ATTENTION: HULKBUSTER IN GAUNTLET!!!

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    find it sort of funny that people are this happy to get a single hulk buster for doing all of that work... one of each cover i could say wooo but 1 cover and how much harder its going to be pass...

Waits for the complains to come in saying ITS TOO HARD its not fair

best of luck to all of you who go for it though, for me a week off will be very nice.

You get a single HB for beating one node, not that much work. 10min work for an item worth about $17 worth of game currency. That's $100/hr. Not bad.

Oh, and there are 59(?) nodes prior, each with their own payoff. It adds up.

beating one node icon_e_smile.gif good one but like say best of luck to those who want it. not worth the hassle or time for me.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    find it sort of funny that people are this happy to get a single hulk buster for doing all of that work..

Honestly, Slide, the Gauntlet is probably the only part of the game that doesn't feel like work to me (apart from DDQ). Yes, it's challenging, but it's the closest thing to an endgame that MPQ has, and I can play it totally at my own pace. Given the likely difficulty level, it's going to feel pretty great getting that Hulkbuster at the end, rather than a 3*.
  • slidecage
    morph3us wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    find it sort of funny that people are this happy to get a single hulk buster for doing all of that work..

Honestly, Slide, the Gauntlet is probably the only part of the game that doesn't feel like work to me (apart from DDQ). Yes, it's challenging, but it's the closest thing to an endgame that MPQ has, and I can play it totally at my own pace. Given the likely difficulty level, it's going to feel pretty great getting that Hulkbuster at the end, rather than a 3*.

how many people are going to make it to the end. many give up before they get there, many say they use deadpool whales to make it to the end, They really need to remove the gaunlet from the PVE plans and make it a stand alone. People with smaller rosters have a chance playing in normal PVE but have no chance going though the Gaunlet.

I say take the Gaunlet away from normal PVE all together and put it as a Season PVE. it would give people longer to play it that want to play it while allowing people who want to skip it stills something to play. It seems to come around every 2 months or so its not that common but for those who have no interest in playing it, it pushes them away from the game for a week where they could find something else to play and never come back.

make the gaunlet like the daily event but run it then entire season.

its just too bad they did not run this last week then i could of left for the entire week without checking in (out of season PVP) I will just be checking in for the PVP .
  • slidecage wrote:

best of luck to all of you who go for it though, for me a week off will be very nice.

Ditto...if i want a black HB cover that badly, i will spend 2500 HP and save myself a 4 day kick in the ****.

easy...marc
  • slidecage
    edited May 2015
    djsquillz wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Ditto...if i want a black HB cover that badly, i will spend 2500 HP and save myself a 4 day kick in the ****.

easy...marc

dont you mean 7 day (its a week event --- at least it should be )

if it was another color maybe but just dont think its worth it for that color. then again maybe the luck of the tokens draws spoiled it for me... on the ultron was 1-1 (did not get last cover and then the tokens pushed him to )

1-4-1 so pulled 4 covers from toks

my week will look like

10 mins for dead pool
    then
    630 to 8am friday play pvp
    630 to 8am sunday PVP
    pm on tue pvp.... be nice only 6 hours all week playing very nice break
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    how many people are going to make it to the end. many give up before they get there, many say they use deadpool whales to make it to the end, They really need to remove the gaunlet from the PVE plans and make it a stand alone. People with smaller rosters have a chance playing in normal PVE but have no chance going though the Gaunlet.

I say take the Gaunlet away from normal PVE all together and put it as a Season PVE. it would give people longer to play it that want to play it while allowing people who want to skip it stills something to play. It seems to come around every 2 months or so its not that common but for those who have no interest in playing it, it pushes them away from the game for a week where they could find something else to play and never come back.

The devs probably only expect a small percentage of the MPQ population to make it to the end. In terms of difficulty, it's probably going to be calibrated the same as getting top 1-2 in PvE or reaching 1000 points in PvP. I'm okay with that. As I said, the last sub in the Gauntlet is essentially endgame content.

I've seen suggestions before that the Gauntlet be turned into a Season PvE or a separate event. I don't think that's an unreasonable suggestion, given that once a player "hits the wall" in the Gauntlet, they don't have any other content to play apart from PvP. Not to go too far off topic, but MPQ does really need separate PvP or PvE content for the people who've been playing for a while. Contest of Champions has Realm of Legends, it'd be great to see something similar here.
  • Gauntlet is the closest thing that resembles a statically difficult encounter simply because the scaling toward the end is so high you don't get much out of favorable scaling, and it's set at a level where having a solid core of level 166s can definitely beat it as long as you don't run into someone like Iron Fist or Juggernaut, and you can use Whales for that and Gauntlet recently has been better about not throwing guys like Juggernaut at you at the end. I don't think requiring several 166s is asking a lot for the 3 3* guaranteed finishes, and now the 4*. You may have to make some sacrifices in terms of how well you can do in other events but even the hardest Gauntlet encounters boils down to just keep trying until you get the right board to win unless you're just nowhere ready to do this or the enemy is blatantly unfair (e.g. Juggernaut with green feeders).
  • Yes, please remember to check the last prize in the Gauntlet, it might be good icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Puertorico wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    The issue I have, none of the essentials can be earned in the event

I thought deadpool was a reward? Iw maybe not but you can have mine lol. I think it's a nice gift for d3 to give out a HB cover.
    Essentials are IW, Mystique, 2* Marvel

so because I don't have IW, I have no chance at the token in the first Gauntlet, have the essential in the 2nd which I usually can't complete, and have the essential in the 3rd which I usually can't even touch?

Awesome.
  • slidecage wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

easy...marc

dont you mean 7 day (its a week event --- at least it should be )

if it was another color maybe but just dont think its worth it for that color. then again maybe the luck of the tokens draws spoiled it for me... on the ultron was 1-1 (did not get last cover and then the tokens pushed him to )

1-4-1 so pulled 4 covers from toks

my week will look like

10 mins for dead pool
    then
    630 to 8am friday play pvp
    630 to 8am sunday PVP
    pm on tue pvp.... be nice only 6 hours all week playing very nice break
    slidecage i normally agree w/ u but I can't here...every hulkbuster cover is worth getting. He's mutha-krutacking-hulkbusta.
    djsquillz wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

easy...marc
    gauntlet is the opposite for me, whales are actually really good for some testicular destruction
    morph3us wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

agree, play at my pace, walk away with 3 3* covers
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    raisinbman wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:
    4* in gauntlet: very good. The gauntlet has always been the harder event and completing the whole thing is definitely worthy of a 4* reward, and if this change will continue in all gauntlets moving forward, I'm all for it.

Not so good: it's a blacktile.png hulk buster when I would really love to get redtile.png which I believe is one of the harder colours to get during the ultron event. I'll take it but it could have been better.
    black was hardest to get in Ultron, only 2 guilds got it, bub

I'unno, for some reason my hulk buster is at 0/2/1. My alliance didn't manage to finish ultron round 7 so we missed the red cover, and I got the other two covers from top 50 individual top 100 alliance in enemy of the state.

Apart from ultron round 2, red is the elusive cover so far. For many of us in the 50-100 ranking range.
  • DFiPL
    raisinbman wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:
    4* in gauntlet: very good. The gauntlet has always been the harder event and completing the whole thing is definitely worthy of a 4* reward, and if this change will continue in all gauntlets moving forward, I'm all for it.

Not so good: it's a blacktile.png hulk buster when I would really love to get redtile.png which I believe is one of the harder colours to get during the ultron event. I'll take it but it could have been better.

Some of us pulled his blacktile.png from an Ultron token.

I pulled his redtile.png on mobile and his blacktile.png on Steam. If only I could combine them somehow.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    so because I don't have IW, I have no chance at the token in the first Gauntlet, have the essential in the 2nd which I usually can't complete, and have the essential in the 3rd which I usually can't even touch?
    You can progress to the second round without playing any essentials in the first but you'll need the points from the essentials to get all the rewards in the end. The Gauntlet is one of the few really challenging events in this game and there's no shame in not having the roster to complete it - finishing is a real accomplishment, especially when they put Deadpool in the last few essential or the final node.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:

I pulled his redtile.png on mobile and his blacktile.png on Steam. If only I could combine them somehow.
    what's your point? I'm not talking about tokens. I'm sure there's someone out there who's completed every character thru tokens, but that's CHANCE. You were talking about Avengers vs Ultron and only 2 guilds completed the event, meaning only 40 people earned Black Hulkbuster, making it the rarest cover(sans tokens) out there.

Realistically, when we look at covers, we're talking about when they are offered as prizes, not in tokens.

Otherwise, no one would complain about tokens ever because you can get everything you need from std tokens.

You can't say a cover is rare or not based on TOKENS unless you'd like to share some hidden cover-chance-from-tokens-math with various math-inclined forum-goers who I'm sure would be happy to know.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Puertorico wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    The issue I have, none of the essentials can be earned in the event

I thought deadpool was a reward? Iw maybe not but you can have mine lol. I think it's a nice gift for d3 to give out a HB cover.
    Essentials are IW, Mystique, 2* Marvel

Awesome.

If they didn't redesign the format to a 2-2-2 essentials each Gauntlet, I would imagine the first one has either 6 Cap Marvel or 3 Cap Marvel, 3 Mystique, while the second one will likely be 6 Mystique or 3 Cap M and 3 IW. Just my guesses, we will find out soon enough. That said, it really sucks that the essentials cannot be earned throughout play.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Raffoon wrote:
    It's comparable in that it's a worthwhile part of the cost/benefit analysis of whether to do something. It's not very helpful to only consider the very last step in the chain icon_e_wink.gif

Hmm, maybe the GF will play doctor with me....

Likewise disingenuous to comment only on the last payoff, as if all the other loot were not there. Compared to other events, Gauntlet has been well worth the time.

I will avoid any CBA in regards to GFs. Good luck icon_e_biggrin.gif

Fair enough, I will take another look at the rewards when deciding if the event is worth the time.

May the cascades be ever in your favor.... or something to that effect.
  • DFiPL
    shade_tree wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    You can progress to the second round without playing any essentials in the first but you'll need the points from the essentials to get all the rewards in the end. The Gauntlet is one of the few really challenging events in this game and there's no shame in not having the roster to complete it - finishing is a real accomplishment, especially when they put Deadpool in the last few essential or the final node.

Yeah, but the only progression reward I care about in the first round is the token.

oh wait i can't have that lol me
  • DFiPL
    raisinbman wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:

what's your point? I'm not talking about tokens. I'm sure there's someone out there who's completed every character thru tokens, but that's CHANCE. You were talking about Avengers vs Ultron and only 2 guilds completed the event, meaning only 40 people earned Black Hulkbuster, making it the rarest cover(sans tokens) out there.

Realistically, when we look at covers, we're talking about when they are offered as prizes, not in tokens.

Otherwise, no one would complain about tokens ever because you can get everything you need from std tokens.

You can't say a cover is rare or not based on TOKENS unless you'd like to share some hidden cover-chance-from-tokens-math with various math-inclined forum-goers who I'm sure would be happy to know.

Didn't say it was, or wasn't, rare. Other dude was saying that to his knowledge red was harder to get and you said 'nuh uh only two alliances got one.' From context it seemed pretty clear to me that he was talking about token pulls, not the Ultron Prime nodes.

You're the one who steered it back to prizes, not tokens.
  • DFiPL wrote:
    snip
    Avengers vs Ultron and only 2 guilds completed the event, meaning only 40 people earned Black Hulkbuster, making it the rarest cover(sans tokens) out there.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2015
    After accumulating so many Deadpool points every day for the last 6 months or something (460K), I think that a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_ironman.pngblackflag.png cover is totally worth using them to finish that Gauntlet with a truck load of Super Whales if necessary! icon_mrgreen.gif

I also can use that icon_blackpanther.pngblueflag.png cover on top of it so even more worth it! icon_cool.gif

EDIT: I do have the 3 essential characters required to make it possible to finish the entire Gauntlet... icon_e_wink.gif