEs with 10 health packs.....just that it delays things. And, time will tell here, I just dont see them waiting to release new chars so I bet they will botch running control PVEs. It would not surprise me to see them drop a highly anticipated char (no clue who) as part of one of the new control PVEs with comm scaling on, and then basing their decisions off it when the comm free version had Beast......
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Basically, it comes down to this. 10 packs are here to stay. They're not test.

No community scaling is a test, it may go or stay.

So, all testing for that reason has to be with 10 health packs.

the good news is the test is not for new rewards. I don't like new testing for new rewards events.

The bad news is the test is not for new rewards, when ppl grind more.
  • Then they need to make sure they are only comparing data gathered in the new reality. Any comparison to data from older realities will give incomplete results.

They aren't comparing old data. They stated in the video for June that they would be running events with scaling off, then turning it back on for several events, and then compare the two samples to see how it impacted the game over all.

10 Health packs is staying, which is why that change was already made and will not be reversed.
  • MarvelMan
    the good news is the test is not for new rewards. I don't like new testing for new rewards events.

But cant you see them goofing one of the events where they turn comm scaling back on and making it for a new char, then using it in their analysis?

But I do see the value in doing all the testing in the 10 HP state.....just feel that a 5 HP vs 5HP would have been faster and still given them data to extrapolate. Tossing out 10 HP then immediately starting an experiment doesnt give people much of a chance to reach a new equilibrium.
  • After a few days using the 10 HP, I can say I am playing the game as I used to a few months ago.

But now, the game is less systematic (playing against 2* teams was very boring back then), and thanks to the weekly character buffed, I can enjoy playing with some characters who were collecting dust.

So, for now, I am enjoying playing the game again (in vs).

What could the devs do so that I could be completely satisfied ?

Revamp the PvEs. Scaling is still an issue (though it is slightly better), and grinding the same nodes over and over again is killing me. I just don't want to do it anymore. Besides, playing against Venom, Moonstone, Juggernaut and Ares is an insult to my deep roster I spent so much time building.

Iso rewards per node cleared (PvE and PvP) are still not enough.

Suggestions ? An easier Gauntlet to get new characters, and variants of Vs Ultron to get them too.

OR if they don't want to develop a ton of new events : clear once or twice PvEs and get the covers through progression.

Heroic, Iso8 brotherhood, The Hunt... have lived. We had an overdose of these.

Thank you in advance.
  • MarvelMan wrote:

But cant you see them goofing one of the events where they turn comm scaling back on and making it for a new char, then using it in their analysis?

But I do see the value in doing all the testing in the 10 HP state.....just feel that a 5 HP vs 5HP would have been faster and still given them data to extrapolate. Tossing out 10 HP then immediately starting an experiment doesnt give people much of a chance to reach a new equilibrium.
    I want to upvote you for caring so much about their research methods, because I'm sure they haven't put nearly the thought into things. Like Master Plan.
  • MarvelMan
    raisinbman wrote:
    I want to upvote you for caring so much about their research methods, because I'm sure they haven't put nearly the thought into things. Like Master Plan.

Trust me: it can be a character flaw. =)

Its mostly just my frustration that they cant seem to get things "right." Though we dont really know what that is or what they are actually doing. I may just curl up in a ball under my desk and suck my thumb after thinking about it.