ATTENTION: HULKBUSTER IN GAUNTLET!!!

IS IT A BUG? IS GAUNTLET HARDER? D3 HASN'T SAID ANYTHING!!!!!!!!

Comments

• TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    The last node is always 395.
  • The last node is always 395.
    sure but events are always harder when they add a 4*(PVE, Ultron) is it harder???? DISCUSSSSSSS
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The issue I have, none of the essentials can be earned in the event
  • Puertorico
    Puertorico Posts: 50
    fmftint wrote:

I thought deadpool was a reward? Iw maybe not but you can have mine lol. I think it's a nice gift for d3 to give out a HB cover.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    fmftint wrote:
    maybe that's how its harder?....normally u can earn essentials.
  • fmftint
    Puertorico wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I thought deadpool was a reward? Iw maybe not but you can have mine lol. I think it's a nice gift for d3 to give out a HB cover.
    Essentials are IW, Mystique, 2* Marvel
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    4* in gauntlet: very good. The gauntlet has always been the harder event and completing the whole thing is definitely worthy of a 4* reward, and if this change will continue in all gauntlets moving forward, I'm all for it.

Not so good: it's a blacktile.png hulk buster when I would really love to get redtile.png which I believe is one of the harder colours to get during the ultron event. I'll take it but it could have been better.
  • pabasa130 wrote:
    4* in gauntlet: very good. The gauntlet has always been the harder event and completing the whole thing is definitely worthy of a 4* reward, and if this change will continue in all gauntlets moving forward, I'm all for it.

Not so good: it's a blacktile.png hulk buster when I would really love to get redtile.png which I believe is one of the harder colours to get during the ultron event. I'll take it but it could have been better.
    black was hardest to get in Ultron, only 2 guilds got it, bub
  • fmftint
    I hope that bugged Tiesatsu and 3BE won't be making any appearances
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Hulkbuster blackflag.png is actually the color I have most of for him (3). Would have loved a redflag.png but definitely not complaining. Now if only the Black Panther reward had also been blackflag.png ...
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    pabasa130 wrote:

Ugh. I've got 4 HB covers, but I'm 0/1/3.

So my HB is essentially just a big tank that produces protect tiles and feeds red AP to others.

Then again, I'm not sure that a single cover would change that for me. Like how I've got a single cover in Surgical Strike... yeah, I'm going to use that black AP somewhere else thanks.
  • pabasa130 wrote:

It was the top color prize in Enemy of the State, but was easier to get in A v Ultron.
    Between grinding myself near to death in EotS and grabbing first, a lucky pull from the compensation AvU 10 pack, I'm up to 5/3/3 Hulkbuster, and skipped the 1k reward one I think.

I'm glad I've got some whales swimming around, as I'd like that black cover.
  • fmftint
    j12601 wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:

It was the top color prize in Enemy of the State, but was easier to get in A v Ultron.
    Between grinding myself near to death in EotS and grabbing first, a lucky pull from the compensation AvU 10 pack, I'm up to 5/3/3 Hulkbuster, and skipped the 1k reward one I think.

To bad Deadpool will be in the final node and 2 of the last 3 essentials...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    find it sort of funny that people are this happy to get a single hulk buster for doing all of that work... one of each cover i could say wooo but 1 cover and how much harder its going to be pass...

Waits for the complains to come in saying ITS TOO HARD its not fair

best of luck to all of you who go for it though, for me a week off will be very nice.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    End nodes and essentials will definitely be a lot harder in 3rd sub as a 4* is being given out. So just have that mindset going in.
    Hopefully we see a lot more discussion about strategies on this forum than complaints about how hard it is.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    slidecage wrote:
    find it sort of funny that people are this happy to get a single hulk buster for doing all of that work... one of each cover i could say wooo but 1 cover and how much harder its going to be pass...

best of luck to all of you who go for it though, for me a week off will be very nice.

You get a single HB for beating one node, not that much work. 10min work for an item worth about $17 worth of game currency. That's $100/hr. Not bad.

Oh, and there are 59(?) nodes prior, each with their own payoff. It adds up.

Not weighing in on how hard or not this will be but....

By the same logic, let me just go earn a few hundred dollars an hour working as a doctor. I'll only need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and a bunch of years going through medical school,residency, and such. Not that much work icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • fmftint wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:

To bad Deadpool will be in the final node and 2 of the last 3 essentials...
    I hate when they do this. This is the event I save whales for.

On the bright side, my Iron Fist is much more formidable than he was last gauntlet. RIP Magstorm
    Oldboy wrote:
    End nodes and essentials will definitely be a lot harder in 3rd sub as a 4* is being given out. So just have that mindset going in.
    Hopefully we see a lot more discussion about strategies on this forum than complaints about how hard it is.

Ppl already complain about Teitsus when all u need to do is bring Shulkie or Moonstone, I doubt they'll stop complaining
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Raffoon wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

You get a single HB for beating one node, not that much work. 10min work for an item worth about $17 worth of game currency. That's $100/hr. Not bad.

Oh, and there are 59(?) nodes prior, each with their own payoff. It adds up.

Not weighing in on how hard or not this will be but....

By the same logic, let me just go earn a few hundred dollars an hour working as a doctor. I'll only need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and a bunch of years going through medical school,residency, and such. Not that much work icon_e_biggrin.gif

Ruh-ro. Gauntlet comparable to med school? Better start studying...!

Maybe someone would let you player Doctor for 10min is you asked nicely?

Thanks to MPQ, I play Doctor Doom and Dr. Banner's other half quite often.

It's comparable in that it's a worthwhile part of the cost/benefit analysis of whether to do something. It's not very helpful to only consider the very last step in the chain icon_e_wink.gif

Hmm, maybe the GF will play doctor with me....
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The real question is who will be the last node to get HB? Possibly 395 HB, IF, Cyclops?
  • wymtime wrote:
    The real question is who will be the last node to get HB? Possibly 395 HB, IF, Cyclops?

I don't think Iron Fist will be around because he's either way too hard for most people or he exposes his team to some serious Hulk-bombing, so the end result is that the node is likely too hard and too easy at the same time and that's never good for anyone.