Puzzle Quest Cover Tracker

Options

Comments

• Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    The attainable level column is pretty sweet.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    I only need 3.1 million iso! Woo!
  • thesamuraipig
    thesamuraipig Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    nbperp wrote:
    One request? Maybe a grand total for ISO To Cap somewhere?

That feature already exists:

1 - Click the "Actions" button
    2 - Click Format
    3 - Click Aggregate
    4 - Select the Function SUM
    5 - Select the column ISO TO CAP
    6 - Click APPLY
    7 - Scroll to the bottom of the screen

If you want this to always be available:
    1 - Click the "Actions" button
    2 - Click "Save Report"
    3 - Give it a name you can remember
    4 - Click APPLY
    (The system will now give you a drop down list of views you can select from, each one will be whatever specific search queries/computations/aggregations you've already selected, but always fresh with the latest data)

Awesome. Again...great job!
  • cuviper
    cuviper Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Found a bug: you can over-level zero-cover characters, and if you go too far they disappear entirely.

For instance, add Yelena (assuming you're sane and didn't already have her). She'll have no covers, current level 1, level cap "-". Now if you were to add any covers, it wouldn't let you bump the level too high. Left at no covers, you can up the current level as you like. Try maxing to 40, no problem.

Now copy her "remove" link, you'll need it! Try setting her to 100. No complaint, but she'll disappear -- neither in the owned nor unowned lists. (maybe this is a good thing...) Use that saved "remove" link to reset her. If that fails, you may be able to use the flashback tool to find her again, and set her back to level 1.

Anyway, it's a neat tool, thanks!

It would also be nice if the character view let you see other people's preferences in aggregate, so I can see at a glance what's most popular -- like the wiki's Best Build poll.

I'm sure some people will want to track duplicated characters too, but I'm too roster-slot poor for that...
  • nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    cuviper wrote:
    Found a bug: you can over-level zero-cover characters, and if you go too far they disappear entirely.

For instance, add Yelena (assuming you're sane and didn't already have her). She'll have no covers, current level 1, level cap "-". Now if you were to add any covers, it wouldn't let you bump the level too high. Left at no covers, you can up the current level as you like. Try maxing to 40, no problem.

Now copy her "remove" link, you'll need it! Try setting her to 100. No complaint, but she'll disappear -- neither in the owned nor unowned lists. (maybe this is a good thing...) Use that saved "remove" link to reset her. If that fails, you may be able to use the flashback tool to find her again, and set her back to level 1.

Anyway, it's a neat tool, thanks!

It would also be nice if the character view let you see other people's preferences in aggregate, so I can see at a glance what's most popular -- like the wiki's Best Build poll.

I'm sure some people will want to track duplicated characters too, but I'm too roster-slot poor for that...

I'll look into that glitch after Origins.

I'm not clear on what oyu mean - you DO see other people's preferences as an average. What aggregate would you be looking for?

As for duplicate characters - I considered that, but it is much easier to run it this way. If there's enough demand, I'll consider it.
  • cuviper
    cuviper Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    nbperp wrote:
    I'm not clear on what oyu mean - you DO see other people's preferences as an average. What aggregate would you be looking for?

Oh, I missed the average -- there it is at the end of a few pages of users. That will only get more hidden as your userbase increases... maybe sort the average first in the list? Or in a separate field? I don't know that showing other users individually is worth much to me at all, honestly.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is cool but the only thing I could think of is D3 should've done this lol.... icon_cool.gif

ISo to cap: 2402142 rofl
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Suggestion: Instead of having a "Colors" column could we have three columns, each with one of the colours? That way, you'd be able to filter by colours alone (i.e. you can easily filter all characters that have a yellow ability, or that have blue AND red, etc.)

Thanks for doing this!
  • nbperp
    Options
    Some interesting things about this database. Interesting to see other preferences vs owned. Two weaknesses I can think of...
    1) some players would be turned off by volunteering this info publicly (of course, it's already findable, but you know people can be nuts), and

Not sure why hey would be, but hey, no one is forcing them to use the app.
    2) it's relying on user input. A lot of 0's I spotted in the preference columns. Also, if not all users are updating over time, relevance suffers. Can you weed out stale accounts?

When averages are calculated, it ignores anyone who only has the defaults of "0", so those lazy players do not affect the calculation. I've put in code that I think should remove them from displaying as well. Also moved the average up to be the top row, so it won't get buried as we have more users.
    And duplicates....I can't really use this without them, nor would it fully reflect my roster or plans.
    [/quote]

This is not a simple matter. I can look into it, but not until after Origins.
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Suggestion: Instead of having a "Colors" column could we have three columns, each with one of the colours? That way, you'd be able to filter by colours alone (i.e. you can easily filter all characters that have a yellow ability, or that have blue AND red, etc.)

You can do this already -
    1 - Click on the word "Colors" at the top of the column
    2 - In the Filter box, enter the color you want to limit yourself to (e.g., "red")
    3 - Repeat steps 1 & 2, entering in the second color you want the character to have

NEW FEATURE (per request)
    Just below the ISO box, you will now see a link for "Static (Public) Link" - this will lead you to a page you can copy/paste (or just copy the link) to lat folks see what your roster consists of.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I went to update both the number of covers and the levels of some of my characters.

What I found was that if I updated both the covers and the levels at the same time, I would get an error explaining that I had exceeded the level cap.

This of course is considering the level cap based on the old number of covers and not the new covers.

The fix is to update the covers first and then go back and update the levels, but it might be better for the tool to use on a go forward basis if the error message would not pop up unless the level cap for the new number of covers was exceeded.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I was using the tool to look for an active Blue user that I can bring in to cover the massive number of Blue passives that I have.

The tool works well for that. Just filter [color] [contains] [blue] in the three boxes and there they all are.

SW, Falcon, and Hood all end up tanking blue that can't be used. Thanks to the tool, I could quickly see that 3aken, IMHB, 3* Magneto, or Mystique (situationally) would work out given the current state of my characters and covers and that 2Storm, BP, Doom, or Beast would work if they were weekly boosted.

SW pairs nicely with either Mystique (except they both need the purple that both can produce with blue) or Magneto.
    Falcon pairs with either 3aken or Magneto (Magneto actively uses both of Falcon's passives, Falcon actively uses 3aken's Purple passive).
    Hood pairs well with any of them, but my IMHB has no Red covers, so that team would need to feed Red to a third.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Perhaps I'm missing it, but a way to mass-add characters when first setting up would be a nice feature to have.
  • nbperp
    Options
    I'm back from Origins and Carnage has been added to the tracker, for those folks lucky enough to have scored him already.

Over the next week or so, I'll be working on:

1 - "Initial Account Setup" which would allow users to multi-add a number of characters.
    2 - Removing the list of all users and their preferences/actual covers - the only really useful information is the average (and the display of all that data is what I think is making clicking into that page so slow). I will likely move that data into its own page that you can click into from the character-specific page.

Longer Timeframe Features
    3 - tracking "multiple characters" for folks who recruit the same character more than once.
    4 - having the level validation examine the current cover count, not the count when the page as loaded.
  • nbperp
    Options
    There is now a button to "Add Multiple Characters" which will let you use checkboxes to select and add the characters to your inventory en masse.

Also, the character view should load faster now, as I'm no longer showing everyone's listing/wish, just the averages of the current level, and each wish.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kinda silly question but how do you add new characters to your existing roster? Is it search for the character (or does that just seek your own roster)? As I don't see any other options than that.
  • nbperp
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    Kinda silly question but how do you add new characters to your existing roster? Is it search for the character (or does that just seek your own roster)? As I don't see any other options than that.

The main page has 2 sections - the top portion with a list of your characters (with your desired/actual builds, level, etc.) and then, below that, is a list of characters you do not own. Click on the link for a character and it will be added to your roster.

I have begun the process of retooling so that people can own multiple versions of a character. As I started the redesign, I came up with other small changes so it's going to take me a bit longer than I expected.
  • phenedate
    phenedate Posts: 2
    Options
    When I click on a character I own to see the communities average build I get an error. ORA-01403: no data found.
    I was wondering why I couldn't see this average everyone was talking about!
    Know why that's happening?
  • nbperp
    Options
    phenedate wrote:
    When I click on a character I own to see the communities average build I get an error. ORA-01403: no data found.
    I was wondering why I couldn't see this average everyone was talking about!
    Know why that's happening?

Is it every character or one in particular? Also, what's your user name, I'll debug.
  • Unknown
    Options
    nbperp wrote:
    There is now a button to "Add Multiple Characters" which will let you use checkboxes to select and add the characters to your inventory en masse.

Also, the character view should load faster now, as I'm no longer showing everyone's listing/wish, just the averages of the current level, and each wish.

Great job! About the 'Add Multiple Characters' option, I feel that it might be useful to have a check / select all button for each group? For example I have all the 3*** characters and can simply click on select all instead of clicking for like 40 times?

Thank you!
  • nbperp
    Options
    Gongz wrote:
    nbperp wrote:

Great job! About the 'Add Multiple Characters' option, I feel that it might be useful to have a check / select all button for each group? For example I have all the 3*** characters and can simply click on select all instead of clicking for like 40 times?

Thank you!

I'm well underway with the next version, but I'll add this into that when I have the chance.