So...no compensation for the crash bug?

Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
A list of things I missed because of crash bug
-Black Panther Yellow
-2 Taco Tokens
-Rocket And Groot Yellow, Green and Blue (placement)
-4100 ISO
-200 Hero Points
-Wolverine X Force Green (progression)
-1000 or so Season score
-However much ISO a full clear of Dpdq gives

But hey. I can't wait to get nothing (as_all_users_were_affected.mpeg) or two event tokens (because_that_will_even_it_out.mp4)

Comments

• Have they said anything yet? My impression from Alliance members was that they had to detail the events they missed via a ticket and things were sorted from there?

I wasn't affected by the issue, so can't really comment, but am sure some members said they had been asked to list the missed events.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why should it be the users responsibility to message customer support detailing what they missed? Any other games company would have the stones to say "Yeah, we ballsed up. Please accept our apologies whilst we lavish your account with goodies over and beyond what you may have or may not have gotten were you able to play. Oh and as a bonus please accept plenty of premium currency to go towards your next on game purchase."
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=9&t=30396&start=340#p369214
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Desidirius wrote:
    Like others I would appreciate some compensation, even if it were just the equivalent of a full Daily Deadpool run.

Hi.

Compensation is under discussion for players that have been affected by recent crashing issues and will likely be issued closer to the end of the week. Unfortunately, it can take some time to sort out who was affected, what is fair compensation and how to get it out to what may be a significant amount of players.

Thanks for your understanding and patience while we work out the details.
  • D3 doesn't compensate for things that won't "ever" happen in the future, which I learned from Earth's Mightiest heroes compensation(or lack thereof)
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Why should it be the users responsibility to message customer support detailing what they missed? Any other games company would have the stones to say "Yeah, we ballsed up. Please accept our apologies whilst we lavish your account with goodies over and beyond what you may have or may not have gotten were you able to play. Oh and as a bonus please accept plenty of premium currency to go towards your next on game purchase."

Fully agree.

Also much of what was missed is impossible to quantify. How do you compensate people that were kicked from their alliances for being uncompetitive or who are now in 900th place in the Carnage PvE? Or those that chose to not enter Carnage PvE due to the problems and now join a bracket in 990th place? Assume they would have come top 50, 150, 500? What is the impact of 1,000 lost on the season score? Would that give a ten pack or one heroic?

I guess they are hoping people will say they missed a couple of heroic tokens and progression tokens and then give that out but that will hardly cover all the variables - one would hope they err on the side of over generosity as a result of this but I can't even kid myself that this is likely
  • Oh, I assumed Linkster was being sarcastic icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    No he probably plays other games like puzzle and dragons where they take care of their player base and go above and beyond when they screw something up
  • Maybe I took him too literally then. As he mentioned "any other games company" and there are loads out there that would basically do bugger all.

I mean these guys aren't generous by any means, but they are far from the worst out there as well. Hence assuming he was being sarcastic. The perils of the internet I guess.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Missed out on many hours of the carnage PVE due to no connection.. and missed my R&G rewards from PVP (shield expired, couldn't log in for hours, finished 102, suck my tinykitty)

Connection issues are not something they can do much about though. And i am thoroughly tired of sending tickets. I will just wait to see what happens and go with whatever they give us.

Anything i lost because of the still ongoing connection issues, i will gain back in time.. not to mention, i am almost caught up on Orphan Black now!
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    I wasn't able to reliably connect to get the Vision Yellow in DDQ last week due to crashes. Should I enter a ticket or not even bother? I'm still waiting on a response to an "escalation" from customer support on the 3BE PVE launch event from a while back, so......
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    No harm in trying to send them a ticket. They could still may well compensate gamers probably in a few days time (after PvE ends).
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2015
    Arondite wrote:
    A list of things I missed because of crash bug
    -Black Panther Yellow
    -2 Taco Tokens
    -Rocket And Groot Yellow, Green and Blue (placement)
    -4100 ISO
    -200 Hero Points
    -Wolverine X Force Green (progression)
    -1000 or so Season score
    -However much ISO a full clear of Dpdq gives

But hey. I can't wait to get nothing (as_all_users_were_affected.mpeg) or two event tokens (because_that_will_even_it_out.mp4)

good luck proving that you would took top 5 to get all 3 covers... will say this if they do give anything for this i will delete this game without seconds if they give people **** for this outage, They told me to fu. off when the ultron thing happen and i got nothing for lossing out on all of my PVP and PVP at that time. If they reward people with this outage after screwing me out of my stuff this company can go tinykitty themself.

EVEN IN THEIR POST ANYONE OVER 300,000 PTS IN THE FIRST ULTRON EVENT WOULD GET THE NEXT QS COVER

I had 396,853 pts and never got the cover when i wrote in they go

YOU DID NOT EARN IT WE WILL NOT GIVE IT TO YOU

so mostly screw it
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Send a ticket in so youre preaching to the void rather than the choir of people here on the forums who felt the issues and have reasonable solutions.
  • Marty17 wrote:
    No harm in trying to send them a ticket. They could still may well compensate gamers probably in a few days time (after PvE ends).

Still waiting on Ultron era tickets, so that few days might be a few days more than a few days... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Missed out on many hours of the carnage PVE due to no connection.. and missed my R&G rewards from PVP (shield expired, couldn't log in for hours, finished 102, suck my tinykitty)

Connection issues are not something they can do much about though. And i am thoroughly tired of sending tickets. I will just wait to see what happens and go with whatever they give us.

Anything i lost because of the still ongoing connection issues, i will gain back in time.. not to mention, i am almost caught up on Orphan Black now!
    they can compensate for connection issues and they kno it.

Especially when they promise to be open 24/7
  • Malcrof
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I understand both sides, as a player, and as someone who works for a software company.

All of that aside, i could submit a ticket.. but i don't want to be that guy who submits a ticket every time anything happens.. I have had to submit 3 total since i started playing, lost all DDQ tokens, Missed BP cover, and the combined arms fiasco.. 2 of which they fixed very satisfactorily and the combined arms mess with all matches being seed teams worth 1 in a PVP.. they said "nothing can be done".

So far their customer service is pretty good, although not always timely, but unless it is something that destroys the game for me, i am going to leave it alone.. i will eventually get the covers etc i missed out on, may take a year, but so be it.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I understand both sides, as a player, and as someone who works for a software company.

All of that aside, i could submit a ticket.. but i don't want to be that guy who submits a ticket every time anything happens.. I have had to submit 3 total since i started playing, lost all DDQ tokens, Missed BP cover, and the combined arms fiasco.. 2 of which they fixed very satisfactorily and the combined arms mess with all matches being seed teams worth 1 in a PVP.. they said "nothing can be done".

So far their customer service is pretty good, although not always timely, but unless it is something that destroys the game for me, i am going to leave it alone.. i will eventually get the covers etc i missed out on, may take a year, but so be it.
    I'd submit a ticket so they can learn from their behavior. Only thing they understand is $$
  • Malcrof
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I'd submit a ticket so they can learn from their behavior. Only thing they understand is $$

I have spent a decent amount, and if they ever have a HP sale, will probably drop for a Stark Salary.. but customer service should not be only for the paying customers.
  • Looks like I'm going to eat my words, just got 1,500 iso and 250 hp for crashing even tho it didn't effect me.

Still wish I would've got compensation for Earth's mightiest heroes which did effect me.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Looks like I'm going to eat my words, just got 1,500 iso and 250 hp for crashing even tho it didn't effect me.

Still wish I would've got compensation for Earth's mightiest heroes which did effect me.
    got the same 1500iso and 250hp. the way I see it there were many in my alliance that could not play for an extended period of time, which affected alliance stuff, so this is perfectly fine for me. if they're getting the same stuff though, that sucks because they actually missed pve clears making carnage impossible for them and I think an entire pvp event.