Patch Notes - R78 (06/22/15)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
R78 is here!

Time: 1961 Place: Space

What's New:
    Versus warfare with Carnage and Magneto! Villainous Lightning Rounds abound!

What Got Better:
    - Fixed a bug where the opponent’s Kamala Khan ability
Bring Out the Best and Professor X’s Psychic Convergence were activating despite no ability being cast.
- Magneto (Marvel NOW!)’s Polarity Shift no longer targets blue tiles.
- Captain Marvel's Energy Absorption no longer triggers off ally damage.
- Vision’s ability Attack Protocol and Doctor Octopus’ ability Armed and Dangerous now available for Team-Ups.
- The game will now warn players if they attempt to use Vision’s Density: Heavy or Density: Light and those abilities do not have valid tiles for a Cooldown tile to be placed.
- Fixed incorrect recovery times from a downed state for Elektra, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Kingpin, Professor X, Star-Lord and Iron Fist.
- Mystique no longer attempts to Shapeshift when there are no purple tiles on the board.
- Mystique no longer stuns an opponent while attempting to Shapeshift when there are no purple tiles on the board.
- Black Widow (Grey Suit)’s Sniper Rifle now destroys the correct amount of tiles at level 3.
- She-Hulk’s Settlement (level 4) no longer steals both enemy tiles if there are only 2 enemy special tiles on the board. She-Hulk now only grabs one special enemy tile.
- Stability improvements for Android.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Silver surfer incoming?
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Silver surfer appeared in 1966, that's more probably Reed Richards or Ben Grimm.
  • stochasticism
    Yeah, realized that a bit too late.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Not a bad patch.

I'm confused about Capt Marvel's change. Shouldn't she still absorb the energy from allied damage? It seems her absorption shouldn't be limited like that. But I guess that's the difference between comics and game mechanics.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I'm going with Mr Fantastic here, from their 1961 debut, which is interesting, considering the closeness to the F4 film coming out shortly from Fox.

Any chance you could stop the AI from doing repeated density changes in fights? It's kind of funny watching him go from light to heavy, then the same again next turn, but kind of puts me off ever using Vision on defence
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    So for she-hulk this is essentially a minor nerf?

ok.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Lidolas wrote:
    I'm confused about Capt Marvel's change. Shouldn't she still absorb the energy from allied damage? It seems her absorption shouldn't be limited like that. But I guess that's the difference between comics and game mechanics.

This is fair. You will frequently see 'battery' characters accepting hits from characters in the lead-up to battle. Captain Marvel and Bishop are notorious for this. But, the same is true for Hulk. You frequently see heroes taking pot shots at Banner or a pacified Hulk to rile him up for action.

The change is because it allows for mechanics that break the game, not because they aren't thematically appropriate.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards

ok.

Yeah, I started noticing this yesterday as I excitedly thought she'd be a really nice ally to bring along with Blade to PvP... but no dice. Too bad, with the latest buff she had managed to barely scratch into being playable, now this pseudo-nerf knocks her down a notch into not playable. I know it was never intended to be, but it was the only thing you could with her that gave you guaranteed results; now blue always has a random result, green random stealing, and red random tile destruction.

Nice to have our hopes rekindled of ever having the full F4. Since the next two releases will be 3*s, it's most likely Ben.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards

ok.
    This is already live, see *
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    You forgot to mention the change to healthpacks is already live! I see a timer for healthpacks when I already have 5.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]- She-Hulk’s Settlement (level 4) no longer steals both enemy tiles if there are only 2 enemy special tiles on the board. She-Hulk now only grabs one special enemy tile.

This makes me very sad. She Hulk was already suffering under the Moonstone change, the double steal at 4 blue is the only thing that made her almost tolerable. Now Moonstone TUs do She Hulk's job better than she does, which is very sad. Plus now with Carnage showing us what REAL redflag.png team damage looks like her Power of Attorney is a joke.

Settlement needs a rework, as it stands the "enemy" tile targeted is literally only there for flavor text so she can "deal" as a lawyer, and as I said, Moonstone stealing 3 tiles for 9 is way better than stealing and boosting 2 tiles for 9 usually given the relative strengths of tiles that are out there now. I would have that "boost" value come directly out of the enemy tile, debuffing it by the same amount. Or cap enemy tiles selected at like 50 strength or something. SOME reason why that enemy tile is selected and then passed on.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Settlement should actually steal half (plus 1) of the enemy special tiles. That will go with the flavour of the ability description of "settling" and Jennifer's skills as a lawyer. That way she's more useful in situations when the AI spams special tiles on the board

She's still usable when buffed for the event but i agree that Moonstone's Control Shift does it a lot better than She-Hulk.
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    Orange you glad they've got some Thing else coming in terms of new characters. I hope he rocks and they don't totally brick on the abilities.

----

Lots of the other tweaks and fixes are great. I certainly noticed when Fist got his downed timer fixed. It had been wrong since his release in... February?

---
    Extra health packs seems like it should be good, though I'm sure someone will gripe from their cage about it regardless since I'm sure it's "a nerf to true healers" or something like that.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Mr. Fantastic or Thing
  • stochasticism
    Care to elaborate more on the mn magneto change? Does this mean the random red tiles won't overwrite blue tiles now to protect what you place or something else entirely?
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    It was useful to stun with Shapeshift Mystique even though there was no purple tile to Shapeshift. I think it should warn that there is no tile to Shapeshift to and that only the enemy will be stunned. (I guess that's too complicated for some?)

It was also useful to be able to target blue tiles with Polarity Shift in cases where it would prevent the power (flooded with special tiles or team ups) or destroy my own countdown. I know that this is in line with Deceptive Tactics, but it hurts the player more than helps. So I would vote to go the other way and relax Deceptive Tactics.

Both are corner cases and really don't change the game much, but I'll yell 'Khan!' when I hit these situations. I would have died twice if Shapeshift's stun could not execute.

I have R77 and I still get the Android crash/hung at launch on Note 3 Lollipop. And must kill from task manager. It happens about one in ten times so about twice a day.

Is the new character immediately after Carnage? I was hoping to relax a bit. Barely being in Top 50 is stressful and so much work. The competition is always so high with new characters, but especially for a 4* character.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor

Is the new character immediately after Carnage? I was hoping to relax a bit. Barely being in Top 50 is stressful and so much work. The competition is always so high with new characters, but especially for a 4* character.

I can answer this - the rewards on the Prodigal Sun PVE are Professor X / Beast / Captain Marvel.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please be Skrull. Please be Skrull. Please be Skrull.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Care to elaborate more on the mn magneto change? Does this mean the random red tiles won't overwrite blue tiles now to protect what you place or something else entirely?

Magneto could place blue over blue while selecting targets. From now on, you and the AI cant do that mistake.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Lidolas wrote:

This is fair. You will frequently see 'battery' characters accepting hits from characters in the lead-up to battle. Captain Marvel and Bishop are notorious for this. But, the same is true for Hulk. You frequently see heroes taking pot shots at Banner or a pacified Hulk to rile him up for action.

The change is because it allows for mechanics that break the game, not because they aren't thematically appropriate.
    i thought this was one of the point of her abilities, with her team damage is no longer a total negative, especially when pair with KKhan for a heal to boot, the whole point of having diverse powers is to come up with exciting combinations, i think they should keep it in, if you must nerf it maybe half the bonus gained from team damage. ( but this sounds so stupid!!! she was not top tier to being with now you take away one of her redeeming features). one character comes around and lets not change the new character lets mess up the already existing power, they could of put carnage damage on black so there is less synergy, but no lets not do that.