Patch Notes - R78 (06/22/15)

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - She-Hulk’s Settlement (level 4) no longer steals both enemy tiles if there are only 2 enemy special tiles on the board. She-Hulk now only grabs one special enemy tile.

Settlement - Cost: 9 Blue AP
    She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Randomly selects up to 2 enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles and redistributes them between both teams. Friendly tiles are improved by 27.
    Level 2. Friendly tiles are improved by 32.
    Level 3. Friendly tiles are improved by 38.
    Level 4. Selects up to 3 Tiles (Odd tiles are always Friendly)
    Level 5. Friendly tiles are improved by 59.
    Max Level: Friendly tiles are improved by 191.

I'm a little confused. How it was listed, at Level 4, I assume if there were only 2, not 3, enemy special tiles, she would grab both and redistribute, one for us (improved by 38) and one for them. That's how I read it. So isn't the fix is basically doing the same thing? Was it fixing a bug where she would grab both and turn both for our team?
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    lukewin wrote:
    I'm a little confused. How it was listed, at Level 4, I assume if there were only 2, not 3, enemy special tiles, she would grab both and redistribute, one for us (improved by 38) and one for them. That's how I read it. So isn't the fix is basically doing the same thing? Was it fixing a bug where she would grab both and turn both for our team?

Yeah it used to be super hard to get the right conditions but if there were only 2 special tiles she'd steal both.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd bet Capt Marvel change was because of Carnage interaction.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Too bad there is no downvote button to show my disagreement with the CMarvel (and Mistique/stun) nerf!
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    scottee wrote:
    I'd bet Capt Marvel change was because of Carnage interaction.

Pshaw... You make like 15k AOE damage for 11 Red AP is a big deal or something...
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Time: 1961 Place: Space

Cosmo the telepathic dog? I think he had something to do with the Russian space program.

(He's security for the giant floating head that the GotG work out of sometimes)

GuardiansofTheGalaxy2-cosmoRocket.jpg
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

What Got Better:
    - Captain Marvel's Energy Absorption no longer triggers off ally damage.

Can you also fix the bug on Captain Marvel during Survival matches. On DDQ, if I use a power to down the last goon on wave 1, Captain Marvel gains the red AP when wave 2 starts. Happens all the time, Steve Rogers throws a red shield at the last goon, Captain Marvel comes in and gains red AP then kills my shields!

Anyone else have this issue?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

What Got Better:
    - Captain Marvel's Energy Absorption no longer triggers off ally damage.

Can you also fix the bug on Captain Marvel during Survival matches. On DDQ, if I use a power to down the last goon on wave 1, Captain Marvel gains the red AP when wave 2 starts. Happens all the time, Steve Rogers throws a red shield at the last goon, Captain Marvel comes in and gains red AP then kills my shields!

Think this is being addressed as well, as that would be considered ally damage.
  • Malcrof wrote:

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=30550

It's been in play since DDQ started. It's not as big an issue as it can only occur once every 5 days, and only under specific circumstances. I think it might also trigger on critical match damage after the final goon is downed, but am not sure.

Settlement is pretty much weaker than Control Shift now.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    29gin1h.jpg Fin Fang Foom!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Care to elaborate more on the mn magneto change? Does this mean the random red tiles won't overwrite blue tiles now to protect what you place or something else entirely?

This is a change that actually went live some time ago. When putting blue tiles on the board it used to be possible to accidentally overwrite a blue tile with a blue tile.

Over a week ago I noticed that the blue tiles were Xed out on PS.

This is probably because the AI used to target blue tiles, so it is a slight defensive buff.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Looks like I am late to the party but my money is on Mr. Fantastic first, then Thing. The last few chars released are all heavy hitters so I am betting the rubber band man will have some sick stun powers.
  • lukewin wrote:

How you read it is how it's supposed to work, but it didn't. Use to was if there were 2 tiles She Hulk stole them both. Hence the fix. Now it works as it's written which makes it a fairly terrible power.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    FIRST you take away her countdown riddance abilities, and NOW you nerf her "buffed" enemy strike time stealing???

Ya'll do realize that she was unplayable before, correct? Again, why take the time to nerf 2*s (MMN, upcoming 2*Cap, 2*Thor, and possibly OBW), 1*s (possibly MWidow), and unplayable / just a touch above average 3*s.

Makes no sense. lol
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    All the complaining about shulkie is kinda funny. I seem to remember everyone was excited about her AP drain ability, which is what made her playable. In all those conversations, I don't recall settlement ever coming up.

Even with the change to settlement, she still has a good power.
  • blinktag wrote:
    All the complaining about shulkie is kinda funny. I seem to remember everyone was excited about her AP drain ability, which is what made her playable. In all those conversations, I don't recall settlement ever coming up.

Even with the change to settlement, she still has a good power.

Yea, *A* good power. One. Out of Three. Them's not good numbers.

She Hulk is vastly unplayable mainly because she is bad at what she sets out to do. For 9 AP you can buff 2 tiles and steal them (only if they had 3), or you can steal all 3 with Moonstone (or TUs) or you can steal all of all of them for 11 AP with Loki (excluding attack.png ) so Settlement is bad on it's face.

For 9 AP you can do 1644 area damage and some minor board shake, or for 12 AP you can do 3700 with BP, or 3k with KK (who boosts her own green). And for 7 AP you can now do something stupid like 8,000 damage to the enemy team and 4000 to yourself. Power of Attorney also bad.

Furious Charge is actually good. It sucks that it's random but it sometimes saves your bacon. Still, 33% play ability gets her very little play time, only on teams that want/need just 1 green power and a chunk of HP.

So "fixing" her to be weaker than she was is only making the problem worse, especially since she was a recent rebalance treatment victim. I can live with redflag.png if I had to, but Settlement needs readjustment. Maybe reduce it's cost to 7 or 6 or something. Or have it debuff the one enemy tile selected and not transferred.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    lmao

I was gonna quote the exact same thing.

******A***** good power.

Lots of people specifically used Settlement as soon as 2 enemy tiles appeared.

And also.....why would a discussion of Settlement have been "coming up" when her other changes were announced? It sounded OKAY, at the time. And now it does not.

"Kinda funny."
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Plus the Settlement/Power of Attorney combo was already irritating because, a lot of the time, you're waiting for the right time to launch it (because you need 9AP, or the right # of enemy special tiles to come out on the board), so by the time you use it, some of those special tiles have already made their way to the bottom of the board.

So if you wanted to turn/boost some enemy strike tiles so you can do better AOE damage with Power of Attorney, you're screwing yourself because if you had your newly-turned tiles at the bottom, you'll wipe them out immediately when you use PoA.
  • daibar wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?s ... =7&t=30550

It's been in play since DDQ started. It's not as big an issue as it can only occur once every 5 days, and only under specific circumstances. I think it might also trigger on critical match damage after the final goon is downed, but am not sure.

when will the devs stop trying to make moonstone the best character at the expense of everyone else
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

viewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=30550

when will the devs stop trying to make moonstone the best character at the expense of everyone else

A least they ar making her better. Look T poor Bagman the only 2* out of rotation on tokens.