"A Sense of Community".

124»

Comments

• raisinbman wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    they will always be blasted....that's just how the world works. Go look at youtube video comments or news article comments. And those of us who speak truly are upvoted. Look at general right now. You see some kneejerk reactions, but we also have some well thought out responses(HP Suck commentary) that have tons and tonnes of upvotes

Can I take a second to point out the utter irony in this statement?

I don't want to derail anything too drastically, but stew on that a little bit. The biggest problem with internet commentary is people don't have to think about what they're say, because there are not direct impacts on themselves, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't.
    its more than just the internet

So does that make it okay for me to be mean to you "because it happens"?
    who said that?

If you want to change the world, it all starts with u

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    they will always be blasted....that's just how the world works. Go look at youtube video comments or news article comments. And those of us who speak truly are upvoted. Look at general right now. You see some kneejerk reactions, but we also have some well thought out responses(HP Suck commentary) that have tons and tonnes of upvotes

Youtube comments? you read those? You're a braver man than I am <shudder>
  • Wonko33 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Youtube comments? you read those? You're a braver man than I am <shudder>
    not for a long, long time....beyond Supradarky's VGM, lol.

But you know what I mean - everyone's a critic/a-hole, but the trick is figuring out which ones are legitimate
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's not how it works. You can't give some people a pass because "people are a-holes" or "that's just how the world works", but then quickly about face and vilify it when it comes to other cases. That's called being a hypocrite.
  • That's not how it works. You can't give some people a pass because "people are a-holes" or "that's just how the world works", but then quickly about face and vilify it when it comes to other cases. That's called being a hypocrite.
    who said im giving anyone a pass? I'm explaining how the world works.

Yes, you can "vilify" some cases, because some are legitimate and some aren't.

And no, I'm not giving anyone a pass. The fists of justice don't discriminate.

Going back to my original point:

You can't tell me there aren't some people on this board that are RIGHT, but not necessarily nice about it.

On the flip side, you have kneejerk reactors who basically speak for themselves. Pure feeling.

If you don't agree at all, it must be nice to not have to deal with incensed ppl in your world who've been wronged and aren't happy about it.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm done with this line of conversation. Either you need to work on how you word your sentences or you're being intentionally daft - either way this is going nowhere fast.

That being said, I'm going to go ahead and lock this, as per OP's request. It's served it purpose! If you have anything else to add, feel free to PM me with ideas!
This discussion has been closed.