So...no compensation for the crash bug?

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    If that's all we get, MPQ can piss off. I lost much more than that.
  • It;s a general reward, even those who were not affected have got it. Nothing from the dev's to suggest this is the end of the comp for people directly effected.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arondite wrote:

You can't lose what you didn't have to begin with......
  • Arondite wrote:

It's a game. And they made a goodwill gesture to the players that was fairly reasonable. Would you have preferred a Taco Token? Get over yourself. What did you lose? A few extra hours NOT staring at your phone? So you didn't place in an event. You didn't buy that, so you can't lose it.

If you want to **** and moan about changes to the game, I'm down. If you want to **** and moan about the devs ignoring the community far more than they engage it, I'm down. If you want to **** and moan about the latest patch causing the game to be unstable and crashing, so we can't get our daily fix of MPQ, I'm down.

But when you start **** and moaning about a gesture made by the devs/d3/whoever, in an attempt by them to say: "Hey, we tiny-kittied up. Here's some free stuff.", all I can think to say to you is:

55396541.jpg
    o98v8y.jpg
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Arondite wrote:

It's a game. And they made a goodwill gesture to the players that was fairly reasonable. Would you have preferred a Taco Token? Get over yourself. What did you lose? A few extra hours NOT staring at your phone? So didn't place in an event. You didn't buy that, so you can't lose it.

If you want to **** and moan about changes to the game, I'm down. If you want to **** and moan about the devs ignoring the community far more than they engage it, I'm down. If you want to **** and moan about the latest patch causing the game to be unstable and crashing, so we can't get our daily fix of MPQ, I'm down.

But when you start **** and moaning about a gesture made by the devs/d3/whoever, in an attempt by them to say: "Hey, we tiny-kittied up. Here's some free stuff.", all I can think to say to you is:

55396541.jpg
    o98v8y.jpg

Out of interest, were you affected by the crash bug?
  • IlDuderino wrote:
    Out of interest, were you affected by the crash bug?

Not as hard hit as others were saying. I didn't see a total black out affect. But yes.

Regardless, telling the devs to "piss off" because they gave you something that they did not have to give you, well, that takes brass.

Edit: I should have made you explain WHICH crash bug. icon_lol.gif
  • Arondite wrote:

It's a game. And they made a goodwill gesture to the players that was fairly reasonable. Would you have preferred a Taco Token? Get over yourself. What did you lose? A few extra hours NOT staring at your phone? So you didn't place in an event. You didn't buy that, so you can't lose it.

55396541.jpg
    o98v8y.jpg
    To be fair, these crash bugs could have hypothetically prevented someone from getting Carnage. Which makes 250hp and 1.5k iso seem very insignificant.
  • Arondite
    Arondite wrote:

Fairly reasonable? 1500 ISO and 250 hero points is a reasonable substitution for
    -Black Panther Yellow
    -2 Taco Tokens
    -Rocket And Groot Yellow, Green and Blue (placement)
    -4100 ISO
    -200 Hero Points
    -Wolverine X Force Green (progression)
    -1000 or so Season score
    -However much ISO a full clear of Dpdq gives
    ?

I find it odd you think so, as I totally don't.

Uh, when you miss out on the in-game equivalent of 50-60 dollars (3-star covers converted to hero points converted to dollars ; hero points converted to dollars ; ISO converted to dollars) and instead get the in-game equivalent of ~5 dollars, yeah that's grounds to tell someone to piss off. Their "free stuff" is under a tenth of what their screw up caused me to miss. And no, I don't have to suck it up - this forum is for feedback, and telling them to piss off with their 250 hero points is my feedback in this instance. Don't compensate if you're not willing to compensate. I'd rather have gotten nothing at all than to have a meaningless gesture containing virtually nothing accompanied by the full expectation that I should be placated by such a pittance. That's a god damned insult.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    To be fair, these crash bugs could have hypothetically prevented someone from getting Carnage. Which makes 250hp and 1.5k iso seem very insignificant.

CLICK HERE PLEASE FOR CARNAGE UPDATE
  • Arondite wrote:
    Uh, when you miss out on the in-game equivalent of 50-60 dollars (3-star covers converted to hero points converted to dollars ; hero points converted to dollars ; ISO converted to dollars) and instead get the in-game equivalent of ~5 dollars, yeah that's grounds to tell someone to piss off. Their "free stuff" is under a tenth of what their screw up caused me to miss. And no, I don't have to suck it up - this forum is for feedback, and telling them to piss off with their 250 hero points is my feedback in this instance. Don't compensate if you're not willing to compensate. I'd rather have gotten nothing at all than to have a meaningless gesture containing virtually nothing accompanied by the full expectation that I should be placated by such a pittance. That's a god damned insult.

How much real life cash have you spent on this game?
  • Arondite
    Arondite wrote:

That is immaterial to the discussion at hand.

I have the in-game resources, and on that day the necessary free time to guarantee acquiring the things I wanted. To players regularly placing on the top end of pvp, this "compensation" doesn't actually provide us with anywhere near what playing the game normally would've.
  • raisinbman wrote:

CLICK HERE PLEASE FOR CARNAGE UPDATE
    Well, had no idea.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Arondite wrote:

I hope they start insulting us more often. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • To cut off speculations:

Greetings D3 Go! Customer,

Thank you for contacting D3 Go! Customer Support.

Good news, everyone! We’ve had an issue causing the game to crash during matches. We recently resolved this for iOS and are actively working on a fix for Android.

For compensation for this outage, we’ll be giving everyone that played during the outage 250 Hero Points and 1500 Iso-8. Check your account for these items, and let us know if you do not receive them after 24 hours following this message.

Also, some players were concerned that they weren’t able to compete for Carnage during the crashing issue, so we’re running Carnage as the prize for another PvE event, one that will run next week, around 6/15/15.

We will not be offering additional compensation beyond what has already been provided.Please refer to the following forum post for more information:

http://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marv ... te-6-10-15

If you lost any rewards that were officially earned from an event, we are happy to return them. Please respond with the event name and the type of reward you are missing (personal, alliance, progression). Please keep in mind we are not referring to rewards you would/could have earned, but those you officially did earn. Additionally, if there are any inventory items missing from your account due to the issue, please let us know.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again and it will be a pleasure to help you.

Best Regards,
    D3 Go! Customer Support Team (AJG)
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    The only sure way is take a screenshot before the bug crashes. Now I think about it, it'll be pretty neat if it's similar to PS4 share feature, record your last 15mins of playtime (bit hefty on update/size though).

I'm perfectly satisfied with these generic compensation (but that's just me & a few gamers) as I'm not expecting D3 to track every player current rankings before the crash & determine which one gets what (Carnage) reward.
  • Arondite wrote:

I have the in-game resources, and on that day the necessary free time to guarantee acquiring the things I wanted. To players regularly placing on the top end of pvp, this "compensation" doesn't actually provide us with anywhere near what playing the game normally would've.

How is the question irrelevant to the discussion at hand? Your in game resouces and personal availability are irrelevant to this conversation. Your personal availability is no fault to d3.

You are acting like you are OWED something from D3.

So I am asking you how much of your real, hard earned cash have you spent on this game?

Because unless you spent your real money and then lost it; let's just say you bought HP and bought a specific cover,but because of the crash, it disappeared along with your HP. That would be the only way you would have a sense of entitlement to compensation.

If you did not lose anything that is physical in the real world (ie- real cash due to crash)...

THEY. OWE. YOU. NOTHING.

And everything they give you for this crash/bug/whatever, is at their discretion.

[snark] But if you don't want it, I'll be happy to email CS on your behalf, so they can remove it from your account, maybe they can give it to someone more appreciative or in need, since you obviously have sufficient in game resources. [/snark]
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Arondite wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

You got compensated for not being able to play a game. It's like the US government program of paying farmers to not plant and harvest certain crops. Something for nothing. It's a great system.
  • Arondite
    The snark tags were unnecessary as your whole god damned post was nothing but snark.

The fact is normal participation in events regularly awards me this sort of prizing. Top 1/5 placements are regular occurrences. Instead of the vast prizing I normally receive, I instead a quarter of the cost of a roster slot and less than a level-up of iso-8. If you can't understand how, for a top-end player, that's receiving the equivalent of nothing while having lost the opportunity to earn rewards of actual import, I suppose it simply can't be explained to you. All I can say is that I hope the same is never done to you.
  • Arondite
    Lidolas wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    Arondite wrote:

You got compensated for not being able to play a game. It's like the US government program of paying farmers to not plant and harvest certain crops. Something for nothing. It's a great system.

It's not quite equivalent. This is more along the lines of your boss offering company-wide overtime, even for salaried employees. This overtime will award a 500 dollar stipend for two hours of participation, along with several other in-company incentives.

Your boss then cancels this opportunity the day of because of a mistake he made in scheduling. Some employees are still allowed to participate, but you are among those who cannot.

To "compensate" you, your boss awarded you a 25 dollar gift card to Wal-Mart and 15 cents.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    While I can see both sides to this disagreement, I'm more curious about the method in determining the amount of compensation. Where did 250 and 1500 come from? Any rhyme or reason to it?

While I'm happy to receive anything (although I was not affected) and think that no one should look a gift horse in the mouth, the compensation not equaling the opportunity cost would grind my gears. A fraction of what I could have won is like a quarter as a tip. I'd rather receive nothing instead of a slap in the face that that quarter symbolizes. But at the end of the day, that quarter--slap or not--is more than nothing.