ATTENTION: HULKBUSTER IN GAUNTLET!!!

13»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    snip
    Avengers vs Ultron and only 2 guilds completed the event, meaning only 40 people earned Black Hulkbuster, making it the rarest cover(sans tokens) out there.

everybody who completed the event raise your hand

oh look my hand's down

everybody who got a black Hulkbuster during the event raise your hand

o/

Without knowing exactly what the proportion of Hulkbusters given out via token was, considering you're talking about a sample size of 40 having earned it as a prize, it's difficult to say definitively that Hulkbuster blacktile.png is the rarest cover out there.

Is it the cover which has seen the fewest people earn it as a prize? Sure. But again, that's not the same thing.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    snip
    Avengers vs Ultron and only 2 guilds completed the event, meaning only 40 people earned Black Hulkbuster, making it the rarest cover(sans tokens) out there.

They comp'd alliances that had started round 8. I don't believe the number of allys so comp'd was noted...? Anyway, that's where I got mine. Adding in token pulls, it's still rare, but there's a lot more than 40 out there. My HB is 1-1-3, so I'll take another black .... but red would be better!
    Sure. But we're talking about from Avengers vs Ultron event.....not comp. After the event was done, not counting tokens, there were 40 black covers in the wild.

At that point, if you hadn't done Round 8, you probably didn't have one.

Meaning, despite people's personal experiences with certain covers being rare or not, I'd be willing to bet imcoin.png the general populace has much more red and blue(round 6/7) covers than round 8 covers.

But I guess comp is technically part of event....
    DFiPL wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    snip

oh look my hand's down

o/

Without knowing exactly what the proportion of Hulkbusters given out via token was, considering you're talking about a sample size of 40 having earned it as a prize, it's difficult to say definitively that Hulkbuster blacktile.png is the rarest cover out there.

Is it the cover which has seen the fewest people earn it as a prize? Sure. But again, that's not the same thing.

Black was the rarest at one point, the point that was brought up in this specific conversation that I'm talking about

icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif is everyone happy? icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
    icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    DFiPL wrote:
    Yeah, but the only progression reward I care about in the first round is the token.

oh wait i can't have that lol me

Why can't you? You don't need to complete the Essentials in sub 1 to get the necessary points, just grab a couple of extra points in sub 2. Sub 2 unlocks when you finish the final node in sub 1, it doesn't require you to finish all the nodes in sub 1.
  • morph3us wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Yeah, but the only progression reward I care about in the first round is the token.

Why can't you? You don't need to complete the Essentials in sub 1 to get the necessary points, just grab a couple of extra points in sub 2. Sub 2 unlocks when you finish the final node in sub 1, it doesn't require you to finish all the nodes in sub 1.

Points are for each sub event - they don't combine. To earn the token for sub1, all the nodes will need to be finished, regular and essential. But as mentioned above, it is unlikely IW will be the required for the first sub (unless they change the pattern and go with a 2-2-2 essential)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    papa07 wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Points are for each sub event - they don't combine. To earn the token for sub1, all the nodes will need to be finished, regular and essential. But as mentioned above, it is unlikely IW will be the required for the first sub (unless they change the pattern and go with a 2-2-2 essential)

We'll see. The last several Gauntlets I've been short at least one essential in the first sub, and I have 51 characters on my roster. lol me.
  • morph3us
    papa07 wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Oh geez. I didn't notice that. When did they make that change? That... blows. And sucks at the same time. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    morph3us wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Oh geez. I didn't notice that. When did they make that change? That... blows. And sucks at the same time. icon_e_sad.gif

Subs points have always been separate from each other. You only need to complete the main non-essential nodes to move on to the next Sub. So if you only need the covers in the 3rd sub, you just need to blitz through the main nodes in Sub 1 and 2 and then complete main + essential in 3rd sub.
  • morph3us
    Oldboy wrote:
    Subs points have always been separate from each other. You only need to complete the main non-essential nodes to move on to the next Sub. So if you only need the covers in the 3rd sub, you just need to blitz through the main nodes in Sub 1 and 2 and then complete main + essential in 3rd sub.

You are, of course, completely right. I somehow seem to have completely manufactured the recollection of a cumulative progression reward scoring system in my head. I'm just going to go off into a corner and mumble to myself for a while. icon_redface.gif
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Despite the difficulty i think the Guantlet is the best format for me. No time, no grind, just trial and error... and bad language.

Might even break my whale virginity
  • Despite the difficulty i think the Guantlet is the best format for me. No time, no grind, just trial and error... and bad language.

Might even break my whale virginity

How is a whale like Tupperware?
    They both like a tight seal
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    It might be me but I think having 2star essentials is a slap into the players face (or a grab into his wallet) as long as slot prices are not addressed.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2015
    DFiPL wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    snip

oh look my hand's down

o/

You really can't count rarity by tokens. It's all chance.

I got 3 reds from tokens and no blues... obviously blue is the rarest and hardest to get cover?

Anyway I don't get the complaints. Gauntlet has always been my favourite event, even though traditionally it has given me absolutely no usable covers. Now that there's a hulkbuster on offer, there's no way I'm not going to hit it like the fist of a thing that is like unto iron. icon_lol.gif
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    DFiPL wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    snip

I'd just like to correct my statement. I initially said that red was the rarest cover from the ultron event, which is not true as the black was the rarest.

However I forgot to mention that we had two other opportunities for Hulkbuster, one during the concurrent Enemy of the State and the the other is the subsequent pVp. Both of which gave individual and alliance rewards.

As I clarified in another post, my Hulkbuster is currently 0/2/1, with the sole blue coming from completing round 6 of ultron. I however managed to snag my two black covers from getting top 50 individual and top 100 alliance in the EotS event, thus red is my own elusive cover.

I also did not include token draw because that one is separate from the official rewards.

Therefore I am griping that I still do not have red from all three sources, and now that a new opportunity has come I still can't get that elusive red cover. I wish gauntlet was red but it will be my third black cover which I hope to get anyway.

So TLDR black may be the rarest cover solely from ultron event, but we had two other opportunities to grab the other covers, and given that black is the top 100 alliance reward meaning that 100x20 = 2000 people at least got the black cover, so it is not the rarest cover overall. Token draws do not count.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    The gauntlet is a great ISO farm, and a great way to try out odd teams that end up working well.

There is a video somewhere of someone with underleveled DD and Cyclops finishing the last node with that team plus i think a 2* mags or something.. need to find it.
  • pabasa130 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    snip

I'd just like to correct my statement. I initially said that red was the rarest cover from the ultron event, which is not true as the black was the rarest.

However I forgot to mention that we had two other opportunities for Hulkbuster, one during the concurrent Enemy of the State and the the other is the subsequent pVp. Both of which gave individual and alliance rewards.

As I clarified in another post, my Hulkbuster is currently 0/2/1, with the sole blue coming from completing round 6 of ultron. I however managed to snag my two black covers from getting top 50 individual and top 100 alliance in the EotS event, thus red is my own elusive cover.

I also did not include token draw because that one is separate from the official rewards.

Therefore I am griping that I still do not have red from all three sources, and now that a new opportunity has come I still can't get that elusive red cover. I wish gauntlet was red but it will be my third black cover which I hope to get anyway.

So TLDR black may be the rarest cover solely from ultron event, but we had two other opportunities to grab the other covers, and given that black is the top 100 alliance reward meaning that 100x20 = 2000 people at least got the black cover, so it is not the rarest cover overall. Token draws do not count.

I'm glad u agree with me cuz I had to krutacking argue about it because folks can't tell about context
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    slidecage wrote:
    find it sort of funny that people are this happy to get a single hulk buster for doing all of that work... one of each cover i could say wooo but 1 cover and how much harder its going to be pass...

Waits for the complains to come in saying ITS TOO HARD its not fair

best of luck to all of you who go for it though, for me a week off will be very nice.

I don't think I've ever finished the hard gauntlet, but my roster has improved immensely since the last time it was run, so I guess we shall see.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's nice that they took this suggestion - since the first Gauntlet run, I think folks have said the top prize should be worth more.

I opened up event, clicked on hardest sub node one - saw 3x level 284, counted 20 more nodes after that, shrugged and ignored event.

Thanks scaling, you make so many of these PVE's an easy decision to make!