Please do away with 7 day events Make them 3 or 4 days each

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    always have the option of trying to catch a fresh slice later. I have way too much going on this weekend (funeral, taking the kids up to camp, etc.) to enter now. if I catch a fresh slice Monday or Tuesday, great. if not, I care nothing about the progression and can likely at least climb to t150 with some work regardless of catching a fresh slice. if fresh slices don't come around (my guess is they will come Monday), it doesn't matter because with all of the life disruptions this weekend, I didn't have a chance at it starting before Monday anyway. I really took issue with their decision to nix the small break between pve events and I refuse to grind an event end and then immediately start another event. take the break you need and catch a fresh slice if you can - that's my answer for the mini-burnout.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    It's the natural progression of where PvE has been going.

We complained about global end times, they created time slices.

We complained about 2.5 hour refreshes, they increased it to 8 hours.

We complained about varying sub length times, they standardized to 24 hours.

We complained about multiple subs running at the same time, they changed to consecutive time lines.

Some events have so many subs, the story can't run in less than 7 days.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    orionpeace wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:

I'm sorry to differ but I prefer 7-day events than shorter, double-subbed ones. Each full refresh of both subs (between 15-22 nodes total) took easily over an hour, and if you wanted to grind them both towards the end of the sub, you'd have to allow around 2 hours... every 12 hours. Including the normal refreshes, you had to play the game for like 4-5 hours per day without even counting PVP or DDQ. I'd rather play 2-3 hours for 7 days than that marathon-like pace. (Agreed that rewards should be more numerous, though.)

You are aware that they removed all double subs, right?

The discussion isn't between 4 days with double subs or a 7 day event with single subs.

It's between 4 days of single subs or 7 days of single subs.

And you are aware that, 1) I already expressed my position on that discussion earlier on the thread, and 2) I was replying to someone who literally said that he preferred shorter pves with side-by-side subs, right?
  • SnowcaTT wrote:
    DuckyV wrote:
    I actually prefer 7 day events for 4* releases.

Yeah, me to. I mean, if I'm going to skip a PVE since the character they are releasing isn't worth chasing since you'll never get more covers for it (unless you buy a bunchh) - may as well have a seven day break.
    now this is a legit reason to ask for 7 day events lol
    Lidolas wrote:

We complained about multiple subs running at the same time, they changed to consecutive time lines.

they just retuned all events so they can run as less than 7 days, that's blatantly false and I'd downvote if I could
  • I prefer the 7 day myself as well, mainly because of the more sub events - reward ratio. I like to hoard HP from these events. Plus with only 3-4 day events, that means D3 will be releasing more characters faster than I can buy roster slots.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    raisinbman wrote:
    Lidolas wrote:

they just retuned all events so they can run as less than 7 days, that's blatantly false and I'd downvote if I could

Would you mind expanding that thought, please? I'm not catching what you're throwing.
  • I prefer the 7 day myself as well, mainly because of the more sub events - reward ratio. I like to hoard HP from these events. Plus with only 3-4 day events, that means D3 will be releasing more characters faster than I can buy roster slots.
    But we're discussing how the rewards are NOT proportionate.

With their new system, a 7 day event only has to be 3/4 subs, and we just got 3 subs out of a 3 day event(Jugg Heroic).

Maybe that argument held truth before 'streamlined' events, but its no longer true.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    I prefer the 7 day myself as well, mainly because of the more sub events - reward ratio. I like to hoard HP from these events. Plus with only 3-4 day events, that means D3 will be releasing more characters faster than I can buy roster slots.
    But we're discussing how the rewards are NOT proportionate.

With their new system, a 7 day event only has to be 3/4 subs, and we just got 3 subs out of a 3 day event(Jugg Heroic).

Maybe that argument held truth before 'streamlined' events, but its no longer true.

Well, speaking to that, I could always use more HP. Wasn't there a 7 day event that had double the reward in terms of ISO and HP for a 7 day event compared to a 3-4 day event in the beginning of the stream lined events? I would think that a 7 day event would produce double the reward compared to a 3-4 day event in terms of HP and ISO.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hell im already burnt out after one day. I leave at 10am and in 33 slot (in the noon slot) i get back at 2pm and iam now 185th.

D3 you do know most of the people who play these games Have JOBS and can not play 10 hours per day like most of the people who are in the top 5 all the time. If you dont put at least 6 to 7 hours a day into this game there is no way your making top 10 let alone top 5 for what nothing.

ALSO love the tokens just opened up 15 tokens ALL 15 2 stars so i even wasted my time on that.

PVE has became a joke
    PVP is even now a bigger joke ... PVP is now 100% pay to win, you dont pay for a sheild you will never win
  • Pylgrim
    slidecage wrote:
    Hell im already burnt out after one day. I leave at 10am and in 33 slot (in the noon slot) i get back at 2pm and iam now 185th.

D3 you do know most of the people who play these games Have JOBS and can not play 10 hours per day like most of the people who are in the top 5 all the time. If you dont put at least 6 to 7 hours a day into this game there is no way your making top 10 let alone top 5 for what nothing.

ALSO love the tokens just opened up 15 tokens ALL 15 2 stars so i even wasted my time on that.

PVE has became a joke
    PVP is even now a bigger joke ... PVP is now 100% pay to win, you dont pay for a sheild you will never win

Putting 10 hours into PVE would be ridiculously counterproductive. You are supposed to only play once every 8 hours (except at a sub's end) for optimal results. Dropping from 33 to 185 is par for the course if you haven't played in 6 hours. You'll get back up to were you were once you play another refresh.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

PVE has became a joke

Putting 10 hours into PVE would be ridiculously counterproductive. You are supposed to only play once every 8 hours (except at a sub's end) for optimal results. Dropping from 33 to 185 is par for the course if you haven't played in 6 hours. You'll get back up to were you were once you play another refresh.

takes you around 30 mins to hour to do a clear (at least on my levels it does) so there is 2 hours then 2 + hours near the end to get the most points that is 4+ hours then you have the 2+ hours to put in PVP not to mention Daily and season.
  • If you can clear the nodes 4 times each in the last 8 hours you wouldn't be #185 or whatever. That's probably close to a top 10 level even in a competitive bracket.

It takes a lot of time to do well in PvE but it comes with a corresponding reward. You literally cannot play for 3 hours straight at the last 8 hours without winning most of these games because there's no way your health packs can possibly hold if you didn't win most of those games, and that will definitely get you a great placement if you can win that many games.
  • Pylgrim
    slidecage wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

PVE has became a joke

takes you around 30 mins to hour to do a clear (at least on my levels it does) so there is 2 hours then 2 + hours near the end to get the most points that is 4+ hours then you have the 2+ hours to put in PVP not to mention Daily and season.

I timed myself today. A full clear of PVE takes me 35-40 minutes, double that before the end of the sub. At 4 refreshes per day, that's around 3 hours. With that amount of effort, I am top 3 in my bracket in PVE. DDQ is 15 minutes max. PVP I play in random bursts of 10-15 minutes (so 3-4 fights) which with the increased scoring are around of 200 points, so I only need to play twice like that per day to achieve 800 points, a bit more the last day if I want to get 1k. In total, no more than 4 hours per day.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    New Story Event Schedule
    Starting on 4/30 all of our Story events will last either 3, 4, or 7 days and will fit into a week-long cycle.

We’ve removed the downtime between Story events - each one now is immediately followed by the next.

We’ve made some updates to the events themselves too, streamlining them. We’ve standardized sub-event lengths to be 24 or 48 hours, combined sub-events in places where two were running concurrently, and standardized rewards across sub-events.

It took 2 minutes of searching to prove your comment 100% wrong. Glad they don't let you downvote others for your mistakes anymore.
  • papa07 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    New Story Event Schedule
    Starting on 4/30 all of our Story events will last either 3, 4, or 7 days and will fit into a week-long cycle.

We’ve removed the downtime between Story events - each one now is immediately followed by the next.

We’ve made some updates to the events themselves too, streamlining them. We’ve standardized sub-event lengths to be 24 or 48 hours, combined sub-events in places where two were running concurrently, and standardized rewards across sub-events.

It took 2 minutes of searching to prove your comment 100% wrong. Glad they don't let you downvote others for your mistakes anymore.
    Firstly, ignored, secondly, whoosh alert.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:

PVE has became a joke

What are you talking about PvP and don't pay for a shield will never win? You've always had to use at least one shield to hold a top spot depending on when you climbed. Nothing changed there. With the new point system if you only want 1k and don't care about placement it's way easier to hit 1k with using zero shields. So it's less pay to win now. I've seen you complain about many things that other players are not experiencing.

With regards to 7 day events...stop being self absorbed. Some players like them, you don't have to play events you don't like. You also have an option of joining 7 day events with only three days left as well. There are ways to find out when there are fresh brackets as well. Try to figure out smarter ways to play instead of asking the game to change for you.
  • For me the bigger deal is having breaks again between events. In the past a seven day event wasn't a big deal, because then there would be a break in which I could take it easy for a few days or participate at my own leisure in PvP. Now with the non-stop events, I find it more likely to burnout. I'm apparently not the only one burning out from this new pace of the game.

Serious, why would D3 start a new event while also have 3-4 days left in the Gauntlet? The same mess happened during the Ultron event, I didn't give up on Ultron 2 because of the higher points required, I gave up because the developers burnt me out. I for one, have no idea how many times I can burn-out and take a rest before I just stop logging into the game completely.

Please Devs, relax the pace of the game, you're killing many of your players!
  • slidecage wrote:

PVE has became a joke

What are you talking about PvP and don't pay for a shield will never win? You've always had to use at least one shield to hold a top spot depending on when you climbed. Nothing changed there. With the new point system if you only want 1k and don't care about placement it's way easier to hit 1k with using zero shields. So it's less pay to win now. I've seen you complain about many things that other players are not experiencing.

With regards to 7 day events...stop being self absorbed. Some players like them, you don't have to play events you don't like. You also have an option of joining 7 day events with only three days left as well. There are ways to find out when there are fresh brackets as well. Try to figure out smarter ways to play instead of asking the game to change for you.
    so since some players like doing more work for the same amount of prizes, that's okay?

And the "smartest" way to play is Deadpool daily, BTW, if we're gonna take it there.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Monsoon wrote:
    For me the bigger deal is having breaks again between events. In the past a seven day event wasn't a big deal, because then there would be a break in which I could take it easy for a few days or participate at my own leisure in PvP. Now with the non-stop events, I find it more likely to burnout. I'm apparently not the only one burning out from this new pace of the game.

Serious, why would D3 start a new event while also have 3-4 days left in the Gauntlet? The same mess happened during the Ultron event, I didn't give up on Ultron 2 because of the higher points required, I gave up because the developers burnt me out. I for one, have no idea how many times I can burn-out and take a rest before I just stop logging into the game completely.

Please Devs, relax the pace of the game, you're killing many of your players!

I don't get this point at all. You do not have to play every event. I skipped gauntlet, played a few nodes of it. I've skipped a lot of pves maybe played a few nodes here or there. True, not easy to skip season PvPs but many in my alliance do skip some. Though PvPs are hardly time consuming.

This game is all about roster and events. If there are no events then all you can do is stare at your roster. There are what, 1 million installs? There should be constant events for those people to play. If you or I feel burnt out then let's not play every event. So what of you miss on new cover...I have so many characters to level anyway.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    New Story Event Schedule

Firstly, ignored, secondly, whoosh alert.

There are two ways that I can interpret your response. The first is that you are trying to insult me, but since that would be against GK's rules of order and I don't think anyone can imagine the forums without your insightful and relevant commentary, that can't be it. Therefore, I am assuming that anytime you say whoosh, you are alerting us to the fact that the conversation has gotten too complex for you to follow and you would like a simpler explanation.

Let's give that a try.

When they revamped PvE, Miles clearly stated all PvE events going forward would be 3, 4, or 7 days long. You tried to pass off an erroneous statement that contradicted Miles' statement as a fact. The error in your statement was pointed out to you as well as the original citation, so that you might learn from your mistakes and not continue to pass off falsehoods as facts. To quote George Santayana from 1906, "Those that cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

I hope that helps clarify your confusion with this conversation.