Crash Compensation

Comments

• Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Its pretty weird this crash problem because I'm an Android user and haven't had a single crash at all. In fact the game has worked fine ever since the Ultron event.

iOS user here and I've had no problems of late, but thanks for the HP and ISO icon_e_smile.gif
  • I want to take a moment to add to the appreciation being shown by the Devs for the compensation for the recent glitches/bugs/crashes.

bb23618b053.jpg
  • Hey guys, here's a post with details on the compensation, coupled with news about Carnage:
    http://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marv ... -10th-2015

Enjoy,
    Kabir

I like that you are re-running carnage. Thank you. Any thoughts on dropping the cover rewards to top 100/50/10 rather than 50/10/5?
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Hey guys, here's a post with details on the compensation, coupled with news about Carnage:

Enjoy,
    Kabir

Ok news for those affected by the bug, much better news for those who weren't affected and are potentially four Carnage covers ahead
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey guys, here's a post with details on the compensation, coupled with news about Carnage:

Enjoy,
    Kabir
    that is very good news. thank you. as one who was not affected by the bugs but by life, as one who regularly hits t50, will love another shot at carnage.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards

Enjoy,
    Kabir

What about the

A list of things I missed because of crash bug
    -Black Panther Yellow
    -2 Taco Tokens
    -Rocket And Groot Yellow, Green and Blue (placement)
    -4100 ISO
    -200 Hero Points
    -Wolverine X Force Green (progression)
    -1000 or so Season score
    -However much ISO a full clear of Dpdq gives

I didn't get because of the crashes? Is that covered by the 250 HP? I don't give a wet fart about the carnage PvE so that doesn't help me in any way. As a pvp focused player, I should just Weep in the corner or what?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:

Enjoy,
    Kabir

What about the

A list of things I missed because of crash bug
    -Black Panther Yellow
    -2 Taco Tokens
    -Rocket And Groot Yellow, Green and Blue (placement)
    -4100 ISO
    -200 Hero Points
    -Wolverine X Force Green (progression)
    -1000 or so Season score
    -However much ISO a full clear of Dpdq gives

I didn't get because of the crashes? Is that covered by the 250 HP? I don't give a wet fart about the carnage PvE so that doesn't help me in any way. As a pvp focused player, I should just Weep in the corner or what?

They won't compensate pvp placement or progression... i just had an entire pvp reset on me (see bugs thread), 2 days worth of progression.. gone.... so don't expect anything from them on that.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    I know others feel different, but I don't see any need to compensate people for not being able to play a game. Because, it is a game. If the local Parks and Rec put together a free-to-join football/basketball/other league, but then for some reason not everyone who wanted to could participate for a week, I wouldn't complain. Yes, there might be lost opportunities, but in the end, it's a free game, and there are no real obligations. I hope those who were or still are crashing have found something else to fill their time. icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    OS and Android Crashing Update (June 10th, 2015)
    Hey everyone,

We’ve had an issue causing the game to crash during matches. We recently resolved this for iOS and are actively working on a fix for Android.

For compensation for this outage, we’ll be giving everyone that played during the outage 250 Hero Points and 1500 Iso-8.

Also, some players were concerned that they weren’t able to compete for Carnage during the crashing issue, so we’re running Carnage as the prize for another PVE event, one that will run next week, around 6/15/15.

WEEE another Grind fest and what will make it even more fun Its going to be a 3 day GRIND FEST WOOOO................

this so does NOT HELP THE PROBLEM, So say its a 7 day event and someone can log in and play and then on day 3 or 4 the crash happens and you lose out on your covers. What is their responce

Guess what guys you get to try for that cover all over again. all of the hard work you put in on the first time until our severs screwed up.. well who cares cause your starting at POINT 0 ONCE AGAIN lol .
  • I received it too and also received an answer to my tickets saying that they will run another carnage pve next week and that there will be NO more compensation.
  • If Carnage is an essential node in this new pve then it's just a slap in the face
  • slidecage
    edited June 2015
    If Carnage is an essential node in this new pve then it's just a slap in the face

Content removed for excessive negativity/misinformation.

In general, PVEs feature the most recently released character as an essential on one or more nodes per sub, but that is not always the case.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I was not personally affected by the crashing issue. However, I felt so strongly about this topic that I am making my first post.

The "compensation" of 250 hero points that they gave people is ridiculous.

People were out for days, missed multiple events, missed several covers. And they were given hero points that would not even purchase a single cover.

A goodwill gesture of giving people a couple of covers would not only have kept them happy and playing (& spending) but would have immediately stopped the complaints.

As it is, there are lots of people that have every reason to feel upset and unhappy.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    dearbluey wrote:

Enjoy,
    Kabir

I like that you are re-running carnage. Thank you. Any thoughts on dropping the cover rewards to top 100/50/10 rather than 50/10/5?

A thousand times this.
    I'm hovering between 20th and 35th most days depending on my grind and when I double checked I had forgotten two covers needs to be top 10. That's a hell of an ask, really. Especially when three covers is only five places higher.

50/25/10 would make more sense if you're demanding players be top 50...but it would be way more fair to say 100/50/10
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:
    If Carnage is an essential node in this new pve then it's just a slap in the face

Content removed for excessive negativity/misinformation.

In general, PVEs feature the most recently released character as an essential on one or more nodes per sub, but that is not always the case.

been a fact that after a 4 star cover the PVE rewards are mostly stuff people do not want (junk)

and its been the case since these new events started. Last 3 rewards has been the next needed 3 people since May 11 so its not going to change.

if Carnage is not needed and they put in another 4 star that is a slap in the face of the people who fought so hard to get it this time. But whatever
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    if history holds, carnage will be the essential for the pve that starts tomorrow (prodigal son). the following pve should get a different essential, right?
  • I found the compensation woefully inadequate. Insulting really.

Just the two DDQs and any reasonable placement on the events that I was forced to miss would surpass this measly compensation by far.

Sure, if the game hadn't been unplayable for 3-4 days and this was all just a freebie, I'd be happy as hell. But no, I got **** out of a bunch of stuff and received _very_ inadequate reparation.

By the way, how lazy or unprofessional does a dev team have to be to not play-test a patch minimally. I mean, don't they test the game on iphones?
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I'm ambivalent about this compensation. On one hand I prefer flat compensations to a handful of random tokens, so this is good. On the other hand, no compensations for the missed DDQ means that those covers(s) have been postponed for about three months (they did not mention a repetition of this week DDQ cycle so I suppose they won't do it).
  • I'm personally really REALLY salty about this.

The lockout for the 36 hours basically cost me:

*1 full day of DDQ, with a Vision Cover that I didn't have, along with 2 Taco Tokens and 3700 ISO.

*The entire Stay On Target PVP, where I've placed above 1000 points easily every other PVP, I would expect no less than this. That means I lost 2 PVP tokens, 100 hp, a Green X-Force cover that I desperately wanted, and a Purple Bullseye cover.

*Any legitimate attempt to top X enough to get a Carnage cover.

And for all of that, I get 250 HP and 1500 ISO.

Go back in my post history, you'll see me usually beating the drum for this game, but I'm done spending $ on it. Next screw up that bad is going to cause me to stop all together. Pretty weak.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here and say that if this is the complete compensation for iOS users, this is simply inadequate.

I won't go as far as to imply that placement or progression rewards should be a consideration, but they were locked out of playing everything for, what? Three days? That's;

A complete wash on the Carnage PvE. Re-running the event realistically puts them further behind the curve.
    A complete wash on DDP. Two Taco Tokens a day. Whatever ISO-8. Each 3* cover.
    A complete wash on at least one PvP.

The ISO-8 and Hero Points awarded today was a fantastic goodwill gesture, and a great start, but it's not a solution at all.

Sending players the Taco Tokens should be a given. Sending players equivalent ISO-8 compensation for DDP should be a given. Sending players (that could earn them) the 3* covers should be a given. Fixing the missed DDP stuff is the easy part.

For PvP, I would personal ere on the side of caution and award a single 3* cover for (each) event.

PvE is a the complex monster, honestly. I would, bare minimum, send everyone (everyone[i/]) one Carnage cover. Then, those affected by the iOS bug should get an additional one. Then, affected Android users should get an additional one (for a total of three).

tl;dr: Compensate for each part of the problem. You can't throw a blanket over a fire and expect it to extinguish.