Funniest Comics and Meme's

Options

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Had to make this fit - here's one of Spider-Man, the Punisher, and a woman named Rachel Cole-Alves who assisted the PunPun for a time:
    lNcIXcZ.jpg?2

(Stupid Mouth...)

So...how did he NOT get killed by S̶o̶l̶i̶d̶ ̶S̶n̶a̶k̶e̶ Punisher after that?

Hid in a box. Spoiler.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    S5Di5kG.jpg
  • Malcrof
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    I do see Cap as Lawful Good, mainly for the reasons loroku already pointed out.
    loroku wrote:
    I actually agree with Steve being Lawful Good. It's more about intent, I think, than actual laws; he follows his own code, and most of the time it's in agreement with society's laws, but sometimes it's not, and that's ok. Because it's still his code, and he still intends to follow it because he thinks it's right.

In original first-edition D&D, the Lawful alignment is defined as holding the belief that everything in life and existence should follow some form of order and that obeying rules is the natural way of life. Chaotic alignment is defined as holding the belief that life is random and up to chance and luck. Lawful characters aim to protect the interest of the group over the individual, whereas chaotic characters value the individual over the group. (Note that they explicitly value any individual over the group. Chaos does not mean valuing yourself more than others!)

Under those definitions, the first; Lawful, is quintessential Tony Stark: a scientist who operates on the belief that everything works according to a system. A man who looks at the big picture and the extremely long play. Someone who is not above moving live assets like pieces on a chessboard if it means coming out on top in the long run and who is not above sacrificing a few if he must.

And the second; Chaotic, is quintessential Steve Rogers: a man who operates according to a set of morals that are his and his alone and who is guided mostly by his own gut. A man who strongly believes in the rights of the individual and who will not accept that sacrifice of the individual can mean preservation of the group. He will endeavour to find another way.

Third-edition D&D is where things get interesting. The first edition's definitions are mostly upheld, but negative connotations are added to them. Lawful characters can be closed-minded and traditional or may lack adaptability, whereas Chaotic characters can be reckless and disdainful of authority.

Tony and Steve are kind of weird, because the combine the positive of one alignment with the negative values of the other.

Galactus is either (True) Neutral for being a form of balance-bringer in the universe, or a Neutral Evil for being selfish and having no qualms about sacrificing others or recruiting others into his service and granting them power, just as long as it furthers his goals, while simultaneously not going out of his way to cause additional harm. (He simply must feed.)
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    I do see Cap as Lawful Good, mainly for the reasons loroku already pointed out.
    loroku wrote:
    I actually agree with Steve being Lawful Good. It's more about intent, I think, than actual laws; he follows his own code, and most of the time it's in agreement with society's laws, but sometimes it's not, and that's ok. Because it's still his code, and he still intends to follow it because he thinks it's right.

In original first-edition D&D, the Lawful alignment is defined as holding the belief that everything in life and existence should follow some form of order and that obeying rules is the natural way of life. Chaotic alignment is defined as holding the belief that life is random and up to chance and luck. Lawful characters aim to protect the interest of the group over the individual, whereas chaotic characters value the individual over the group. (Note that they explicitly value any individual over the group. Chaos does not mean valuing yourself more than others!)

Under those definitions, the first; Lawful, is quintessential Tony Stark: a scientist who operates on the belief that everything works according to a system. A man who looks at the big picture and the extremely long play. Someone who is not above moving live assets like pieces on a chessboard if it means coming out on top in the long run and who is not above sacrificing a few if he must.

And the second; Chaotic, is quintessential Steve Rogers: a man who operates according to a set of morals that are his and his alone and who is guided mostly by his own gut. A man who strongly believes in the rights of the individual and who will not accept that sacrifice of the individual can mean preservation of the group. He will endeavour to find another way.

Third-edition D&D is where things get interesting. The first edition's definitions are mostly upheld, but negative connotations are added to them. Lawful characters can be closed-minded and traditional or may lack adaptability, whereas Chaotic characters can be reckless and disdainful of authority.

Tony and Steve are kind of weird, because the combine the positive of one alignment with the negative values of the other.

Galactus is either (True) Neutral for being a form of balance-bringer in the universe, or a Neutral Evil for being selfish and having no qualms about sacrificing others or recruiting others into his service and granting them power, just as long as it furthers his goals, while simultaneously not going out of his way to cause additional harm. (He simply must feed.)

Interesting stuff, thanks for posting that. I guess I disagree with the D&D written definitions of Lawful and Chaotic then, but hey, it's their Alignment Table in the first place! And that opinion is coming from my gut, which is apparently the stuff of chaos! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nah, won't let this thread die...

4_.jpg
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    42078f5d07d21e112291c68cab357d3ffd8d38799dba988f1dc6ccc457ecfe08_1.jpg
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    marvel-memes-photo-u1.jpg
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    what_if___deadpool_and_harley_quinn_had_kids_____by_m7781-d4xq8ro_1000w.jpg

deadpool-sushi.jpg?w=1024
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cylaali wrote:
    42078f5d07d21e112291c68cab357d3ffd8d38799dba988f1dc6ccc457ecfe08_1.jpg

See also
    tumblr_ntg0r4U3xr1s5aaxpo1_1280.jpg
  • GrimSkald
    Options

You know it's bad when the hypothetical relationship with a psychotic mercenary is 10x better than her actual one...
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If Marvel and DC ever cross over again, this has to happen. It must! ... It must!
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    So I guess it's a Deadpool sort of day...

01865d519f67de492cda7eb1785f9258.jpg
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:

You know it's bad when the hypothetical relationship with a psychotic mercenary is 10x better than her actual one...

Seems ... kinda tame, actually.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    More Punisher:

archie_meets_punisher.jpg
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    More Punisher:

o.O
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    20three wrote:
    EajMEPOg.jpg

: |

LOLOLOMG...I scared my co-workers I laughed so hard at this! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    More Punisher:

o.O

All the more so, because apparently it's actually a comic...
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    roflbot.jpg

We just don't love him like we did in 1997 : /
  • Malcrof
    Options
    punisher-welcome-back-frank_465.jpg