Funniest Comics and Meme's

Options

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    While not "ha ha" funny, I figure old AD&D players would get a kick out of this:

marvel-635x635.jpg

I do disagree with one part, Galactus should be True Neutral, he's just a force of cosmic nature. The Watcher would be Lawful Neutral actually, since he's following the non-interference law of his people.

But you have no problem with Steve Rogers as Lawful Good? Steve; the guy that will ignore the chain of command or go rogue if his own moral compass demands it? Steve is prototypal Chaotic Good; follows his own gut and moral compass. Tony is more a Lawful Good than Steve, for $deity$'s sake. Tony is known to attempt to leverage (and at times subvert) law and governance in forwarding his goals. And as a scientist foremost, he works within the laws of science to expand the repetoire of possible gadgetry and weaponry he can fit in his armors.

Also; Silver Surfer is more a Neutral Good than a Lawful Neutral as well. Norrin is also not above breaking a few rules here and there when he feels he must and even when still on Galactus' leash he would endeavour to minimize damage to others, by leading him only to desolate or marginally populated worlds.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    Green_Goblin.jpg
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    the-avengers-meme.jpeg
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,512 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They said that, did they? They also said this:

Comic-Book-Meme-14.jpg

This one was used to welcome Cthulhu, but now it's here:

aquaman-meme.jpg
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Marvel-Comics-Meme-5.jpg
  • Redrobot30
    Options
    c51.jpg
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    iaTYFI4.jpg
  • Malcrof
    Options
    TJ53IHQ.jpg
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    TJ53IHQ.jpg

When a fictional sentient tree monster makes for a more exciting prospect than the existing options...
  • Redrobot30
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    TJ53IHQ.jpg

When a fictional sentient tree monster makes for a more exciting prospect than the existing options...

I'd vote for Groot, heck, my Grandma used to vote for Mickey Mouse all the time icon_e_smile.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    c51.jpg

Are those all D. Piddy?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    tumblr_o3mnrmSnYP1qzag1wo1_500.png
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

I really hope this scene is in the movie.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I really hope this scene is in the movie.

I always wondered why in the old TV series he would duck when they threw the gun at him. Now I know.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    marvel-635x635.jpg

I do disagree with one part, Galactus should be True Neutral, he's just a force of cosmic nature. The Watcher would be Lawful Neutral actually, since he's following the non-interference law of his people.

But you have no problem with Steve Rogers as Lawful Good? Steve; the guy that will ignore the chain of command or go rogue if his own moral compass demands it? Steve is prototypal Chaotic Good; follows his own gut and moral compass. Tony is more a Lawful Good than Steve, for $deity$'s sake. Tony is known to attempt to leverage (and at times subvert) law and governance in forwarding his goals. And as a scientist foremost, he works within the laws of science to expand the repetoire of possible gadgetry and weaponry he can fit in his armors.

Also; Silver Surfer is more a Neutral Good than a Lawful Neutral as well. Norrin is also not above breaking a few rules here and there when he feels he must and even when still on Galactus' leash he would endeavour to minimize damage to others, by leading him only to desolate or marginally populated worlds.
    I actually agree with Steve being Lawful Good. It's more about intent, I think, than actual laws; he follows his own code, and most of the time it's in agreement with society's laws, but sometimes it's not, and that's ok. Because it's still his code, and he still intends to follow it because he thinks it's right. That makes him an even better example of LG in my opinion. It's also why Tony Stark being Neutral Good also fits quite nicely. "Attempting to leverage (and at times subvert) law and governance" sounds like NG action to me, not a LG. He (arguably) doesn't really have as much of a code. He's more flexible - which is less Lawful.

I also like Galactus as Neutral Evil. He may be a force of nature, but what he does is evil, pretty objectively. And that makes Silver Surfer also fit a little more into the Lawful Neutral vein. He certainly leans Good when he can, and his ultimate purpose is good, but he still has to make a judgement on which is the lesser evil - and that's ultimately more Neutral than Good. Still, it's probably the hardest to justify.

The Watcher being True Neutral also fits pretty well. You could make a point for Lawful Neutral since he's broken his vow a few times when literally everything was about to be undone, so he clearly favors "not ruining the whole universe all at once," but the number of times he hasn't done anything makes me feel that True Neutral is pretty fair. The fact that his code is also not to do anything can sort of go that way, but in my mind it's still the intent: his intent is to remain neutral, so that counts for a lot.

Sorry for the boring post in the middle of the funny ones. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tatercat
    Options
    loroku wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    marvel-635x635.jpg

I actually agree with Steve being Lawful Good. It's more about intent, I think, than actual laws; he follows his own code, and most of the time it's in agreement with society's laws, but sometimes it's not, and that's ok. Because it's still his code, and he still intends to follow it because he thinks it's right. That makes him an even better example of LG in my opinion. It's also why Tony Stark being Neutral Good also fits quite nicely. "Attempting to leverage (and at times subvert) law and governance" sounds like NG action to me, not a LG. He (arguably) doesn't really have as much of a code. He's more flexible - which is less Lawful.

I also like Galactus as Neutral Evil. He may be a force of nature, but what he does is evil, pretty objectively. And that makes Silver Surfer also fit a little more into the Lawful Neutral vein. He certainly leans Good when he can, and his ultimate purpose is good, but he still has to make a judgement on which is the lesser evil - and that's ultimately more Neutral than Good. Still, it's probably the hardest to justify.

The Watcher being True Neutral also fits pretty well. You could make a point for Lawful Neutral since he's broken his vow a few times when literally everything was about to be undone, so he clearly favors "not ruining the whole universe all at once," but the number of times he hasn't done anything makes me feel that True Neutral is pretty fair. The fact that his code is also not to do anything can sort of go that way, but in my mind it's still the intent: his intent is to remain neutral, so that counts for a lot.

Sorry for the boring post in the middle of the funny ones. icon_e_smile.gif

Hm, I totally missed that response to my original post.

But yeah I do see Cap as Lawful Good, mainly for the reasons loroku already pointed out. In stuff like Civil War, he saw SHEILD and the government subverting the intent of the law, perverting it, and that's why he went awol then. (also because it was written by Mark Millar, who can't write Steve or Tony as anything but jerks. But I digress...) They were "breaking" the law in his eyes.

No way do I see Tony as Lawful anything. Tony, $deity$ love him, always thinks he knows what's best. He's the smartest guy in room, he sees the big picture, and he's got the means. It's not selfish, he really does think he the only one in the position to handle the burden of those hard calls. So if the law coincides with what he think is best, great! If it doesn't... Tony is going to do what Tony is going to do, like the Armor Wars storyline or some of the stuff in the Fraction run, where he went rogue like Cap did in Civil War.. So yeah, Neutral seems to fit best, with a slight lean to Chaotic.

BUT.. one man's Lawful is another man's Neutral, and all that. We all have personal bias when ranking this kind of thing, and that's the fun of unanswerable questions, like is the definition of True Neutral "one doing nothing" or is it "one choosing not to do something"? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Tatercat
    Options
    And to bring back the funny, here's picture of Deadpool getting kicked in the nards:

deadpool_no__28_by_devilpig.jpg
    LAWFUL GOOD, BABY!
  • Redrobot30
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    And to bring back the funny, here's picture of Deadpool getting kicked in the nards:

deadpool_no__28_by_devilpig.jpg
    LAWFUL GOOD, BABY!

That's one heck of a duck face selfie.
  • GrimSkald
    Options
    Had to make this fit - here's one of Spider-Man, the Punisher, and a woman named Rachel Cole-Alves who assisted the PunPun for a time:

lNcIXcZ.jpg?2

(Stupid Mouth...)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Had to make this fit - here's one of Spider-Man, the Punisher, and a woman named Rachel Cole-Alves who assisted the PunPun for a time:
    lNcIXcZ.jpg?2

(Stupid Mouth...)

So...how did he NOT get killed by S̶o̶l̶i̶d̶ ̶S̶n̶a̶k̶e̶ Punisher after that?