13»

Comments

• Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    papa07 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    they just retuned all events so they can run as less than 7 days, that's blatantly false and I'd downvote if I could
    New Story Event Schedule
    Starting on 4/30 all of our Story events will last either 3, 4, or 7 days and will fit into a week-long cycle.

We’ve removed the downtime between Story events - each one now is immediately followed by the next.

We’ve made some updates to the events themselves too, streamlining them. We’ve standardized sub-event lengths to be 24 or 48 hours, combined sub-events in places where two were running concurrently, and standardized rewards across sub-events.

It took 2 minutes of searching to prove your comment 100% wrong. Glad they don't let you downvote others for your mistakes anymore.
    Firstly, ignored, secondly, whoosh alert.

There are two ways that I can interpret your response. The first is that you are trying to insult me, but since that would be against GK's rules of order and I don't think anyone can imagine the forums without your insightful and relevant commentary, that can't be it. Therefore, I am assuming that anytime you say whoosh, you are alerting us to the fact that the conversation has gotten too complex for you to follow and you would like a simpler explanation.

Let's give that a try.

When they revamped PvE, Miles clearly stated all PvE events going forward would be 3, 4, or 7 days long. You tried to pass off an erroneous statement that contradicted Miles' statement as a fact. The error in your statement was pointed out to you as well as the original citation, so that you might learn from your mistakes and not continue to pass off falsehoods as facts. To quote George Santayana from 1906, "Those that cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

I hope that helps clarify your confusion with this conversation.
    Good chat guys, i think we should be back on track with this topic. i fine if the keep the 7 day events, if they increase the rewards in the subs or the ending rewards then it may be worth it to farm HP and iso in the longer events.
    mf-140214-246487030411076960.jpg
    also what happened to the double iso events or the mythical double hp events
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    what i hate about 7 day events is i know i can NOT play hardcover over the weekends so why even waste my time even starting. Idea on this event

First day top 35
    2nd day fell to top 60
    Saturday did not play that much fell to 140th
    Sunday did not play that much fell to 285th
    Played hard on monday pushed myself back to 200
    but there is no way to get back top 50, be very lucky to get top 150.

at least on 3 and 4 day events i have soemthing ton play. just going for ISO and once i hit the blue Iron man i think im giving up. Tokens are not worth it anymore Last 30 tokens i opened were all 2 stars
  • slidecage wrote:
    what i hate about 7 day events is i know i can NOT play hardcover over the weekends so why even waste my time even starting. Idea on this event

First day top 35
    2nd day fell to top 60
    Saturday did not play that much fell to 140th
    Sunday did not play that much fell to 285th
    Played hard on monday pushed myself back to 200
    but there is no way to get back top 50, be very lucky to get top 150.

at least on 3 and 4 day events i have soemthing ton play. just going for ISO and once i hit the blue Iron man i think im giving up. Tokens are not worth it anymore Last 30 tokens i opened were all 2 stars

Then play smarter. If you know that you cannot play much over the weekend, wait until Monday or Tuesday to start. You will have much easier brackets without all the crazy (and I use that term with all due respect - I cannot and do not want to play that hard, but I have respect for those who do) grinders that go for 7 days.

I got bad information last night and joined a stale bracket in 518th place. I am currently in 81st and have a good shot at top50. A lot easier than trying to find time to play this weekend around a Honey-Do list as long as my arm and half a dozen kid activities.