Please do away with 7 day events Make them 3 or 4 days each

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
7 day events are just not worth peoples time, Also your forced to make plans to play every freaking day, At least with a 3 day or 4 day event you know what you have to do to play. Also most people are burnt out by day 3 or day 4 on these events. People can play hardcore the first 4 days and then something happens and they miss day 5 but play day 6 and 7 they would still be knocked out of the top 50 just for missing one freaking day.

Maybe make the events from now on

Thursday - sunday
Sunday to Thursday

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes please.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I actually prefer 7 day events for 4* releases.
  • 7 day events need to have a character cover/5,000 iso/100hp(A la the Hulk/Deadpool/Sentry event) at the end if they want to keep them
    DuckyV wrote:

you'd rather grind 7 than 4 days?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    raisinbman wrote:
    7 day events need to have a character cover/5,000 iso/100hp(A la the Hulk/Deadpool/Sentry event) at the end if they want to keep them
    DuckyV wrote:

It allows for more time for separation to occur at the top of the bracket.
  • slidecage
    I would rather see them do Ultron event for 4 stars (first stage not the 2nd insane stage)

would get more tokens, more HP and more ISO this way...
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Agreed, seven day is too long.
  • DuckyV wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    7 day events need to have a character cover/5,000 iso/100hp(A la the Hulk/Deadpool/Sentry event) at the end if they want to keep them
    DuckyV wrote:

7 day evens are bad because reward-wise they are NOT worth it regardless of your preference.

And that 'separation' is even more of a reason to not have 7 day events. What point is there for me to play anymore if I'm 'separated' too far out from top 150 in my bracket?(Note, This is bad for D3, not me. idgatinykitty)
    slidecage wrote:
    I would rather see them do Ultron event for 4 stars (first stage not the 2nd insane stage)

Fat chance, they said only reason players didn't finish ultron rd 2 is cuz they gave up, therefore any 4* will be given thru similar difficulty Ultron Round 2
  • slidecage
    raisinbman wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:

7 day evens are bad because reward-wise they are NOT worth it regardless of your preference.

And that 'separation' is even more of a reason to not have 7 day events. What point is there for me to play anymore if I'm 'separated' too far out from top 150 in my bracket?(Note, This is bad for D3, not me. idgatinykitty)
    slidecage wrote:

Fat chance, they said only reason players didn't finish ultron rd 2 is cuz they gave up, therefore any 4* will be given thru similar difficulty Ultron Round 2

i will admit i gave up on round 7,, it wasnt pretty i was feeding level 1 people to ultron just to open up the sub nods to get the rewards icon_e_smile.gif

really thought it would be interesting to see how many people will get the covers this way compair to how many got it on the ultron way,,, Also you got to remember there was 3 covers for a 3 star you earned with the points you got.

I miss ultron icon_e_sad.gif i miss his pure nakedness icon_e_smile.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only issue I have with 7 day events is that the placement rewards, if one is inclined to chase them, don't really feel equal to the effort expended. T51-100 in Juggernaut Heroic, which was (I believe) a 4-day event: one 3* cover, 1k ISO, 25 HP.

T51-100 in Brotherhood: one 3* cover, 2000 ISO, 50 HP. Going just by what Demiurge charge for ISO and HP, the extra effort you have to expend to secure the same placement is being valued at about $1.75.

T11-20 in Juggernaut: two 3* covers, 1500 ISO, 50 HP
    T11-50 in Brotherhood: one 4* cover, 2500 ISO, 100 HP.

The difference between the two is valued at about $2 (buying one 4* cover costs 2500 HP, versus 2x1250 to buy two 3* covers, so that's a wash). So for an extra three days' effort to move from 51 to somewhere in the 11-50 range, you're being rewarded with about an extra 25 cents in value relative to just finishing top 100.

I don't mind the longer events. Especially if there's story and other things going on to keep things fresh (new characters boosted, different pairings of opponents as long as those pairings don't make me want to deliberately go watch C-SPAN instead), sure. That's fine.

But along with those longer events should come a more reasonable valuation of the player's time. An extra 58-67 cents/day in value from the final reward just doesn't strike me as all that respectful of the time players are being asked to spend playing.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be fine with 7-day events if the rewards were the double of the 3-day events. Grinding 7 days to get the same 3-5 covers that we could get if the event was 3-day long feels bad, man.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate the 7 day events too but this is a result from most of the players begging for 2 changes: Remove 12 hour subs and side by side subs. Iso8 Brotherhood use to be a 4.5 day event, now its 7 days because of those changes.

It was better before.. Shorter events and more tokens. Be careful what you wish for.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate the 7 day events too but this is a result from most of the players begging for 2 changes: Remove 12 hour subs and side by side subs. Iso8 Brotherhood use to be a 4.5 day event, now its 7 days because of those changes.

It was better before.. Shorter events and more tokens. Be careful what you wish for.

I'm sorry to differ but I prefer 7-day events than shorter, double-subbed ones. Each full refresh of both subs (between 15-22 nodes total) took easily over an hour, and if you wanted to grind them both towards the end of the sub, you'd have to allow around 2 hours... every 12 hours. Including the normal refreshes, you had to play the game for like 4-5 hours per day without even counting PVP or DDQ. I'd rather play 2-3 hours for 7 days than that marathon-like pace. (Agreed that rewards should be more numerous, though.)
  • raisinbman wrote:

If you are separated too far from the top 150 in your bracket, it means that you weren't the top 150 in your bracket. Not everyone can win a prize. 7 day events give you more time to separate, more time to make up ground, and more time to enter late in the tournament. They give you more flexibility to play the way that best suits your needs and gives you the best chance for rewards. It is up to you to figure out your path and how to succeed
  • I honestly don't see much difference in separation unless you know that soandso isn't going to be able to play the game on Friday and it wouldn't come into play in a 4 day event as opposed to a 7 day event. Yes people have better days than others but it tends to even out even over 3 days. My placement tends to be very consistent regardless of the length of the event unless something in real life come up but that can apply to anyone. The only difference is that in a 7 day event there's usually enough time for people to realize they've no hope of catching up and then you start seeing the massive separation. That is, let's take a 4*, a lot of the time you'll have say the #1 leading by 1500 points going into the last day. Realistically this is an insurmountable lead, but the guy at #2 is rarely going admit defeat so both players end up wasting a lot of time. If the event was twice as long, then the #1 will likely lead by 3000 points and most likely the #2 will recognize he's not making that up in one day, but he wasn't going to make up 1500 in one day either. Longer events allow mutual backoffs when people realize they're not going to be able to move up or down a tier and then everyone can take it easy (or easier). The only thing I think that should be different is that 7 day event should have 2 3* progression, since if it was broken up to a 3 + 4 day event you'd get 2 3*s normally via progression. If they don't want to hand out 2 3* covers, they can at least be a bit more generous with tokens/HP.
  • I hate the 7 day events too but this is a result from most of the players begging for 2 changes: Remove 12 hour subs and side by side subs. Iso8 Brotherhood use to be a 4.5 day event, now its 7 days because of those changes.

I won't be careful what I wish for because 12 hour subs and double subs suck
    papa07 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

If you are separated too far from the top 150 in your bracket, it means that you weren't the top 150 in your bracket. Not everyone can win a prize. 7 day events give you more time to separate, more time to make up ground, and more time to enter late in the tournament. They give you more flexibility to play the way that best suits your needs and gives you the best chance for rewards. It is up to you to figure out your path and how to succeed

whoosh alert
    Phantron wrote:
    I honestly don't see much difference in separation unless you know that soandso isn't going to be able to play the game on Friday and it wouldn't come into play in a 4 day event as opposed to a 7 day event. Yes people have better days than others but it tends to even out even over 3 days. My placement tends to be very consistent regardless of the length of the event unless something in real life come up but that can apply to anyone. The only difference is that in a 7 day event there's usually enough time for people to realize they've no hope of catching up and then you start seeing the massive separation. That is, let's take a 4*, a lot of the time you'll have say the #1 leading by 1500 points going into the last day. Realistically this is an insurmountable lead, but the guy at #2 is rarely going admit defeat so both players end up wasting a lot of time. If the event was twice as long, then the #1 will likely lead by 3000 points and most likely the #2 will recognize he's not making that up in one day, but he wasn't going to make up 1500 in one day either. Longer events allow mutual backoffs when people realize they're not going to be able to move up or down a tier and then everyone can take it easy (or easier). The only thing I think that should be different is that 7 day event should have 2 3* progression, since if it was broken up to a 3 + 4 day event you'd get 2 3*s normally via progression. If they don't want to hand out 2 3* covers, they can at least be a bit more generous with tokens/HP.

above poster read what Phantron said
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I prefer 7 day events as I work long hours for four days a week and if my rostered work days clash with a whole event it makes me buggered for doing well.

That being said rewards for both progression and final placement need to be pumped up. For 7 days of PvP the rewards far out strip those of PvE in terms of tokens, covers and I so. For example in Iso 8 Brotherhood I beat (barely I may add) L210 Moonstone, Yelena and Goon for a massive 20 iso reward. I go to PvP battle a team of L94 2*'s plus L70 Bullseye and get 70 iso. Doesn't make much sense does it?
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Other than the random grabbing some ISO or a random match, I think I'm staying away from most PVEs (besides Gauntlet) for the time being. The grind is not worth the prize. Too small of a window for placement after grinding for 7 days to find out you miss the top 50, or top 100 because you didn't grind on every refresh. The Gauntlet is simple: you do it or you don't.

With the new point structure for PVP I get much more benefit out of that with progression rewards, whether or not I actually place in the top 50 or so. PVEs needs a serious revamp. Maybe more (less intense) alliance-focused events like Ultron would be a good change of pace while they figure out what to do with the other PVEs.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:

Yeah, me to. I mean, if I'm going to skip a PVE since the character they are releasing isn't worth chasing since you'll never get more covers for it (unless you buy a bunchh) - may as well have a seven day break.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 344 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim wrote:

I'm sorry to differ but I prefer 7-day events than shorter, double-subbed ones. Each full refresh of both subs (between 15-22 nodes total) took easily over an hour, and if you wanted to grind them both towards the end of the sub, you'd have to allow around 2 hours... every 12 hours. Including the normal refreshes, you had to play the game for like 4-5 hours per day without even counting PVP or DDQ. I'd rather play 2-3 hours for 7 days than that marathon-like pace. (Agreed that rewards should be more numerous, though.)

You are aware that they removed all double subs, right?

The discussion isn't between 4 days with double subs or a 7 day event with single subs.

It's between 4 days of single subs or 7 days of single subs.